planning a trip for next december

keast

I am planning a trip for 4 adults for the first week of december 2002 and need some advise. This will only be my second trip to disney and someone else planned the entire thing last time. Where would be the best place to stay (in the World), is that a good time to go, where woud I find out about discounts, and is it a no-no to book my trip before my airline tickets? Any advise would be greatly appeciated!!

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by keast
I am planning a trip for 4 adults for the first week of december 2002 and need some advise. This will only be my second trip to disney and someone else planned the entire thing last time. Where would be the best place to stay (in the World), is that a good time to go, where woud I find out about discounts, and is it a no-no to book my trip before my airline tickets? Any advise would be greatly appeciated!!

Good Morning! Another early bird! To answer your questions:

1. That depends upon money (always a first priority) and what you're most interested in doing

2.It is an excellent time to go...many members, myself included, think this is THE best time to go! In general, the weather is great, crowds are small, and all of the holiday decorations are up!

3.Try mousesavers.com, also I'm sure other members will give you hints...I live fairly close by, so always wait until the last minute!

4. See #3...can't help you here!

Upvote 0

keast

Original Poster
Good Morning!

Well, cost does matter but we are wanting to stay in a moderately priced location or deluxe. I stayed in a Bungalow at the Institute last time. It was nice but too small for 4 adults to stay together. I don't know if it would be best to split up into two rooms or to try to get something larger for us all to stay together.

Also, on other question....one of the women going is a large woman (about 300 lbs.) and is worried she will not be able to ride any rides. Will that be a problem? Seems I remember almost all rides being able to accomodate large people but she is worried about things with seat belts. What can I tell her??

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I'm afraid there are some rides that won't accomodate your friend, but she probably would have little interest in them anyway...Space Mountain comes to mind, Body Wars and Star Tours also. Many of the rides are designed for more than 1 person per seat with no seat belts, so they wouldn't be a problem. I'm assuming the CMs use a little judgement in assigning them! I haven't been on ToT or RnR; they have warnings against pregnant women going on them...that is partially because of "size" (among other things) the restraints won't fit properly.

If you felt the condos were too small, I fear only the deluxe hotels would have rooms large enough to make you feel "uncramped", or perhaps 2 rooms at a value resort.

More members will be checking in later; they will have more to add! (trust me!)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom