Poll: Is Galaxy’s Edge Great(and a success)?

Is Galaxy’s Edge Great (and a success)?

• Yes to both

Votes: 54 32.5%
  • No to both

Votes: 40 24.1%
  • Yes to great, no to success

Votes: 19 11.4%
  • No to great, yes to success

Votes: 53 31.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. Tux

Original Poster
It’s been almost 3 years since it opened at Hollywood Studios so it seems appropriate to see how we’re feeling after three years, and I was wondering what people thought of the land overall. I know some people may not like the sequel trilogy, but I don’t think that factors into the land being great or not. But, there were concerns (me included as a shareholder) that it may have failed—until I saw the revenue increases after the quarter it opened and crowds (and second revenue increase) that came later for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. What do you all think?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Frankly as a whole, it looks like a drained Waterpark. There are a few bright spots, like Rise and Rontos Roasters but most of it as executed is just a meh. We haven't been back on Smugglers in almost two years in spite of the 8 week long trips we've made to WDW.

Br0ckford

OK so I answered not great, but a success. It could have been so much more then what it is. But can't deny it's bringing people. More original trilogy stuff, more characters interaction, etc... could have been so great. It's really a disappointment to what I was expecting when announced.

Mr. Tux

Original Poster
Liked both rides, rise is the greatest ride in the world currently, smugglers is fun for me personally, though I can see why some don’t like it. Environment is cool, very Star Wars like, it’s like a modern Frontierland and feels like Tatooine.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I think the land looks very Star Wars like, though I think the effect is lost on some people because the land looks so authentically dystopian. Though I like the sequels, I prefer the originals and would like some original trilogy/Mandalorian.

There's absolutely nothing undesirable or frightening ( well the milk stand qualifies, but it wasn't intentional)

J4546

If they had themed each land to a different planet....that would have just made them over the top imo, still great though. Imagine if DHS GE was themed to Endor...same rides, and then could used Muppet area as spot for speederbike hagrids style coaster. Also the massive trees would provide shade in a park with no shade, and the massive trees when seen from toy story land would help with the scaled down to a toy size affect.

UNCgolf

It's successful but it's not great. Smuggler's Run is pretty bad and not worth waiting more than 10-15 minutes to ride, and the area is full of upcharge/reservation required experiences.

Rise seems great (haven't been on it), and so are the ship props, but overall it's a B or B- when it should have been an A+. Having Toy Story Land next door does go a long way towards making Galaxy's Edge look great, though, because it's so much better in comparison.

It needs a third attraction (hopefully one much better than MFSR), and more entertainment/atmosphere.

UNCgolf

To me Rise has always seemed very "plasticy," and for the land's headliner, it lacks the physical thrill I expect from a "super E." Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it, but it doesn't live up to the hype so many people seem to have for it. IMO of course

I know I'm an outlier, but for me if a ride is physical thrill heavy it's usually lacking in the content necessary to be a top attraction. I think Splash Mountain and Tower of Terror are probably the only two that would fit that category for me (maybe the original version of Expedition Everest with all effects working as intended), whereas longer content heavy rides like Spaceship Earth, original Imagination, Haunted Mansion, etc. all would. It's very difficult for a coaster-type attraction to have enough themed content to be among the best of the best rides.

Vegas Disney Fan

Frankly as a whole, it looks like a drained Waterpark. There are a few bright spots, like Rise and Rontos Roasters but most of it as executed is just a meh. We haven't been back on Smugglers in almost two years in spite of the 8 week long trips we've made to WDW.

Smugglers run needs more stories, it was fun the first few times but got repetitive really fast?

We do Rise every trip, and still do Star Tours nearly every trip, but have only done Smugglers once since the parks reopened.

It has a ton of potential but if they are going to just stick to the one story we’ll keep skipping it.

roj2323

We have never seen the immersion we were promised in the presentations. Rather than it being a maze of shops and Out door food we got something that's just too polished and spread out. We were also shown a rather fancy eat in restaurant and a well themed bar with animatronics and live actors which we have also not seen. Honestly for everything it was presented to be, it lacks soul. I was much more impressed with Pandora if I'm being honest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom