Police Discounts

erstwo

I don't really have an answer, but I do remember reading something about Firefighters getting a discount. So I would imagine the same is offered to police?

You might try googling it? Or maybe someone on here has the answer!

EDIT - According to everything I could find, Disney does Not offer a discount for any civil servants - police or otherwise. It does seem that some travel agencies (AAA for example) have offered some discounts in the past. Not sure if they offer them now though.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Haven't found any - but I would just call Disney & ask :)

One note - check on the following conflict: your department probably REQUIRES that you carry off duty - but Disney will have a major issue with that. I'm not LEO, so I'm not sure how others have resolved that conflict :(

When I worked LE our agency's policy required us to carry at all times *unless* it was unsafe to do so or prohibited. The policy did leave a little opening for discretion. Each agency is different, tho, so it's always good to know those policies.

To my knowledge there are no discounts for LE. I haven't been in that line of work for 5 years so I could be wrong. If they do I'd be interested to know about it. I have an interview in 2 days so it's entirely possible I'll be LE again.

Upvote 0

SJFPKT

1st answer is that you can't offer a discount for only Police as it would be an ethics violation(yes I know its done every day I am just telling you legally and since Disney is a huge company I would expect them to follow it) They can offer like a Gov employee deal or something and I think at one time they did a hometown heros thing for fire and police after 9/11.

2nd as for the Carry vs. non-carry at Disney I will tell you that if you are sworn then you can carry your gun on you per federal law. Have I taken mine before yes.(had it in the car and I will not leave it in the car for an extended period of time) but I don't try to take it as its literally a pain in the butt on rides. Normally they aren't gonna check you though if you have it on your person. Say like a Keltec 380 in a pocket holster.

Upvote 0

Rob562

2nd as for the Carry vs. non-carry at Disney I will tell you that if you are sworn then you can carry your gun on you per federal law. Have I taken mine before yes.(had it in the car and I will not leave it in the car for an extended period of time) but I don't try to take it as its literally a pain in the butt on rides. Normally they aren't gonna check you though if you have it on your person. Say like a Keltec 380 in a pocket holster.

Not sure about the legal issues involved, so I can't comment on those, but if you're carrying, especially as a LEO, I'm sure it would behoove you to at least speak with someone in Security when you arrive at the park to inform them of your presence.

I also know that Disney provides secure lockboxes for those carrying to lock up their firearms at each park. (The one at the MK is in a visible area, if you know what you're looking at, but I've never seen the ones at the other parks, I presume they're a bit more offstage)

-Rob

Upvote 0

SJFPKT

Not sure about the legal issues involved, so I can't comment on those, but if you're carrying, especially as a LEO, I'm sure it would behoove you to at least speak with someone in Security when you arrive at the park to inform them of your presence.

I also know that Disney provides secure lockboxes for those carrying to lock up their firearms at each park. (The one at the MK is in a visible area, if you know what you're looking at, but I've never seen the ones at the other parks, I presume they're a bit more offstage)

-Rob

Didn't know about the lockers. I try to leave it in the room safe. Not really worried about a whole lot in while at the parks, but won't travel without it. And as for legal issues I am sure everyone is gonna have an opinion but hey thats police work. 1 second to make a decision and several years for everyone to critique it

Upvote 0

Tater48

Didn't know about the lockers. I try to leave it in the room safe. Not really worried about a whole lot in while at the parks, but won't travel without it. And as for legal issues I am sure everyone is gonna have an opinion but hey thats police work. 1 second to make a decision and several years for everyone to critiqueit

Same here. I always lock it up in the room safe, as I have never had a need for it in the past.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom