Planning our 2nd trip to TDR, this time for next Xmas

Greenkai3000

Original Poster
Would love some feedback for those of you who've been there for the first two weeks in December. What's the weather like both in Tokyo, and South/Western Japan in general. What are crowds like? If it snows and or rains heavily , will it affect attractions and or shows, or will the parks close at all?

Will the new construction on both DS and TDL be done by next December, or has it even started year?

Finally, are there any TR on line where I can watch videos from this year's celebrations, to get an idea of what snacks, special meals, and /or merchandise one can expect during the Holiday season.

Thank you all in advance.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
My trips in December have been freezing, but nothing that several layers and thermals can't resolve. This is my FAVORITE time of year at TDR, they simply do Christmas the best.

It has not snowed on me yet, although I wish it will someday as the parks look beautiful. I've been lucky when it comes to rain, I only had 1/2 day of downpours.

Look here for a starting point: http://tdrexplorer.com/tokyo-disneyland-tokyo-disneysea-christmas-2016-details/

I hope to make it back for Christmas in 2018!

malice

I recently returned from a trip to Japan 2 weeks ago. Visited the parks midweek and crowds were manageable; Fastpass for the more popular attractions were gone by midday. I purposely scheduled meals at odd times to avoid the queues.

The weather is cold, but as previously recommended, wear a heavy coat and thermals and you should be fine. The parades WILL get cancelled due to inclement weather (during my visit the wind chill factor cancelled Happiness Is Here, Electrical Parade Dreamlights, Sky High Wishes Fireworks, and Once Upon a Time performed without pyro).

The major projects at TDL will still be under construction as they are scheduled to open in 2020. TDS Nemo Ride should be operating by next December though.

A great online resource is tdrexplorer (not sure if I can link the site here, but do a web search and you'll find it). A lot of tips and reviews of the seasonal offerings posted there.

Sorry about the rambling post, but I hope the info helped.

BrerJon

Tokyo parks are lovely in winter. I've been in TDL when the snowfall has been heavy, and there's no time a Disney castle looks as beautiful as when it's covered in snow. It may just be cold and rainy though, so be prepared for snow, but you're more likely just to have a bit of rain and it being on the cold side.

The Japanese don't do much for Christmas (it's not a holiday there), so there's not the mad rush like there is in the USA, and not much in the way of special Christmas items, but there will still be decorations up and it's a good time to visit with the parks decked out somewhat more than usual.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom