POFQ magic bands!!

agorna

Original Poster
so excited! I've been logging onto the Disney website daily for over two months now hoping (kinda pointlessly since POFQ wasn't on the list for testing resorts) that we would get selected for magic bands and fast pass plus... and today I got an awesome surprise when it actually let me order my magic bands and pick out fastpasses! 29 days till we check in and I'm thrilled at the idea that I don't have to race a crowd of people to get a fastpass for toy story mania!

question to those who have already received your bands... how long before your trip did they arrive to your house?

jkl2000

Congrats! I had the same experience as you today, and yeah, it's been sinking in that we won't have to dash all over the place. In fact, we can enter the parks at a normal pace, get coffee, wake up a bit, maybe even see a show before our first FP+ attraction. Pretty cool!

Zipadeelady

@agorna Our trip is still 3 months away but I've been wondering...where on the site did it allow you to order your bands and make fast pass+. I look quite often (although were still 3 months out :D) on where it says magic bands and cards under the My Disney Experience. Am I looking in the right spot? Thanks!!!!

lego606

MagicBandit
@agorna Our trip is still 3 months away but I've been wondering...where on the site did it allow you to order your bands and make fast pass+. I look quite often (although were still 3 months out :D) on where it says magic bands and cards under the My Disney Experience. Am I looking in the right spot? Thanks!!!!

When is your trip? You might be past the testing timeline or some such thing

Zipadeelady

When is your trip? You might be past the testing timeline or some such thing
I'm going in December and were staying at POR. I know they are offered there I'm just wondering where to find them on My Disney Experience. Will it automatically show up under my accounts where it says Magic Card and Bands?

jkl2000

It seems like at some point (for me it was about 40 days out) a MB order (with order #) just appears in that section. Some received an email, some not. I didn't so I'm glad I happened to check. You need to verify the delivery address by a certain date or they won't ship them - you'd then have to get them at your resort. You also need to customize them by a certain date or they choose for you. It gave me only six days!

lego606

MagicBandit
I'm going in December and were staying at POR. I know they are offered there I'm just wondering where to find them on My Disney Experience. Will it automatically show up under my accounts where it says Magic Card and Bands?

You might be beyond the current testing period? It seems most people were staying in October/November

agorna

Original Poster
quite honestly by December magic bands and fastpass plus might be fully rolled out, I know they were trying to have it available to everyone by the end of the year...

however on both the my Disney experience app and the Disney website, an option to customize magic bands popped up on the regular menu that offers online check in, dinning etc on the right side of the screen (of the website)..

I tried to take a screenshot of it but since my bands are already being processed the option is gone...

I did get an email today (a day after I was allowed to order the bands) inviting me to participate in the test so keep an eye out for that

Nichthenuke

Don't fret! I was at 22 days out from my check-in before getting the email invite to participate in the test. And I'm staying at POFQ, which wasn't included in the official release of added resorts to the test. I bet you will get included closer to your trip.

darthspielberg

If you are going in December, they will probably announce it after the October round of tests, I'd guess.

To me it seems like they will continue rolling out the tests and be ready for the Christmas/New Years rush for full roll out OR do it in the new year.

dancingelkhound

I ordered my MagicBands yesterday and finished my Fastpass selections tonight!

So excited, I've been checking every few days, finally saw the news on portorleans.org, so I logged into MDE, clicked the Fastpass + link at the bottom of the page (under the My Disney Experience heading) and it came up with my dates, allowing me to select fastpass options. I haven't had any email or letter inviting me to participate.

I'm from the UK, so my Magic Bands will be waiting for me when I arrive, but I did get the option to customise them :D

According to portorleans.org it's just stays through to October 31st at the moment.

agorna

Original Poster
I haven't had any email or letter inviting me to participate.

I'm from the UK, so my Magic Bands will be waiting for me when I arrive, but I did get the option to customise them :D.

I received an email invitation to participate in the test the day after i ordered my bands

agorna

Original Poster
image.jpg

our bands came in today.. ordered them on Friday night (11pm)... recorded them 9:30 am Tuesday (today)

super fast!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom