POFQ for the 1st time!

krankenstein

I am booked October 15-18 at POFQ. After all the wonderful things I have heard about the resort on the board I decided to make POFQ my first moderate experience. I'm just wondering what to expect. How different is the moderate level (POFQ in particular) than the value level (where I traditionally stay)?

disneytopdog

Expect a very quiet relaxing place to unwind after the madness of the parks. The food court gets crazy at all the "Rush " times. The Lounge and bar has live music Wed- Sat his name is Elliot Dyson. They have a hot tub for soaking your tired feet.

If you take a early morning walk to Riverside for breakfast there are bunnies ihopping across the walking path

Upvote 0

WickedQueen22

We loved POFQ! So much so our Grand Gathering will be there Oct '09.

Take the time to enjoy the water shuttle to DTD. It is relaxing and a great alternative to the buses. The resort is small and doesn't waste your time getting to the bus stops or food court. The seating in the food court can be very scarce at peak times. We loved how quiet it was after a long day at the parks. Also the live entertainment could be heard from the hot tub one evening, it was quite nice.

Enjoy!

Upvote 0

GoofyDan

We're also making our first visit to POFQ (and our first visit to WDW) -- now in only 26 days!

I still have yet to read a single negative word about the resort and we can hardly wait to get there and check it out. Hopefully we won't be disappointed.

Upvote 0

coltow

I check in on Tuesday. It's our 1st time there too. We wanted a moderate. We had done CSR before and knew how big it was. We had heard about CB and POR being big as well. We picked FQ because it was the smallest. We figured then it wouldn't matter where our rooms were located. It seems to be that even if you're not right at the lobby it's only a few minute walk away. PLUS, we will be travelling with kids and will be using the pool alot. DS love that there will be a dragon slide at the pool. We also like that it's the 1st bus stop when it shares with POR, so that's was a big plus for us.

Upvote 0
POFQ is a lovely resort. The food court had several good choices and your kids will love the pool! The main difference I see is that the pools at the moderates are superior to the value pools; they all have excellent slides. One of my favorite things about this resort is that the room and landscape themes are appealing to adults--they feel very luxurious and elegant. However, the kids are not left out because the pool area is so fantastic for them. Have a great trip!:animwink:

Upvote 0

IMPoppins

I check in on Tuesday. It's our 1st time there too. We wanted a moderate. We had done CSR before and knew how big it was. We had heard about CB and POR being big as well. We picked FQ because it was the smallest. We figured then it wouldn't matter where our rooms were located. It seems to be that even if you're not right at the lobby it's only a few minute walk away. PLUS, we will be travelling with kids and will be using the pool alot. DS love that there will be a dragon slide at the pool. We also like that it's the 1st bus stop when it shares with POR, so that's was a big plus for us.

We check in, to POFQ, on Thursday:sohappy: We have stayed there several times before and really appreciate the size of the resort. We have a 6 and 4 year old so the pool is a huge factor - they love the slide! Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

coltow

We check in, to POFQ, on Thursday:sohappy: We have stayed there several times before and really appreciate the size of the resort. We have a 6 and 4 year old so the pool is a huge factor - they love the slide! Have a great trip!
Maybe we'll see you at the pool. My boys are 4 & 17mo. The older one will have Scooby-Do swimmies on.

Upvote 0

Figment25

POFQ is my fav...even over the Poly, it is quiet, relaxing and secluded. Love the food court, the pool, the live entertainment. When we stay there, we are always placed in the furtherest building from the lobby, yet the walk is not far at all to the food court or the bus stop...I think you will thouroughly enjoy your visit...makes me wish I was staying there in October rather that beach club villas

Upvote 0

figmentmom

The atmosphere at POFQ is far different than any of the value resorts - the pace is more relaxing, the theming is better (and not as LOUD! :lol:), there are more recreation options (bike and boat rentals), and you'll feel further away from the hustle and bustle of reality. As has already been mentioned, take the boat ride to DTD - even more fun in the early evening.

Have a great trip! :wave:

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

My mom and I will also be staying at POFQ for the first time in november. I am very excited for this resort. Last year we stayed at POR and it is my favorite resort so far, but the size was very overwhelming and our room was quite far. Looking at the map of FQ, it seems like everything is short distance. So far I have hear nothing but great things about FQ and I am looking forward to staying there...only 91 days!!! :D

Upvote 0
POFQ is a great place to take a walk and enjoy wonderfully themed landscaping through the courtyards and the Ssagoula River. You can take the boats not only to DTD but over to riverside as well. Riversides pools are available to POFQ guests, though Scales the Dragon might get jealous. The boats are slower than the busses, but more relaxing. The Riverside Plantation Mansions rooms look great as you float by them. To me the resort is much quieter than the value resorts I’ve stayed at, and you'll love the sound of hoof steps from the carriage rides after returning from the parks. Have a great trip.

Upvote 0

Dayma

We always stay at Port Orleans. The one thing we do it get to dinner and breakfast about 30 mins before normal times to avoid the crowds. I know that's problably common sense stuff though :)

Upvote 0

krankenstein

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! You all have made me feel like I made the right decision by stepping up to POFQ. October can't get here soon enough! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom