Pokemon land / New region discovered;)

JT3000

The big challenge with Pokémon is that its central activity is really quite abhorrent.

XBCQc7K.jpg

TwilightZone

Bad news for folks who want pokemon.
The project has been rumored to be on hold.
After the fast and furious disaster, Universal wants to see the popularity of the upcoming mario land first before creating a Zelda or Pokemon land.

TwilightZone

If true, I find it funny that Universal would put on hold the only IP that could steamroll Star Wars.
Yep, but after the failure of Fast and the Furious, it does make some sense.
But if true, it also shows how flawed universal's thinking is. The ride is flawed due to the ride system, not the IP.
We will have to wait and see I guess.

Brer Oswald

Yep, but after the failure of Fast and the Furious, it does make some sense.
But if true, it also shows how flawed universal's thinking is. The ride is flawed due to the ride system, not the IP.
We will have to wait and see I guess.
They could make the absolute worst ride system, and it would still do great just because it’s Pokémon. It’s the number 1 IP in the world.

Sped2424

Original Poster
Bad news for folks who want pokemon.
The project has been rumored to be on hold.
After the fast and furious disaster, Universal wants to see the popularity of the upcoming mario land first before creating a Zelda or Pokemon land.
Don't be so quick to trust TPU. They had the timelines all messed up and from what I am reading made this bit of "news" to cover for it.

Sped2424

Original Poster
Interesting! Any idea of what the timelines are supposed to be?
According to some insiders it was later/never concrete which is why the tpu article is claiming that they have been "pushed back" to see if Nintendo does well at first was backtracking on their part! I highly doubt universal would be this dumb to not understand why FATF failed and think that Nintendo needs to prove itself at all in order to merit funding for other lands.

TwilightZone

According to some insiders it was later/never concrete which is why the tpu article is claiming that they have been "pushed back" to see if Nintendo does well at first was backtracking on their part! I highly doubt universal would be this dumb to not understand why FATF failed and think that Nintendo needs to prove itself at all in order to merit funding for other lands.
Yep, that does make sense! Plus matches up with what Alicia Stella said one podcast about her not hearing anything about a pokemon land.
For all we know, there might not be one!

matt78

They could make the absolute worst ride system, and it would still do great just because it’s Pokémon. It’s the number 1 IP in the world.

All they would have to do is offer a battle ready shiny mythical like Celebi, Deoxys or Victini and that would be a draw. If they were smart they would rotate one shiny mythical a year and they would get plenty of repeat visitors just for that. If they wanted to fill up their hotels they could build a replica of the Indigo Plateau and hold the US Pokemon VG or TCG championships there. There are ways they could milk this franchise without even building any rides.

Brer Oswald

I'm not sure if I would say that. Stitch was number 1 when SGE opened and it did not do great (as far as I am aware of).
Stitch never was even number 1 within the company. Pokémon has pretty much been number 1 worldwide since it’s inception. It’s grossed over $85 billion.

lebeau

Stitch never was even number 1 within the company. Pokémon has pretty much been number 1 worldwide since it’s inception. It’s grossed over $85 billion.

That's an apples and oranges comparison though. A lot of people have no interest whatsoever in... what are they called again?... Pokemen?

Brer Oswald

This attitude is awful and just leads to crap.
It’s not an attitude. I’m simply stating that a Pokémon attraction will be insanely popular no matter what. I really hope they make something great of it, and I’m sure they will.

That's an apples and oranges comparison though. A lot of people have no interest whatsoever in... what are they called again?... Pokemen?
Haha funny. I’m not a big Pokémon fan, so that really doesn’t bug me. But back to your point. A lot of people have no interest in Star Wars, or Mickey Mouse, or Disney Princesses. But, a lot of people do. Being within top 10 largest media franchises is nothing to sneeze at, and being the number 1 media franchise is REALLY nothing to sneeze at.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom