Planning Aulani trip Summer 2015

raymusiccity

Original Poster
We'd like to visit Aulani around the 4th of July weekend, but, our home is BLT.

Has anyone just returned from this years 4th of July week with any idea if it was sold out?

We're hoping for a 2BR, but, have to wait until the 7 month window. If there's no hope, we'll just make other plans now.

Thanks !

StarWarsGirl

We were able to get Aulani last year for the fourth of July last year. They do fireworks on the beach, which is very cool. Although we own there, we booked at 7 months and were able to get in, no problem.

Since you're booking 7 months out, you may have more difficulty booking. @brifraz just returned and may have more insights

Also, were you planning on just doing a long weekend? Because if I were you, I'd plan for longer.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
We were there last week - arriving on July 15th. It was close to full, but not totally booked. And we booked at 7 month and had absolutely no problem booking. There are beach fireworks each weekend down in Waikiki if that is a deal breaker. I don't think that July 4 would be really any worse than the rest of the summer - which is NOT the biggest season there.

We did a week and definitely felt like it wasn't enough time! At the cost of airfare over there, I can't imagine doing any less than a week. If we go again, we will do more than a week for certain!

raymusiccity

Original Poster
We were there last week - arriving on July 15th. It was close to full, but not totally booked. And we booked at 7 month and had absolutely no problem booking. There are beach fireworks each weekend down in Waikiki if that is a deal breaker. I don't think that July 4 would be really any worse than the rest of the summer - which is NOT the biggest season there.

We did a week and definitely felt like it wasn't enough time! At the cost of airfare over there, I can't imagine doing any less than a week. If we go again, we will do more than a week for certain!

Thanks to you both for such quick responses!!

We spent some Marriott points to stay at the Marriott Beach Club last October for a few days, and then Aulani for 7 days. We were genuinely surprised at how nice the Marriott Resort was....but, still pales in comparison to Aulani. Marriott was offering a 'come back special', so, we bit and will be returning next summer. This time around we're opting for a week at Marriott and 4 days at Aulani. Our children and grandchildren will be coming along, so, we're looking at 2BR units. We'lll keep our fingers crossed for Aulani at 7 months. We're able to get Marriott at 11 months, so we should be set next week for the first part of our trip. (we might even tackle a Trip Report for that one :)

StarWarsGirl

I don't think that July 4 would be really any worse than the rest of the summer - which is NOT the biggest season there.
Booking wise, no, but whatever you do, DO NOT GO TO WAIKIKI ON FOURTH OF JULY! You've been warned. They do nice fireworks at the beach at Aulani, so no reason to go to Waikiki.

I think I tried to tell you that. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom