Planning a trip to USF

Tony Perkis

Original Poster
So I'm planning a trip to USF. It will be by myself, I plan to stay either at Cabana Bay or an offsite hotel (and Uber/Lift/cab over), and spend 2 days at the parks. The plan is before May. Could I be provided with suggestions? I'd love to meet somebody from here over there if they're in for that.

StageFrenzy

So I'm planning a trip to USF. It will be by myself, I plan to stay either at Cabana Bay or an offsite hotel (and Uber/Lift/cab over), and spend 2 days at the park. The plan is before May. Could I be provided with suggestions? I'd love to meet somebody from here over there if they're in for that.
Cabana Bay is pretty far from Tampa :p
What is you desire for accommodations, Resort, Suite or just a bed?

Tony Perkis

Original Poster
There are some cheap hotels across the street on American way.
You're right. If I'm willing to stay at an off-site location, I'm willing to bite the bullet and take a cab/Uber/Lyft to USF. Therefore, what would be the preferable time period?

Also, does Lyft/Uber exist in Orlando?

StageFrenzy

You're right. If I'm willing to stay at an off-site location, I'm willing to bite the bullet and stay outside of USF. Therefore, what would be the preferable time period?
Soon, we are almost to spring break. Uni doesn't get hit as bad as WDW, however other than now there is almost no slow period until after spring break and that is a dip before summer.

Tony Perkis

Original Poster
Soon, we are almost to spring break. Uni doesn't get hit as bad as WDW, however other than now there is almost no slow period until after spring break and that is a dip before summer.
Thank you for the heads up. Can I assume that is early April to mid-to-late April?

EDIT: And therefore, all April?

To translate my previous statement.

StageFrenzy

Thank you for the heads up. Can I assume that is early April to mid-to-late April?

EDIT: And therefore, all April?

To translate my previous statement.

I usually avoid the parks march-april, if the rates at hotels seem cheap that would probably be a good time. All else fails your room would be cheap.

nepalostparks

Cabana Bay is pretty far from Tampa :p

As someone who lives just down the street from the campus, I wanted to let you know I appreciated this! lol

--

On topic, we stayed at the Best Western Plus Universal Inn this past October. It's very close to Universal (it's just behind the property near the corner of Kirkman and Vineland). The rates were very reasonable, and there's no resort fee. Rooms were clean, free breakfast, friendly staff. I don't recall exactly what the rate was, but it was less than $100 per night including taxes.

Disneyhead'71

There is also a Holiday Inn Express right across the street that has an attached TGIFridays that serves food and drinks until 2am.

Easy walking distance to the parks.

BrerJon

Cabana Bay is great, and the top of International Drive and the loop near Universal have lots of cheap hotels that are all about 25 minutes walk from the parks. I've stayed in the Rosen before and it was great. There is Uber in Orlando, but regulations mean they're the same price as taxis, which are also plentiful, so getting home after CityWalk is no problem even if you didn't want to walk.

Universal is a fantastic resort to do by yourself, as plenty of the attractions have single rider lines, so you can get so much done in a short time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom