Planet hollywood free voucher meal

kathyjacks

Original Poster
Hi , just finished paying for my trip in april a couple of days ago and recieved the confirmation from disney . I just have a question , I know for 2006 they are giving you a free meal and free souvenir from planet holly wood but is that a free meal for everyone on my package? we all got dining . It looks like it is just one free meal period? iTS nice but we aren't going to use it if one eats free and we have to pay for 3 considering we already have dining package anyway and planet hollywood isn't somewhere we were really interested in.

jesserin

No, it's one free meal for one person per vacation package at Planet Hollywood... the CM told me they are trying to drive more people into the restaurant which is the reason behind the promotion - so if you use up all your dining plan options - you can still get one person's meal covered at PH.

DisneyBunny

Huh. My AAA agent said it was just a coupon for $X off any purchase of $Y or more. Then again, AAA agents aren't always up on the latest offers.

It might make a nice lunch, if you split it. That way you could save a credit for later. :veryconfu

TLM323

Hi :wave:

I am also going in April (I can't wait!!!!!!), and I also took the Dining Plan! I saw the same notations on my Confirmation ... so I called Disney (a month or so ago), and you're right, it's just for one. After much (much, much) thought (while making ALL of our Dining Reservations), I decided to USE IT (my daughters are teenagers & they will love it there!). I figured I would pay for the 3 meals (out of my pocket, we'll do our best to eat cheaply!) and I would use the "EXTRA" Table Service Meal, towards the "Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show" on our last night. :)

Have a SAFE Trip!
~ Tammy

Justa' BigKid

I was under the impression from past posts on this subject that it was for the entire party, not just one person. Has anyone actually used this voucher yet?

jesserin

I assure you - it is just for one person... unless they have changed it in the last 24 hours... If you look at your reservation it will say:

(example)
Room: Contemp Garden (4) - that stands for 4 people
Pkg: MYW+dining (4) - that stands for 4 people too...
Planet Hollywood Voucher (1) - that stands for 1 person... :)

magicstar01

Ive only been their once and we got a voucher, but everyone says its run down and i was just wondering if it is worne down if its worth going? anyhow has it changed at all if it has ill go but i wish the voucher was for more than one!

Justa' BigKid

jesserin said:
I assure you - it is just for one person... unless they have changed it in the last 24 hours.

Sad to say that if this is correct (and I do think that you are right that it is just for one person) this is a waste of time for me and my family (and I imagine many other families too). :brick:

jesserin

magicstar01 said:
Ive only been their once and we got a voucher, but everyone says its run down and i was just wondering if it is worne down if its worth going? anyhow has it changed at all if it has ill go but i wish the voucher was for more than one!

Personally I really enjoy the atmosphere and the food (LA Lasagna anyone? :slurp: ) not to mention they have Captain Crunch Chicken fingers... sooo not healthy - but yummy all the same... We always make it a point to eat here and at the Rainforest Cafe in DTD - you'll find mixed reviews for both restaurants... but we really enjoy both places, both food and atmosphere... I think it's a great restaurant if you are in WDW for more than a few days... we usually stay for 10+ days - so we like to hit all the big restaurants.. and this is always one we enjoy!

jesserin

Justa' BigKid said:
Sad to say that if this is correct (and I do think that you are right that it is just for one person) this is a waste of time for me and my family (and I imagine many other families too). :brick:

True - but even if you do the dining plan - you may end up still having to pay for a few meals... depending on how you split up your dining options... if so, then this is a savings as it includes an app & dessert - split the app & dessert amoung the table and that's a pretty good savings!

kathyjacks

Original Poster
yeah i know i have to pay for a few meals the last day but I never planned to go to planet holly wood with a 5 year old and an 8 year old anyway so i think its a rip because say one familyspends 1000 dollars and they get the planet hollywood voucher for 1 person . well another family spends $3550 well we get one voucher too but .................... we get ripped. its **&*&*^%%%%

lentesta

Premium Member
I don't see why you can't get it take-out.

I think the voucher's good for a sandwich or burger (and sides), not the more expensive entrees. Is that right? Or can you get filet mignon with it?

Len

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom