Please do not reply to SPAM

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Please do not reply to any threads that are advertising, or appear to be SPAM. Replying benefits the SPAMMER by pushing the thread higher up the page, and increasing its visibility.

If you spot any advertising/SPAM, please jsut hit the REPORT TO MODERATOR link by the post, and leave it at that.

Many thanks :)

CAPTAIN HOOK

Was that anything to do with the site being temporarily closed for maintainance earlier this afternoon ? I hadn't noticed any SPAM threads (or is this one - perhaps I shouldn't be replying :lol: )

WDWBro

I couldn't hear him either. Does SPAM constitute a thread that has been discussed before? Why can't you lock it?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
WDWBro said:
I couldn't hear him either. Does SPAM constitute a thread that has been discussed before? Why can't you lock it?

SPAM in this case is referring to things like:

"Click this link to win a free IPOD"

"Go here to get half price Nintendo"

It is basically posts that have no relevance to the subject of the forum.

Repeating previous threads is not SPAM, unless done constantly by the same individual.

Hope that answers your question. :)

Wilt Dasney

Can I post links explaining in detail why Jesus loves white people the best, as long as I don't ask you to buy anything? :lookaroun

(Yeah, I'm approaching that line. I can feeeeel it.)

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Connor002 said:
who would do that on a message board?:brick:

can't you suspend their account for doing that?

Yes the accounts would be suspended and the threads removed.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
wdwmagic said:
Please do not reply to any threads that are advertising, or appear to be SPAM. Replying benefits the SPAMMER by pushing the thread higher up the page, and increasing its visibility.

If you spot any advertising/SPAM, please jsut hit the REPORT TO MODERATOR link by the post, and leave it at that.

ok... reply now?

what? :veryconfu :lookaroun

:p ;)

CoffeeJedi

Connor002 said:
who would do that on a message board?:brick:

can't you suspend their account for doing that?
it happened recently as i recall, the threads were there for almost a day before getting pulled

i'd like to pull in a phrase from another web community that i belong too. when someone comes up with a theory or rumor or observation that's been made before, or is just mirroring the general consesus at the time, you say its "trout"

its not an insult, or meant to disparage, just to say "hey dude, it's been brought up, thanks though" an explanation is here:
http://www.smirkbox.com/trout.html
you can even add a little pic of a smiley getting hit by a fish for emphasis, the rule though, is that you have to provide the poster a link for where the information's been posted before

that way we can keep spam relegated to spam, and not accuse anyone of spamming when they're just posting

SpongeScott

This seems like a good time to bump this thread.

When problematic threads are started, please do not reply to them with your comments. Everytime you reply, you push the thread to the top of the heap and it stays in the forefront like the OP wants. Simply report the thread and a moderator will take care of it, sometimes faster than you think.

SpongeScott

wdwmagic said:

shoulda quoted the boss because he's the one who originally asked.

wdwishes2005

Told all the thick people that kept bumping it to stop. Even if a mod is not on the members can push the thread off the front page at least..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom