POFQ riverview vs standard

Yellow Shoes

We love staying at POFQ. The resort layout is such that theres no real extended walking distances from even the further buildings. If you drive, where you park may be a bit of a walk to your bldg. Ive stayed in a riverview room before and had no noise problem from the boats on the river. I had more noise issues when I was situated in a room nearer the pool. How much are you going to be enjoying the view that its worth the extra money??? Save your money for something extra. When we book Im looking for a closer bldg to the food court and bus stop for the convenience, usually trying for bldg 4..

IMHO, the upcharges for a "view" are ridiculous for my Disney style. The difference at some resorts is $50 +. There is nothing I want to see that is worth that. As groovy as it might seem to watch fireworks from your balcony, you probably won't do that more that one night at most. As for a water view, I truly would prefer not to see tourists in swim suits, most of whom do NOT look like the Disney promotional videos (and I'm one of them, so keep your hate to yourself)
Full disclosure: I am a park commando--I sleep and shower in my room.

We ended up paying extra for "water view" at POR--only thing available. Our view was of a swimming pool that was drained and under repair. Pretty much not worth it.....

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Original Poster
Well all- the update is that I have decided to go with cost rather than view but the standard rooms are no longer showing up. I’ve got many months to keep checking so next time I see one I’ll make the switch. If I never see another standard available that’s fine too. I guess that’s a good position to be in.

Thanks again for the input everyone.

YankeeMouse

The River view is quiet and quaint and very relaxing. The horse-drawn carriages come down this route and it's really peaceful. We were amazed the first time we stayed in a RV room at the difference. If you're only paying $8 more, it's a no-brainer. STAY!

Club Cooloholic

Well all- the update is that I have decided to go with cost rather than view but the standard rooms are no longer showing up. I’ve got many months to keep checking so next time I see one I’ll make the switch. If I never see another standard available that’s fine too. I guess that’s a good position to be in.

Thanks again for the input everyone.
If the difference is that low and the other room is gone don't waste any energy just relax

JohnD

Upgrade to Garden View, get a corner room with windows on two sides, then request 4 or 6. You'll have a nice view of the courtyard with additional outside light to "open up the room" and you won't be very far from the bus stop or the lobby.

DougK

I never understood why view is important at a motel-style resort with outside hallways. It would be different if the rooms had inside halls and therefore they had balconies for you to sit out on, then view is a big factor. But for a room at Port Orleans the first thing you see when looking out the window is the outside hallway. Unless someone is planning on standing at their window in the room for any length of time the view seems like a pretty minor thing to me. However if it's important to you go for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom