Please keep my sister in your thoughts

Steamboat_Kevin

Original Poster
Hi everyone,
My sister, Kathleen (who has a major physical and mental disability, called ACC) is going to have hip surgery on March 10, and will be bed-ridden for a month. Kathleen is one of the most active girls you'll ever meet in her own way, she is always moving around and being stuck in a bed for a month will be terrible for her! I'm a little bit worried about her, even though I know it will all work out, I still feel bad.
If you could all keep Kathleen in your thoughts and prayers, it would be very much appreciated.
Thanks a lot :wave:
Kevin

tigsmom

You know we will Kev. I'm sure everything will go fine. How about gathering some of her favorite things together so they are ready for her when she gets back from the hospital?

The Mom

Premium Member
I'm thinking of you both, sweetie. Is she capable of doing needlework? I know it helped me pass the time while I was on bedrest, and I had something to show for it in the end. Does she play any card games? Coloring books? Anything to make the time pass is appreciated.

imagineer99

Just dance for her...I'm sure that'll help keep her mind off things;)

In all seriousness, my thoughts will be with your family and your sister. Give them all my best.

pinkrose

I'm keeping your sister in my thoughts and prayers. :wave:

That month would be a good time to catch up on movies. Dvd's help pass the time. Does she like word searches?

Erika

A month in bed, yikes- poor thing!!! She'll be in my prayers, Kev. I'm confidant you can help her through this. Take care. :wave:

WDWScottieBoy

Kevin, what about getting her some headphones and a CD player with some of her favorite music. That would help the time go by and I'm sure it would help relax her a little. The coloring books, some of her favorite things, anything that will keep her entertained will work. You're a great brother for doing that.

Best of luck with your sister's surgery, I'll be thinking of you and your family!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom