Pleasure Island falling apart?

Merlin

Account Suspended
Original Poster
What's happened to Pleasure Island?!! On my most recent visit, it seemed pretty run down. One of the main rooms in Adventurers' Club was closed due to water damage. I went into the club that used to be the Western Themed club to use the restroom and one of the toilets had flooded the entire floor. The show in Comedy Warehouse was tired and worn out. Are they ever going to fix it up? Expand? Add any new clubs? How about a Magic club?

njchris65

Originally posted by Merlin
On my most recent visit................I went to use the restroom and one of the toilets had flooded the entire floor.

Hmmm....

(looks with suspicious eye at Merlin....)

bearboysnc

Thats a shame. The Adventurer's Club was my favorite place at WDW. The last time I went. It was looking pretty ratty. I think Mr Merriweather would be ashamed of whats happened to his Property.

They did just give Maniquins an overhaul. I haven't seen it. But it was closed for over a month.

Do they still do the street party at midnight?

Nut4Disney

I was just there in Jan. and I went to the Adventurers Club 3 nites. I didn't go to any other clubs, because I don't think the others are worth going to. I did talk to a CM who told me that they have stopped doing the midnight confetti fireworks thing, and this didn't take place the nites I was there either. They really do need to do some kind of revamping, as Universal City Walk has come onto the scene to provide the same sort of entertainment.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Nut4Disney
They really do need to do some kind of revamping, as Universal City Walk has come onto the scene to provide the same sort of entertainment.

I personally think that Pleasure Island is way better than CityWalk, in terms of diversity. Maybe Disney doesn't feel that threatened by it...

And Merlin, was Comedy Warehouse really that bad? I've watched two shows in the same night, and both were different and hilarious! :p

Smitty

I've seen at least twenty shows at the Comedy Warehouse and each was different and almost all were very funny. Since the whole show is based on improv, I don't see how it can get tired. If you are in with a crappy audience then the show isn't as funny as it could be. Just my thoughts.

DonickCo

I herd that Pleasure Island is falling finically. People don’t want to pay the cover charge when they can go down to church street station or city walk….but Pleasure island still has the Disney crowd tho.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by DonickCo
I herd that Pleasure Island is falling finically. People don?t want to pay the cover charge when they can go down to church street station or city walk?.but Pleasure island still has the Disney crowd tho.

Whoa, hold it! Didn't Church Street went bankrupt? :confused:

Last I heard, everything was up for auction.

Nut4Disney

Church Street is a ghost town. I do think that the price of admission to PI is ridiculous. I think in Jan. it was $24 dollars or something like that. That is a joke, you don't even get a free drink or anything with it, that just gets you in the door. It was like $15 only 3 yrs ago.

ToTBellHop

are there any planes flying over disney property on a daily basis telling guests to go there? If not...I'd assume they are closed...now that I think of it, I didn't see any in February...

TURKEY

Pretty much all of Church Street is gone right now. Some new folks bought in back in 2001 and started shutting stuff down. There was talk of changing some businesses and reopening some things, but I don't know about that know.

9-Eye

Hmmmm

Although nightly admission rates may seem steep, I must say that I have been very happy with PI's Annual Pass option (also combined as part of the top WDW annual pass). The rate is fair, and I have renewed it for years. I have seen The Temptations, The Goo Goo Dolls, Little Richard, Boy George, Brian Adams, Jessica Simpson, Enrique Iglesias, 98 Degrees, and NUMEROUS other musicians perform live at Pleasure Island. Attending the concerts provided within 1 year alone is worth the pass price. Not to mention that PI anuual passholders can bring in a guest for free on Fridays.

Just my opinions.

9-Eye

Note: I am not necessarily a fan of all the musicians listed above, but I enjoy live shows and wanted to illustrate the variety of entertainers that play at PI.

Camelot

Hmmmm....on my visit to WDW, my friends told me how great Pleasure Island was...especially the Adventurers Club....but we were too busy to ever make it there. I regretted that at the time, but it sounds like I didn't miss out on anything special, after all.

s25843

Originally posted by Nut4Disney
Church Street is a ghost town. I do think that the price of admission to PI is ridiculous. I think in Jan. it was $24 dollars or something like that. That is a joke, you don't even get a free drink or anything with it, that just gets you in the door. It was like $15 only 3 yrs ago.
if you buy a PI AP then the cost is actually pretty cheap, its somthing like $60 for the year

s25843

Originally posted by Camelot
Hmmmm....on my visit to WDW, my friends told me how great Pleasure Island was...especially the Adventurers Club....

We Loved it!!!!
Make Sure that you sit at the bar!!!!!:lol:

MKCustodial

Personally, I don't think PI is that expensive. You're paying 25 bucks to get into, what, 10 different clubs? Down here in Brazil you'd pay around 10 bucks to get into one club, and most of the time it's techno-electronic-crappy music all night long... :brick:
At least on PI you have the option of going to a different club if you're tired of what you've been listening, not to mention Adventurer's Club and Comedy Warehouse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom