Planning a trip for 2020. Would you rather...

WDWFan2018

Would your rather go in November, when crowds are a little higher but the weather is nice or in August when the crowd levels are at their lowest but the weather is really hot?

Schneewittchen

November. It's usually beautiful and warm enough to visit the pool, but not so humid to make everyone miserable.

I'm from DC, so I'm used to hazy hot and humid, and I know how to manage it so I don't get sick.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

November. You can work around the crowds with good planning in place and be more comfortable. Ive gone in August and it was humid enough for me to decide to avoid August from then on. Another benefit of going in November is that you can get in when the stunning Christmas decorations are being put in place and some holiday events are going on.

Upvote 0

Schneewittchen

November. You can work around the crowds with good planning in place and be more comfortable. Ive gone in August and it was humid enough for me to decide to avoid August from then on. Another benefit of going in November is that you can get in when the stunning Christmas decorations are being put in place and some holiday events are going on.
If you go during Veteran's Day weekend or immediately thereafter, most of the Christmas stuff is up. The MK Christmas parties usually start that week and unfortunately, they tend to film the ABC Christmas specials that week as well - I think it can mess up MK or HS a bit.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

August for me. I know it's not popular, but I don't like Disney's seasonal decorations. I can feel Christmasy at home in December, I don't need to see Christmas decorations in Orlando before Thanksgiving.

Upvote 0

Hcalvert

I had a trip planned for November 9-13, but have now switched it to January 22-26 as January is about the halfway mark between our recently completed July trip and our June 2020 trip. If I had to choose between August or November, I would be going in November. This time, the July weather really got to me. I cannot imagine the mugginess of August and worrying about it being part of hurricane peak season. No thanks.

Upvote 0

Ghostdog

November. I’ve been in June, July and August...never again it’s WAY too hot. October and November are perfect weather and you can still enjoy an afternoon at the pool.

Upvote 0

MGMBoy

November of those two. Thread the needle between Veteran's Day & Thanksgiving Week (things really get hopping on the Friday before Thanksgiving). My all-time favorite time to go is, hands down, the first half of May.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom