Planning Park Days

Rose21.rl0881

I just booked a trip to WDW 1/7/18 (Sunday) through 1/11/18 (Thursday) for my group of five (3 adults, a 19 y/o and a 17 y/o). We will be staying offsite and have 4 day park hopper passes. I am thinking we will end up spending a day and a half at MK, a full day at EP and AK, and a half day at HS. I have a few questions if anyone would be able to kindly read and answer them.

I saw that the last day of the marathon weekend is that Sunday (our first day at the parks) so I was wondering if the parks would be crowded that day and possibly Monday and Tuesday as well?

Also, because we are offsite I believe we won't be able to stay at the parks for the extra hours. With this, will it be best for us to avoid the park that has the extra hours that day? Or will the extra hours have little effect on lines and crowding during regular hours?

With this info, does anyone have any recommendations on what days (Sunday-wednesday) we should plan to visit each park?

Lastly, I am aware that we can get FP's 30 days prior to the day we will be going to the park we are getting FP's for. I have yet to actually buy park tickets as I just finished booking flights and resort today, but am I assuming that when I create an account and buy those tickets, I will use that account 30 days prior to get the FP's? Or am I wrong here?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated, thank you!

krause

I just booked a trip to WDW 1/7/18 (Sunday) through 1/11/18 (Thursday) for my group of five (3 adults, a 19 y/o and a 17 y/o). We will be staying offsite and have 4 day park hopper passes. I am thinking we will end up spending a day and a half at MK, a full day at EP and AK, and a half day at HS. I have a few questions if anyone would be able to kindly read and answer them.

I saw that the last day of the marathon weekend is that Sunday (our first day at the parks) so I was wondering if the parks would be crowded that day and possibly Monday and Tuesday as well?

Also, because we are offsite I believe we won't be able to stay at the parks for the extra hours. With this, will it be best for us to avoid the park that has the extra hours that day? Or will the extra hours have little effect on lines and crowding during regular hours?

With this info, does anyone have any recommendations on what days (Sunday-wednesday) we should plan to visit each park?

Lastly, I am aware that we can get FP's 30 days prior to the day we will be going to the park we are getting FP's for. I have yet to actually buy park tickets as I just finished booking flights and resort today, but am I assuming that when I create an account and buy those tickets, I will use that account 30 days prior to get the FP's? Or am I wrong here?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated, thank you!

You can check the undercover tourist website for predicted park crowds for all your days! It is typically recommended that if you're staying offsite to avoid parks with EMH especially morning extra hours. In the evening you won't be "kicked out" of the park if there is extra hours but you won't be able to get on any of the rides (so you could still shop or explore or whatever).

Yes you will create a Disney account and link your tickets to that. The My Disney Experience app is quite user friendly for setting that up and booking your dining reservations and fastpasses.

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

When we've stayed offsite, we've tried to avoid the parks with the EM hours simply because not everyone who stays onsite has park hoppers and tend to stay in that park for the day, therefore, IMO, tend to be more crowded (excluding HS).

When we've run the marathon, we always opted to stay just before the race (like come in on a Wed or Thurs night), pick up our race packet, run the 1/2 marathon, and then stay for another 7 days. We found the parks very busy leading into the marathon and then it starting to clear out after the race weekend is done.

Last year, we too, were new to this new fast pass thing (we took a break from WDW and did DLR and started cruising DCL). As soon as you have your tickets, you can input the ticket number into your MDE and at 30 days start reserving your FP. We always buy our tickets from my DH employer via ticketsatwork.com since it's a quite a bit less than through Disney. We had no problem linking our tickets and were able to walk right up to the gates and use our MB without having to stop and do anything at Guest Services. Very easy and convenient!

Upvote 0

carriebeth

I would definately avoid extra magic hours at magic kingdom. The other parks don't seem to be effected by extra magic hours quite as much. avoiding them on those days might help a little but I wouldn't be too worried about it

Upvote 0

carriebeth

Why? I'm not sure I understand the logic.

They are off property and cant take advantage of the actual extra magic hours. So the question was should they avoid the parks on extra magic days because they would be busier and you don't get the payoff of having extra hours to use themselves.

During the regular park hours I find Magic Kingdom to be much more busier than the day before and after when there are no extra magic hours. Also when they have parties and close early they are much much less busy on those days vs the days they stay open later. I love extra magic hours at magic kingdom and find it a great time to actually be there. but if you cant use that extra time the payoff isn't there.

Upvote 0

youngdeb

Definitely check out Undercover Tourist for crowd level predictions. We also bought our tickets through them as it was cheaper than buying from Disney directly. They email you the code to enter into the your MyDisney Experience account within 24 hours and I had no issues. Will save you some $$ :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom