Planet Hollywood unveils redesign for Disney Springs

RSoxNo1

The promo pics they released of the shakes were my draw to try the new PH. However, from all the photos I've seen so far, the shakes look terrible and nothing like the promo pics.
The Toothsome ones look good when brought to your table, but you're being sold on the elaborate garnish. The milkshakes themselves are definitely too thin.

MagicHappens1971

Kind of underwhelmed to be honest. I can't make a final judgement as I haven't been there yet. However to those complaining about the theme, if I remember correctly, the theme is that it WAS an observatory, it isn't anymore. I do think this refurb was a little half-***ed, but I also think it falls into the issue that this really needed a rebuild but instead they built around the existing PH.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Kind of underwhelmed to be honest. I can't make a final judgement as I haven't been there yet. However to those complaining about the theme, if I remember correctly, the theme is that it WAS an observatory, it isn't anymore. I do think this refurb was a little half-***ed, but I also think it falls into the issue that this really needed a rebuild but instead they built around the existing PH.

I agree. The theme is that Planet Hollywood bought an old building that used to be an observatory and made it into a restaurant. I think they pretty much nailed it.

I am looking forward to checking out the outside areas, both the bar and restaurant area. From what I can tell, the inside is underwhelming. I get the impression that the atmosphere is crazy loud and that you need to shout in order to have an kind of conversation.

Now that there are so many bars in DS, I'm wondering when "Drinking around the Springs" becomes a thing!!

3WaltFans

I'm kinda LMAO at the pics of the shakes. The promo pics are total "white girl" bait. Then the instagram pics look like something a 5 year old made at a "shake decorating station" at Mickey's Backyard Ice Cream Social.

Looks just like Universal's toothsome chocolate emporium . LMAO
source.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What's the over/under on how long this Frankenshake fad is going to last?

I haven't heard of one reviewer saying they were going to get such a shake again.

RSoxNo1

What's the over/under on how long this Frankenshake fad is going to last?

I haven't heard of one reviewer saying they were going to get such a shake again.
You're buying the garnish and the presentation. The milkshakes themselves are generally mediocre to poor. At least at Toothsome's the food is under priced.

Pro tip, get the $8.50 bottomless milkshake at Whispering Canyon but bring a wider straw.

Next Big Thing

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Apparently Planet Hollywood isn't finished with their opening festivities yet.

Britney Spears will be at Planet Hollywood today (3/13) for a Grand Opening (even though I thought that already happened). Reese Witherspoon will be there today as well for a 6pm ribbon cutting.

Britney Spears will host a red carpet event at Planet Hollywood today | Blogs

Britney Spears & Reese Witherspoon Both At Disney Springs Today | Lowdown From Twang Town
I'm really surprised how low key the whole PH relaunch was. Given their focus on celebrities, I was expecting a big splash.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm really surprised how low key the whole PH relaunch was. Given their focus on celebrities, I was expecting a big splash.

Perhaps their constantly shifting opening date had something to do with that? You can't arrange for big names to show up on a moving deadline.

OliveMcFly

To help celebrate the recent grand opening of Planet Hollywood Observatory at Walt Disney World, pop music icon Britney Spears made an appearance on the restaurant’s red carpet yesterday (Monday), living up to its “Hollywood” name.

Britney was joined by her two sons (photo below), sister Jamie Lynn, Jamie Lynn's daughter who was recently in a serious AV accident (photo below), and her mom. They had lunch with Planet Hollywood founder Robert Earl (Britney's Vegas residency is at the Planet Hollywood Hotel).

rs_1024x759-170313191834-1024.Britney-Spears-Planet-Hollywood.ms.031317.jpg

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Screen-Shot-2017-03-13-at-12.42.11-PM.jpg
2017-03-13-13_43_12-britney-spears-planet-hollywood-Twitter-Search-600x343.png

britney-spears-1.jpg

britney-spears-21.jpg

normal_C618M0kU4AAZDG7.jpg
normal_C60P-LVU0AES8Ec.jpg
Gotta love that they're all wearing their names on matching tees!
Looks like they had some great family time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom