Pokemon land / New region discovered;)

Sped2424

Original Poster
Figured with rumors starting to swirl it's time it got it's own thread. So according to @Disneyhead'71 there are rumors of Barney closing early jan to possibly make way for a pokemon land of sorts at Universal studios (Link to that here). Overall the possibility has the inner nerd in my screaming, if anyone else has any updates to share on this possibility including rumors please post away!

Sped2424

Original Poster
Pst that's why the universal rumor and timeline tracker exists. All necessary info I know of will be there.
I get that but I see no harm in a place to specifically discuss pokemon land as a concept/possibility! And when/if construction happens I would imagine we would need a desginated thread anyways might as well create one like this now!

Sped2424

Original Poster
this is totally warenting of a new thread, it would be a huge thing if Universal did this. Not just with Americans but with a very valuable international market.
I imagine if we somehow got this land before Japan there would be a frenzy to visit it from international visitors given just how popular that franchise is over there. Heck how popular it is globally not just in Japan! I really think people forget that it's the highest grossing franchise of all time!

Sped2424

Original Poster
The perfect time to announce this would be the opening weekend of Detective Pikachu.
They still need to announce their 4th gate officially :") But who knows if january closing date for barney ends up going through Pokemon might come quicker than super nintendo world.

Sped2424

Original Poster
The only problem with that is that Pokemon isn't full of potential ride ideas like Mario. When Pokemon Snap is the best ride concept that they can think of, there's a problem.
I'd disagree with you there! Pokemon is FULL of ride concepts you literally have a million in Canon ride vehicles/concepts and ideas you could use for it. Detective Pikachu included! Plus a Pokemon snap ride is a great way to show off a number of different Pokemon in one setting and create an incentive for finding each one!!

TwilightZone

The only problem with that is that Pokemon isn't full of potential ride ideas like Mario. When Pokemon Snap is the best ride concept that they can think of, there's a problem.
Besides snap:
charizard or other popular flying pokemon ride
the theme park from gen 5
do your own pokemon adventure, ar goggles to make it seem like you have your own team!

JT3000

I think a Snap ride is all you really need. It's not the most creative concept but it's one that lends itself naturally to a ride, with the game's levels essentially being virtual dark rides to begin with, and there's already enough variety in the game's landscapes to include most types of Pokemon. I could see them doing some other neat things with the property, like a city which includes all the usual in-game locations with an emphasis on interactivity, maybe a safari zone or something, but as far as rides go, I'd rather see them get this one right than try to pack in as many different smaller rides as possible. The parks are lacking child-friendly dark rides on a larger scale.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Ok, so we all know Universal has a bad habit of replacing older attractions.

Pokemon Snap sounds like it would be a shooter type ride with practical effects of strange and interesting creatures.

It's rumored location is very near Men in Black. An older attraction that is
a shooter type ride with practical effects of strange and interesting creatures.

Is there any rumors that this might wind up as a replacement for MiB rather than in Kidzone as it would be an easy rethem and is next to the Fear Factor theater which could easily house a Pokemon show.

Or, if Pokemon does go into Kidzone as signs seem to point to, is MiB in danger with the similar seeming Snap ride nearby?

TwilightZone

Ok, so we all know Universal has a bad habit of replacing older attractions.

Pokemon Snap sounds like it would be a shooter type ride with practical effects of strange and interesting creatures.

It's rumored location is very near Men in Black. An older attraction that is
a shooter type ride with practical effects of strange and interesting creatures.

Is there any rumors that this might wind up as a replacement for MiB rather than in Kidzone as it would be an easy rethem and is next to the Fear Factor theater which could easily house a Pokemon show.

Or, if Pokemon does go into Kidzone as signs seem to point to, is MiB in danger with the similar seeming Snap ride nearby?
To start, I'm honestly unsure if kidzone is becoming pokemon land, here's why.
1. Mario Land is opening later, in the third theme park. It would be weird to open pokemon land earlier, especially since kidzone is closing so early (presumably spring next year).
2. Alicia Stella has heard nothing so far about a pokemon land, let alone in Kidzone. I trust her some since she has been spot on about the potter coaster so far.

But, assuming pokemon land does come to the area, yes those two attractions probably would be in more danger than they already are if the spots aren't being used by pokemon land.

Honestly, I'm a face value kind of girl, when rumors say kidzone, I think squarely in kidzone and no where outside it. So I think the theater show or ride will take up barney, some play areas or restaurants/shops where fievel is, and the ride where woody woodpecker is, assuming it doesn't take over barney.

Sorry about my rambles.

matt78

Besides snap:
charizard or other popular flying pokemon ride
the theme park from gen 5
do your own pokemon adventure, ar goggles to make it seem like you have your own team!

They could also do a haunted house based off of the old Chateau. For little kids they could do a simple merry go round with various Pokemon to sit on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom