Planning a 5-Day Trip!

Jenbear

Hi! My fiance and I are planning our first Disney trip as adults. We last went 10 years ago and it was a family trip (so not organized or paid for by us) so I'd love some feedback in case anything we're planning seems offbase!

We're going for 5 nights at PO: Riverside with the Disney Dining Plan from Sept 9th - Sept 14th. We timed so we're going for both Epcot's Food & Wine festival and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. We have 2-day tickets also (no park hopper) because we really only want to visit MK and Epcot.

I will say neither of us are breakfast/early people, so we plan to just have some poptarts in the room if we want something to eat before heading out.

Day 1:

- Check in at PO: Riverside
- Get celebration buttons! (We're celebrating our engagement!)
- Boat to Disney Springs

Food:
- Dinner: Disney Springs Quick Service (Polite Pig maybe?)
- Snacks: Dole Whip at Marketplace Snacks

Day 2:

- Magic Kingdom

Food:
- Lunch: ??? (Some quick service in MK. None have stood out to us?)
- Dinner: Be Our Guest (Would have preferred this to be lunch but this was the only reservation I could get for the entire stay)
- Snacks: Another Dole Whip (don't judge me) + Mickey Waffles at Sleepy Hollow (maybe)

FP:
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Haunted Mansion
Big Thunder Mountain

Day 3:

- Magic Kingdom / Mickey's Halloween Party (Park entry at 4PM)

Food:
- Lunch: Frontera Cochina in Disney Springs
- Dinner: Snacks!
- Snacks: Whatever is special for the Halloween party!

FP:
Does anyone know if we get FP tickets for Halloween Party tickets? (Answered!)

Day 4:

- Free day! Swimming, exploring Disney Springs more, exploring AKL when we go for lunch.

Food:
- Lunch: Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Dinner: Quick Service at Resort or Disney Springs
- Snacks: Beignets at Sassagoula Floatworks

Day 5:

- Epcot

Food:
- Lunch: Sunshine Seasons in Epcot
- Dinner: Ohana at Polynesian Resort
- Snacks: We'll be there during Food & Wine festival so lots of tasting!

FP:
Soarin
Spaceship Earth
Living with the Land

Day 6:

- Check out / homeward bound

Food:
- Breakfast: Will use remaining Quick Service credit to get something at resort

Last edited:

GabeP

FP+ is not available during MNSSHP, but you'll find that with all the other stuff going on inside the park (M and G, special shows/parades), the attraction lines are pretty short.

Upvote 0

LeighM

Day 1:

- Check in at PO: Riverside
- Get celebration buttons! (We're celebrating our engagement!)
- Boat to Disney Springs

Food:
- Dinner: Disney Springs Quick Service (Polite Pig maybe?)
- Snacks: Dole Whip at Marketplace Snacks

Day 2:

- Magic Kingdom

Food:
- Lunch: ??? (Some quick service in MK. None have stood out to us?)
- Dinner: Be Our Guest (Would have preferred this to be lunch but this was the only reservation I could get for the entire stay)
- Snacks: Another Dole Whip (don't judge me) + Mickey Waffles at Sleepy Hollow (maybe)

Day 3:

- Magic Kingdom / Mickey's Halloween Party (Park entry at 4PM)

Food:
- Lunch: Frontera Cochina in Disney Springs
- Dinner: Snacks!
- Snacks: Whatever is special for the Halloween party!

FP:
Does anyone know if we get FP tickets for Halloween Party tickets? (Answered!)

Day 4:

- Free day! Swimming, exploring Disney Springs more, exploring AKL when we go for lunch.

Food:
- Lunch: Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Dinner: Quick Service at Resort or Disney Springs
- Snacks: Beignets at Sassagoula Floatworks

Day 5:

- Epcot

Food:
- Lunch: Sunshine Seasons in Epcot
- Dinner: Ohana at Polynesian Resort
- Snacks: We'll be there during Food & Wine festival so lots of tasting!

Day 6:

- Check out / homeward bound

Food:
- Breakfast: Will use remaining Quick Service credit to get something at resort

Port Orleans Riverside is my favorite resort! My husband and I love it there. We ate at the Polite Pig in March and it was really good (pictures of the meal are somewhere in my trip report). Just know the portions are HUGE! We easily could've split one meal and still be full.

In MK, my favorite quick service places are Sleepy Hollow (breakfast), Be our Guest (lunch), and Columbia Harbor House. I like sitting on the second floor of CHH and people watching from the bridge over the the path. Be Our Guest used to be good for dinner but since they changed the menu and experience, I no longer have a clue lol. But lunch in March was good.

Last time we went to the Halloween Party, I was able to get FP for the hours between 4-7 (when the park was open until 7 to guests but I think they changed it to 6pm now). My suggestion would be to get to MK as close to 4 as possible and get your wristband so that you can miss the crowds at the gate when the party begins. It was a madhouse the one time I was late. When we got to the park at 4pm, we used our FP, looked at the special character lines already forming and said nevermind on those, and picked up the special Sorcerers of the MK card.

Sanaa and Ohana are two of my favorites. The bread service at Sanaa is fantastic as is the bread pudding at Ohana :) I hope you have fun during your trip!

Upvote 0

DisneyDaver

My wife and I loved Food and Wine. There was so much interesting food to try that we made a dinner of it. You might want to consider Ohana for dinner on your free day and then just stating at Epcot through dinner on your Epcot day while eating at Food and Wine.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom