POFQ OR Caribbean Beach

mickey2008.1

We have stayed both, and prefer CBR. It has better theming overall. While there may be less walking, does it really matter when you walk all day anyway. POFQ has no food court, you have to go to POR. Plus, unless they got new beds in the past two year, they are the smallest of of all properties.

Upvote 0

PeoplemoverTTA

I've stayed at CBR twice and POFQ twice, but my next trip in August is POFQ, and I think, barring a DVC membership, this is now our "Home" resort. CBR was nice, but having to take the bus just to grab a snack was annnoying, and the bus situation at CBR is crazy (park closing buses are jam-packed, like anywhere else, but you can't tell what "island" stop you're at, and it's total chaos).

POFQ is an easy walk, as folks mentioned. I personally prefer the theming (I LOVE it), and I am a huge fan of the pool area (I'm 30 years old, no kids, and I get on that slide every trip...I do not care who's looking :lol:).

There is definitely a food court area at POFQ - yummy beignets, among other snacks (on par, or slightly higher than, other counter service areas at the mods or values).

Both PO resorts offer a relaxing boat ride to DTD, which is a nice, relaxing perk as well. Rooms are comfy, and recently upgraded, with new TVs and queen beds (I believe CBR's rooms are slightly larger, but I'm not sure. It's a negligible difference for my family, if any, though).

All the mods are great commutes to the parks (roughly middle of property so pretty much every bus is 20 minutes or less...and I do mean roughly, but in my experience, Epcot and MGM are about 10 minutes, MK 15, Epcot 10-15 and AK 15-20ish, even during peak season), so that's a wash. It all comes down to preference.

And I prefer POFQ...130 days until we go back :sohappy:

Upvote 0

SiriusBlack

Less walking is more important when you have to walk all day, especially with kids. Pofq is my family's favorite moderate resort, but if I was going right now I think I'd choose cbr just cause the theme is so well done.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

I haven't stayed at CBR, so I can't say there's anything wrong with it, but I love POFQ. When I was unsure of moderates, POFQ was the favorite in the reviews I read & the polls I looked at. After staying there, I can understand why. It's just beautiful, with lots to do. I like it as much as the deluxe's I've stayed at. :)

Upvote 0

SFMarine

It seems that POFQ is winning so far. I'm staying @ CBR next month. We shall see how it goes. The reviews were not the greatest but I doubt I'll be spending much time in the room. I plan on visiting many of the resorts to get a better idea for where I will stay next time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that CBR will be a pleasant experience.

Upvote 0

WDW 3

No matter how much you walk during the day.... the walk from the bus to your room can be really long. The short walk at FQ was really appreciated:)

Upvote 0

skellington216

POFQ for sure. CBR is nice and I highly suggest stopping by and taking a look, but I would not stay there again. Everything is too far away and the bus situation is just nuts. POFQ does have a quick service restaurant with some french specialties (beignets) and a nice little bar that often has live music at night. I personally LOVE the themeing at this resort becuase I feel like I'm staying in a large version of New Orleans Square from Disneyland. It's my favorite resort next to the Polynesian (can't beat Dole Whips, Ohana and Monorail access).

Upvote 0

Jedi Wizard

Have stayed at both and my answer is POFQ, without a doubt. Both have beautiful grounds and great themed pools but FQ is much more intimate. Everything is close. At CBR, you could be extremely far away. Also, at FQ there is only one bus stop. At CBR it can take 20 mins just to get out of the resort on a bus.

Upvote 0

bb&h

POFQ has no food court, you have to go to POR. Plus, unless they got new beds in the past two year, they are the smallest of of all properties.

???! Yes they have a food court. You may be thinking of a sit down restaurant. It was closed when POR and POFQ became one resort. Also, the resort is just putting the finishing touches on a total room refurb, so the beds are new.

I've stayed at CBR a couple of times, it's ok, I like the setup of POFQ much better and look forward to staying there at the end of the month.

Upvote 0

obrienIII

POFQ gets my vote, after staying for a week at each of those resorts last year. I agree with an earlier post, French Quarter is by far my favorite Moderate, and is one of my favorites on property after the Poly.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom