Pokemon Go in Disney World

Why does it bother you so much that people enjoy a game?
But people walking around playing Pokemon go? No. That doesn't bother me.
It doesn't, according to him. He just wants to terrorize them with loud horns, says they're idiots, and can't wait for the demise of this horrible thing. But bother him? No, never.

Stitch_Fan_NJ

Please tell me that this is not the new "Selfie Stick" thing in the parks? I am hoping this new idiotic trend dies off quickly. Can anyone tell me if they are Pokemon hunting in the parks?
He claims that he just wanted to know if it was a fad in WDW but when you word your question like this you're asking to be flamed out and questioned on your motive behind making this thread.

G00fyDad

Original Poster
Because he had a negative experience of some people that took the game a little too far. Like with a lot of things people have one bad experience and make assumptions of the majority.

Wrong again. Contrary to what it may seem I have nothing against the app. It's the idiots using the app that are the problem. But that has been covered at length here. But to put it into perspective, I haven't had a good experience with it yet. All I have seen are the idiots I have nearly killed with my car, the idiots I have slammed into while walking, and the countless news stories about the idiots tresspassing or blocking traffic with the horde of mindless people trying to get that "rare" Pokemon. Here is just one more video of the insanity....

G00fyDad

Original Poster
He claims that he just wanted to know if it was a fad in WDW but when you word your question like this you're asking to be flamed out and questioned on your motive behind making this thread.

Yeah. That's me. Just tryin to pick a fight. Ya caught me. :cry::cry:

Or it could be that you don't really know me and are making an assumption based on how you read my post? Yeah, I think it could be that one.

Stitch_Fan_NJ

Wrong again. Contrary to what it may seem I have nothing against the app. It's the idiots using the app that are the problem. But that has been covered at length here. But to put it into perspective, I haven't had a good experience with it yet. All I have seen are the idiots I have nearly killed with my car, the idiots I have slammed into while walking, and the countless news stories about the idiots tresspassing or blocking traffic with the horde of mindless people trying to get that "rare" Pokemon. Here is just one more video of the insanity....

Once again you post a video that is not really supporting your case. Listen I can agree with you that some people are disrespectful and not aware of their surroundings when playing but this thread has become you bashing the a small group of people and not the majority that play this game with respect and respect their surroundings

G00fyDad

Original Poster
Once again you post a video that is not really supporting your case. Listen I can agree with you that some people are disrespectful and not aware of their surroundings when playing but this thread has become you bashing the a small group of people and not the majority that play this game with respect and respect their surroundings

Okay. Let's see if we can get you straight on this. Originally I wanted to know if it had become a "thing" the way selfie sticks had at one point. In that there were people walking around not paying attention to others. Later I interjected my person opinion that Pokemon Go is rather silly and somewhat stupid. Apparently the Pokemon Go players got their undies in a bunch and brought out the pitchforks. If they (or you) don't like my opinion then go elsewhere. Simple.

mousehockey37

Please tell me that this is not the new "Selfie Stick" thing in the parks? I am hoping this new idiotic trend dies off quickly. Can anyone tell me if they are Pokemon hunting in the parks?

Haven't read all the replies but I'll put here just in case it wasn't said yet...

The pokemon go thing will be a fad in Disney until someone falls in the lagoon at Epcot, or any other body of water around the property and gets eaten by a Gator. Too soon? Don't think so...

Why would you pay all that money to go pokemon hunting? You're on vacation, so go on vacation.

I'm a sinister person and if I see people like this... well, let's just say I'd help them find that one in the lagoon at Epcot... :devilish::devilish::devilish:

G00fyDad

Original Poster
Well the way you word your posts is not really helping your case of being a understanding guy so that's on you

Why should I bother being understanding. I have already been accused of being upset (that one is particularly funny) and that my opinion is apparently far less valid than others. I have an opinion about this craziness and so does everyone else.

The pokemon go thing will be a fad in Disney until someone falls in the lagoon at Epcot, or any other body of water around the property and gets eaten by a Gator. Too soon? Don't think so...
Even if that unlikely scenario were to happen, I doubt that would cease all use of Pokemon Go. Disney can't tell you what apps you can have on your phone, and they're definitely not gonna ban phones, especially because of MDE. So people would obviously keep playing it.

mousehockey37

Okay. Let's see if we can get you straight on this. Originally I wanted to know if it had become a "thing" the way selfie sticks had at one point. In that there were people walking around not paying attention to others. Later I interjected my person opinion that Pokemon Go is rather silly and somewhat stupid. Apparently the Pokemon Go players got their undies in a bunch and brought out the pitchforks. If they (or you) don't like my opinion then go elsewhere. Simple.

As I stated to friends at work when this came out... it's Geo-Caching. However, instead of the geo rules of take a small item, leave a small item (or sign a log of people who found the cache site), this game uses pokemon and you have to constantly stare at your phone.

I'd like to know if there's actual REAL geo-caching in the parks, not this pokemon thing.

G00fyDad

Original Poster
As I stated to friends at work when this came out... it's Geo-Caching. However, instead of the geo rules of take a small item, leave a small item (or sign a log of people who found the cache site), this game uses pokemon and you have to constantly stare at your phone.

I'd like to know if there's actual REAL geo-caching in the parks, not this pokemon thing.

I heard at one point there was. I have a friend that does that but she has never said anything about doing it at Disney World.

Stitch_Fan_NJ

Why should I bother being understanding. I have already been accused of being upset (that one is particularly funny) and that my opinion is apparently far less valid than others. I have an opinion about this craziness and so does everyone else.
Not my fault it came across in the beginning as a vendetta you had... But fair enough you have your opinion and I have mine.

Well, first off, I think geocaches would be either found by CMs and thrown away, or taken by inconsiderate guests. Also, you don't have to stare at your phone all day for Pokemon Go. It notifies you if there are any Pokemon nearby, so there's no need. Plus, Pokemon Go is free, and has way more features.

mousehockey37

Well, first off, I think geocaches would be either found by CMs and thrown away, or taken by inconsiderate guests. Also, you don't have to stare at your phone all day for Pokemon Go. It notifies you if there are any Pokemon nearby, so there's no need. Plus, Pokemon Go is free, and has way more features.

Free is a relative term, when you wind up being one of the morons that falls into a lagoon, lake, walks into a wall, hits other people, etc...

Your sales pitches are weak for Pokemon... If you want to play, stay out of the way of guests who want to enjoy their vacations without the technology constantly in their hands.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom