Poll One of Three: MISSION SPACE

What do you think today of Mission Space?

• Great experience. I will repeat it next time no doubt!

Votes: 128 62.1%
  • Great experience.

Votes: 29 14.1%
  • It was cool, but I don't plan on going back.

Votes: 28 13.6%
  • I sense distaste

Votes: 15 7.3%
  • Mission Space? Isn't it called "Soarin'?"

Votes: 6 2.9%

• Total voters

Neptune

It was DEFINATELY not too intense for me. It was a simulator, and I did feel a little dizzy, but that what you can expect from a simulator.

Connor002

i thought is was fun, and i wasn't bothered, but my cousin sat next to me and was ready to use one of the bags:hurl: :lookaroun

Walt Sent Me

I didn't quite know what to expect the first time I rode this attraction back in July 2004. It was defenitely OUT OF THIS WORLD!

I was fine throughout the ride, then when it ended I felt dizzy and had to eat something and take an advil. Then I felt better and went on TT. lol

But still a great attraction and it really made me think of mankind's travels and all that deep, mushy stuff. Very beautiful.

dxwwf3

It's very fun and enjoyable to me now. It's not as intense as I hoped (or thought) it would be, but it's still fun.

Definately one of the best attractions at WDW.

Skippy

i am so fortunate to not have any motion sickness at all. i think i got dizzy once out of the 10 or so times i've been on it.

the best was when i got on it june of 03 (first day for soft openings!!). i went on the ride 3 times in a row and it was intense, no dizzyness though. However, all 3 of those times were with a different group of people because they could only take it once. :lol:

CaptainMichael

Mission: Space is everything Test Track isn't. Mission: Space is one of the main reasons I go to Epcot and in my mind is a Disney Classic.

Great Experience, Great Technology, Great Execution=2 thumbs up from me.

It lived up to the hype.

Merlin

Account Suspended
I'm probably being too picky about this, but what has always kind of bugged me about Mission:Space is the backstory. I think it's dumb that the "adventure" is that you're in a training simulator. I just don't get that at all. To me, the huge appeal of Disney is the escapism and getting to pretend. I would much rather pretend that I actually AM flying to Mars than pretending that I'm TRAINING to go to Mars. That one I just don't get.

I also don't like the time it takes to sit through the warning videos. I always find it distracting that it is very obvious Gary Sinise is reading from cue cards or a teleprompter.

Aside from that, I like the ride itself.

snoopi_grl

I find Mission: Space not that good. The last time i went on it, i got motion sickness, so that was a really bad first impression. I think i'll never want to go on it again.

PamelaNiebergal

I haven't been on it and I can't see myself riding it in the future, mainly because I am terrified it will make me sick and I don't think it is worth ruining a day at EPCOT. I will ride any ride or rollercoaster they can throw at me but I'm not a big fan of simulators or spinning (plus I am clausterphobic) so I avoid this one. It kind of upsets me that I can't bring myself to go on it, so for me I almost wish it was never built.

barnum42

I have an iron stomach, so motion sickness is not an issue. I really like the ride. The pre-show does not hold up to too many repeats, but that's a minor gripe.

matrtj

I thought it was a very good ride. The queue area works well (I was not in a long queue so I didn't see all the repeats) and the 'mission control' area is a good idea for the non riders.

The best bit was coming out and seeing all the people sprawled on the grass outside - guess it is a bit much for some people!

DisneyWales

Mission: Space

Its my favourite ride a Epcot, it keeps within the theme of Epcot, yet its a THrill ride, and no body else in the world can make anything like it, not even NASA.

Mystic

Absolutely love Mission: Space. Haven't given the queue area much notice though as I'm usually zipping through either on a fastpass or in the single riders line. Definitely one that gets repeated rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom