Planning for DHS day and Rise madness!

aandmmagiccarpetride

Hello all!
Hubby and I have a highly anticipated DHS visit coming up in a few short weeks and have just a few questions.
First up, can anyone tell me what time resort buses have been running with the 8 o'clock park open? I know officially it's one hour prior to park opening but we're wanting to arrive by 7 o'clock so I'm wondering if this can still be achieved on a resort bus, say maybe they've been running them even earlier by chance?
Secondly, what are people doing about their boarding pass call back potentially interfering with a scheduled FP or dining reservation? Originally when they were giving you 2 hours to return to Rise I wasn't concerned about this but now with only having an hour to return I'm worried. Specifically about my Mickey and Minnie Runaway Railway FP and an Oga's resy. And speaking of Oga's...
Third and final question, with a resy. to Oga's do we still have to get in the long line out front that I've seen or do we just go straight to the CM at the podium? I know this may be a dumb question but we have not been here since Galaxy's Edge has opened so I'm curious about how things will work.
Thank you in advance for any input!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
DHS buses will begin running between 7-7:15 for an 8 am open. If you are at your bus stop by 6:55 you’ll make it inside the park in time to try for a Boarding Group. There is no need to arrive at the park an hour in advance unless you want to wait outside the gate for 30-40 minutes until the turnstiles open.

Only the first BGs of the day receive a one hour return window. Should you receive a very low number, just don’t get into a long standby line for something else. If you end up with a backup BG, the very high BG numbers will also have a one hour return window since those groups won’t ride until close to park closing. Every other BG will have a two hour return, enough to accommodate another FP or ADR. If you end up with a conflict, a Guest Experience Team Member (located under blue umbrellas) will be happy to help solve the conflict.

And yes, the long line you see outside Oga’s is the check in line. There is no podium. There are CMs walking down the line with iPads to check you in.

Upvote 0

aandmmagiccarpetride

Original Poster
DHS buses will begin running between 7-7:15 for an 8 am open. If you are at your bus stop by 6:55 you’ll make it inside the park in time to try for a Boarding Group. There is no need to arrive at the park an hour in advance unless you want to wait outside the gate for 30-40 minutes until the turnstiles open.

Only the first BGs of the day receive a one hour return window. Should you receive a very low number, just don’t get into a long standby line for something else. If you end up with a backup BG, the very high BG numbers will also have a one hour return window since those groups won’t ride until close to park closing. Every other BG will have a two hour return, enough to accommodate another FP or ADR. If you end up with a conflict, a Guest Experience Team Member (located under blue umbrellas) will be happy to help solve the conflict.

And yes, the long line you see outside Oga’s is the check in line. There is no podium. There are CMs walking down the line with iPads to check you in.
Thank you so much!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom