Planet Hollywood unveils redesign for Disney Springs

kurtk

Any chance the place is a little quieter. I am no big fan of loud music during my meal but wife absolutely hates it. I never understood the appeal of places like this (also Hard Rock) where you can't have a conversation during the meal. They almost seem to violate OSHA requirements for noise and the employees should be wearing ear plugs;-)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Any chance the place is a little quieter. I am no big fan of loud music during my meal but wife absolutely hates it. I never understood the appeal of places like this (also Hard Rock) where you can't have a conversation during the meal. They almost seem to violate OSHA requirements for noise and the employees should be wearing ear plugs;-)
I would say if anything it will be louder. They are making a pint about live DJ and huge video walls.

senor_jorge

Barbara Eden+? Bring it!!

At the end of a 7-10 day trip, for some families, that could be a blessing.

alissafalco

Then dont eat at T-Rex either. I left that place and my head was shaking.

UpDog71

Looking at that lackluster decor, this looks like Disney is banking on this not lasting long so they can have another mega "event space" for upcharge "Villians Parties".

Jon81uk

Looking at that lackluster decor, this looks like Disney is banking on this not lasting long so they can have another mega "event space" for upcharge "Villians Parties".

The interior design has almost nothing to do with Disney.

And again, I would prefer a simple design showcasing the memobilia, with some flourishes (mainly on the ceiling from the concept art).

I am Timmy

Blast! This menu has taken off anything spicy, and looks like every other steakhouse/burger joint. The building is questionable, will have to reserve judgement until I see it in person. My son is going to be the make it or break it decider, he is the one who loved this place. The rest of us could take it or leave it, but the spicy food he got here, along with the movie vibe, was his go to. Can't wait to see pics, though, the inside sounds promising.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, Jan 25. "Open" for lunch today for invited guests and Disney personnel. Staff were outside the front door only letting invited guests inside.

IMG_9084.JPG

The Planet Hollywood Store sign on the right side of the building, across from the Coca-Cola building.

IMG_9086.JPG

Merchandize on display in the window.

IMG_9085.JPG

IMG_9087.JPG

Stargazers Bar on the lower level.

IMG_9088.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom