Planning for WDW Trip in October 2021

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
Hey everyone,

I know this is FAR out, but starting to do some planning to take the family to WDW for the 50th Anniversary Celebration. I've taken the family to Magic Kingdom and EPCOT before, but this is going to be our first ever WDW-centric trip. Looking at doing a week there, staying on-site and going all out for a truly magical experience for everyone.

We've got my wife, my three boys (they will be... [does some quick math] 3, 5, and 11 at that point in time), and myself. I've been plenty of times myself, but everyone else will basically be brand new at this.

So, I know I can't book my package/tickets/airfare now. From what I've read, 2021 vacation packages can be booked starting next Summer. Some questions around that:
  • Is that usually the best pricing you're going to get for such a trip?
  • How easy is it to change your package around for different hotels/deals that come out AFTER the release of the packages?
In addition, is there any other planning that I should take into account to make it even more special? Open to any ideas.

Obviously, the actual planning of what to do when will be done after everything is booked, but I'm planning on having us fly out on a Friday afternoon/evening and returning the following Sunday, so probably looking at doing 2 days at each park (I don't know if we'll do the water parks for this trip).

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions provided!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Booking your package as early as they come out can limit the amount a ticket price increase affects you. But you may then have to cancel and rebook to apply discounts when they become available. Really no way to tell in advance what is going to be the best route. Personally, I'd book when they opened reservations.

Upvote 0

LavaLiz

DVC has its perks, but also its cons. I personally love having daily Mousekeeping, and prefer to stay club level if I'm looking for a splurge. While it is not difficult to apply a discount, you can experience long hold times and need to not miss the discount when it's released. If you book with an agent, you usually wake up with an email stating that the discount has already been applied for your package. It's also worth mentioning that Kingdom Konsultant Travel will be offering group rates for the 50th and will definitely be planning some extra splurge events, depending on what is offered. We'd love for you to join us, and know you'll create lots of magical memories no matter what!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom