Planning an Alaskan cruise

disneynut4u

Original Poster
My sister and I have cruised on the Disney Dream to the Bahamas. Dad wants to see Alaska and we think the cruise would be a great way to do it. I have a questionthough: when would be the best time of year to go? I’m researching to get as much info as I can. Thanks!!

Nemo14

I'm not sure what you mean by "time of year" since Alaska cruises are generally just in the summer, for obvious reasons. We did an Alaska cruise last August through Royal Caribbean, and I would strongly urge you to book a land-and-sea cruise rather than just a sea cruise. Alaska is an amazing and beautiful state with so much more to see and do than what the cruise ports are. In fact our plan now is to return to Alaska in 2 years, but not by cruising.

21stamps

We leave Charleston SC June 4 for an Alaskan Cruise on be back on the 18th will give you a trip report when we get back . Will be a first time have a fising rio planned can't wait
Please do a trip report! I’ve canceled a booked Alaskan cruise twice in the past two years.. decided to save it til kiddo is 10 and can do more excursions. I’d love to see someone else’s trip!

OP- obviously I didn’t go, but both years I booked for the week of June 25th to first days into July. From my research late June and early July is supposed to be the best weather. That’s when we will go in 2 years from now.

John park hopper

Please do a trip report! I’ve canceled a booked Alaskan cruise twice in the past two years.. decided to save it til kiddo is 10 and can do more excursions. I’d love to see someone else’s trip!

OP- obviously I didn’t go, but both years I booked for the week of June 25th to first days into July. From my research late June and early July is supposed to be the best weather. That’s when we will go in 2 years from now.
Will do

disneynut4u

Original Poster
I'm not sure what you mean by "time of year" since Alaska cruises are generally just in the summer, for obvious reasons. We did an Alaska cruise last August through Royal Caribbean, and I would strongly urge you to book a land-and-sea cruise rather than just a sea cruise. Alaska is an amazing and beautiful state with so much more to see and do than what the cruise ports are. In fact our plan now is to return to Alaska in 2 years, but not by cruising.

Thank you. I'm just now really looking into it, so I'm just now seeing that there are certain months for the cruise. I know there are certain things dad wants to do, so I'm reading up on different things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom