POFQ sadly over

John park hopper

Original Poster
Well our WDW trip ended on Mothers day. This was the granddaughters (age 4 and 6) first trip and they had a ball. They really surprised me and went on every roller coaster; the 4 year when I asked her how was it she said "I not scared". They did the whole princes thing got autographs from all their favorite characters. First time we stayed at POFQ and it was great- the girls loved the pool area. I was surprised the food prices in the resort were not outrageous. We're all ready talking of returning to POFQ and actually spending time at the resort. Got to say I was glade I was able to get FP for Flights of Passage" unbelievable. Convinced my son and daughter in law they had to do it. Late Friday night we watched the girls and they did stand by-- 80 minutes not bad considering most wait times averaged 3 hours. Travis and Shannon agreed that was the best. Tried to add 2 extra days to our stay but unfortunately POFQ was booked solid next visit will be longer than 7 days (just not enough time) will try to post pictures when we get home. Unfortunately I'm taking a soar throat and head cold home

mf1972

my wife wasn’t impressed with POFQ when we first tried it 6-7 years ago. i convinced her to go back & now we’ve stayed there 2 years in a row, & returning this october. it grew on her.
we both like it for its size & close proximity to everything. i wish they had a larger gift shop, but i’ll take it for what it is.

KellBelle

Sorry you returned not feeling well! We have our first stay there in December. I am really looking forward to it, as rarely do I read bad comments about it.

John park hopper

Original Poster
You will love POFQ. We stayed many years ago when it was all called Dixie landing and then they divided it into POR and POFQ you will love POFQ. There ia only one bus station outside the check in and the busses picked up and went directly to the parks. most drop offs were close to park entrance. Food prices as I said were reasonable, my weakness was the Mickey beignets 3 for $4.99. My only complaint and not with Disney it was much hotter this trip than in 2017 same time. You won't have the heat in Dec.

mf1972

the room refurb was a nice addition. having the extra charging stations was a bonus. the mattresses felt more comfortable, & i can’t complain about the flatscreen tv mounted on the wall.

eliza61nyc

Hope you are on the mend @John park hopper , sounds like your family had a great time. Outside of the popular rides how were the crowds?
I've never stayed at Port Orleans but many on my job have and they love it.

John park hopper

Original Poster
Hope you are on the mend @John park hopper , sounds like your family had a great time. Outside of the popular rides how were the crowds?
I've never stayed at Port Orleans but many on my job have and they love it.
The crowds were not that bad during the week I'd say light to moderate, with fast pass and early morning start we got to do all attractions we wanted. Wait times for stand by 30-45 minutes. Saturday the crowds picked up and temps were in the low 90's. Saturday my son and family got to MK early for early princes makeover so he it the rides while the girls got made over walked right on most. Years ago (boys are now in their 30's where has the time gone) when my sons were little we stayed when it was Dixie Landing and then Disney split it into POFQ and POR. I was very impressed with POFQ I prefer smaller resorts and this was perfect. I don't know what your tastes are in resorts if you prefer smaller I think you would like it

nickys

Premium Member
You will love POFQ. We stayed many years ago when it was all called Dixie landing and then they divided it into POR and POFQ you will love POFQ. There ia only one bus station outside the check in and the busses picked up and went directly to the parks. most drop offs were close to park entrance. Food prices as I said were reasonable, my weakness was the Mickey beignets 3 for $4.99. My only complaint and not with Disney it was much hotter this trip than in 2017 same time. You won't have the heat in Dec.

POFQ was the original resort known simply as Port Orleans. Dixie Landings opened a year or so later, and is what is now POR, with the Bayou section first and then the Magnolia Bend section added.

About a decade later they decided to unite both resorts as Port Orleans, with the tags Riverside and French Quarter added.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom