POLL: Should Disney bring back Princess Jasmine's original costume and ban contact with guests?

Should Disney bring back Princess Jasmine's original costume and ban physical contact with guests?

• Yes. Bring back Princess Jasmine's original costume and ban contact w/guests.

Votes: 21 10.9%
  • Yes. Bring back Princess Jasmine's original costume but continue contact w/guests.

Votes: 133 68.9%
  • No. Keep Princess Jasmine's new costume and continue contact w/guests.

Votes: 20 10.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 9.8%

• Total voters

Siren

Original Poster
Okay so, @candy_pencils broke the internet yesterday by posting pics of Princess Jasmine's new costume. http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/jasmines-new-look.918160/

There is a lot of controversy regarding Princess Jasmine's new costume and why it was changed. Unfortunately, poor Princess Jasmine has experienced some less than magical encounters during her meet & greets, it's just awful.

Should Disney bring back Princess Jasmine's original costume and just ban physical contact guests?

crzqdv2xyaa5mlf-jpg.159017

191tgl.jpg

Last edited:

Siren

Original Poster
The new costume doesn't bother me -- the dress could have been designed better with higher end material and embellishments. But, overall I think this was a good move by Disney. The princess friend looks much more comfortable and relaxed, too.

I think the new costume could have been designed a bit better but both give off the appearance of Jasmine. Once again though we have a few inappropriate guests spoiling things for everyone else. I hope that "Jasmine" doesn't have any other inappropriate contact and that this outfit makes her feel safer.

JIMINYCR

I dont like the new look. Too frumpy... it spoils the way Jasmine looks, doesnt help her catch the fun loving nature of the character. If guests are doing something inappropriate when coming in contact with Jasmine, Disney should be in control and penalize those guests. Jasmines presence in any costume or any CM's look shouldnt give anyone permission to disrespect them or cross over the line on decent behavior. No one should have to tolerate bad behavior even from vacationing idiots.

The_Jobu

Does anyone directly know of any incidents or is this based on conjecture? I'd say you punish guests severely for inappropriate behaviour rather than changing costumes. Imagine having to explain to your family that you're banned from the parks because you got handsy with a princess.

I assume the change was made for "cultural reasons", which I understand. There's no stopping that in this day and age. Still, I'd think they could do a better job than what they came up with. As many have said, it looks like a discount-store generic princess dress.

Tom

Beta Return
The new dress looks like a $5 Halloween costume. The old costume was indeed very revealing, but still covered more than you can see at Blizzard Beach on a daily basis.

If adults are getting handsy with Jasmine, kick them out for an actual crime. Don't put professional performers in silly, I'll fitting dress up suits.

ULPO46

Remember the Tiger incident a few years ago, just because they have a CM there as well, doesn't always protect the performer from Guest being plain stupid. Most times it goes unreported. As for the costume i agree, it's even cheaper material than what they sell you for 100+. I think it's decent and I don't have much of an opinion of the costume, i think the old one was fine but it's a cultural thing, if she truly was in the Ottoman empire, not even her hair would have been allowed to be shown, yet again, it's a touchy subject that honestly I don't want to have an opinion on.

maroonmol

Unless we know for sure that the costume was changed because of inappropriate guests, then I say why ban contact? I liked the old costume a LOT more but if Disney had a good reason to change it, why revert back?

copcarguyp71

The new costume looks like something retail purchased at Halloween Adventure stores. Horrible and just hangs like draperies. I'd rather not see any representation of Jasmine at all than this homogenized PC nightmare. I am assuming the "less than magical moments" were lecherous idiots who don't know how to act. It's Disney not a singles bar and if they act in a less than acceptable way then they and their party should be shown the back exit of the park and asked not to return but going to this degree of change is pretty much terrible IMO.

matt9112

The new dress looks like a $5 Halloween costume. The old costume was indeed very revealing, but still covered more than you can see at Blizzard Beach on a daily basis.

If adults are getting handsy with Jasmine, kick them out for an actual crime. Don't put professional performers in silly, I'll fitting dress up suits.

i agree....more than not i seem to feel Disney is afraid to enforce any kind of rules or regulations. in this case it could very well be a crime but even in the best scenario should have some guests tossed. they seem to be lethargic to hold standards to anyone...no need to reinvent the wheel its not broken. shame really.

21stamps

And as a side note she could at least put the wig on right, you can see her bangs and it makes the costume look worse than it already does. If this is the best they can do just stop having Jasmine at all.

The hair and the belt. I just can't get past either one.

Goofyernmost

Simple question.. Are we sure this is for real? Where did the photo come from. It's a very poor angle and I cannot see Disney releasing a photo like that under any circumstances. Honestly, it looks like someone stood on a step ladder and took a head to ground picture. Anyway, just a question!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom