Planning the Disney trip I've most looked forward to in over a decade

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
So...I go a lot. Living as close as I do, I hit the parks regularly.....in fact, I've got about 6 trips before I get to this one. The DW recently talked some sense into me (talked me out of Deadwood or San Antonio Riverwalk - where I was thinking of - Wildhorse Pass and Rawhide was also an option - but we've done that before), and I'm actually excited. More excited about this one than I think I am about the others.

I usually go for 3-5 nights, and steer clear of June through mid-August.

For this one I'm booking mid-July. For 7 nights. And- I'm not going to a single park (caveat, briefly to WS). We're just going to immerse ourselves in the Disney "bubble" for a split stay (actually 3 properties).

Here's where I'm at right now:

Day 1 (Sun) - Poly. Check In. Hit the pool. Dinner at Kona. A Lapu Lapu or three then watch the MK Fireworks by the beach.

Day 2 (Mon) - Poly. Ohana breakfast. More pool time. Late afternoon monorail resort hop. Some shopping, Citrico's, and dinner either at Narcoossee's or California Grill (catching more fireworks).

Day 3 (Tues) - Check Out of Poly. Check into Yacht Club around noon-ish. More pool time. A bite (and a drink or three) at Hurricane Hanna's. Freshen up and a pontoon boat to catch (and say goodbye) Illuminations. Late Night bite at ESPN club or the pizza window.

Day 4 (Wed) - Yacht Club. Breakfast Cape May. Over to WS for a quick Macallan (or three) at Rose and Crown and possibly over to France. Resort hoping around Boardwalk. Early dinner at Yachtsman or Shula's. Movie on the lawn at BW and a night cap (or three) at Abracadabra. Catching the double whammy of EPCOT and DHS fireworks.

Day 5 (Thur)- Check out Yacht Club - Check into POR. Pool time 'Ol Man Island. Boat to DS. Shopping. Dinner and drinks (or three) at Edison, Raglan, or Art Smith's.

Day 6 (Fri) - POR. Breakfast Sassagoula. A little time at 'Ol Man Island. Drive to FW in the afternoon. Petting Zoo, early show Hoop Dee Doo. Back to POR for a night cap (or three) with Yehaa.

Day 7 (Sat) - POR. Morning beignets at POFQ. Drive to AKL. Animal watch for a bit. Lunch Sanaa. Drive back to POR. Carriage ride and dinner at Boatwrights. Movie.

Day 8 (Sun) - Sassagoula breakfast - Check Out. Drive to DS. More shopping, more drinks (or three), late afternoon/early evening meal at TRex or Raglan. Drive home.

Anything else any of you would recommend to squeeze in?

Herdman

The Starlight Safari at AKL is amazing, but it sounds like you won't be there in the evening. Something to consider if you think about changing plans

Upvote 0

Stitch826

So...I go a lot. Living as close as I do, I hit the parks regularly.....in fact, I've got about 6 trips before I get to this one. The DW recently talked some sense into me (talked me out of Deadwood or San Antonio Riverwalk - where I was thinking of - Wildhorse Pass and Rawhide was also an option - but we've done that before), and I'm actually excited. More excited about this one than I think I am about the others.

I usually go for 3-5 nights, and steer clear of June through mid-August.

For this one I'm booking mid-July. For 7 nights. And- I'm not going to a single park (caveat, briefly to WS). We're just going to immerse ourselves in the Disney "bubble" for a split stay (actually 3 properties).

Here's where I'm at right now:

Day 1 (Sun) - Poly. Check In. Hit the pool. Dinner at Kona. A Lapu Lapu or three then watch the MK Fireworks by the beach.

Day 2 (Mon) - Poly. Ohana breakfast. More pool time. Late afternoon monorail resort hop. Some shopping, Citrico's, and dinner either at Narcoossee's or California Grill (catching more fireworks).

Day 3 (Tues) - Check Out of Poly. Check into Yacht Club around noon-ish. More pool time. A bite (and a drink or three) at Hurricane Hanna's. Freshen up and a pontoon boat to catch (and say goodbye) Illuminations. Late Night bite at ESPN club or the pizza window.

Day 4 (Wed) - Yacht Club. Breakfast Cape May. Over to WS for a quick Macallan (or three) at Rose and Crown and possibly over to France. Resort hoping around Boardwalk. Early dinner at Yachtsman or Shula's. Movie on the lawn at BW and a night cap (or three) at Abracadabra. Catching the double whammy of EPCOT and DHS fireworks.

Day 5 (Thur)- Check out Yacht Club - Check into POR. Pool time 'Ol Man Island. Boat to DS. Shopping. Dinner and drinks (or three) at Edison, Raglan, or Art Smith's.

Day 6 (Fri) - POR. Breakfast Sassagoula. A little time at 'Ol Man Island. Drive to FW in the afternoon. Petting Zoo, early show Hoop Dee Doo. Back to POR for a night cap (or three) with Yehaa.

Day 7 (Sat) - POR. Morning beignets at POFQ. Drive to AKL. Animal watch for a bit. Lunch Sanaa. Drive back to POR. Carriage ride and dinner at Boatwrights. Movie.

Day 8 (Sun) - Sassagoula breakfast - Check Out. Drive to DS. More shopping, more drinks (or three), late afternoon/early evening meal at TRex or Raglan. Drive home.

Anything else any of you would recommend to squeeze in?

Sounds great. One day I would like to take a trip to Disney and focus more on the shops/pools/World Showcase in Epcot, etc., rather than rushing around to and waiting in line for the big-name rides. Walk up Main Street in the MK and visit the shops, look for Hidden Mickeys, etc. Your trip certainly sounds relaxing.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom