Planet Coaster style Disney games....would you play them?

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
If they decided to make a game in the style of Planet Coaster but with Disney parks and attractions....would you buy it? How often would you play it?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
If they decided to make a game in the style of Planet Coaster but with Disney parks and attractions....would you buy it? How often would you play it?

Considering Disney partnered with Frontier Developments in making Kinect Disneyland Adventures the partnership is already established which could get the ball rolling. That said, I think they (Frontier) would be more likely to pitch to Disney or visaversa on creating an exclusive expansion pack containing new characters and licensed attractions for Planet Coaster. However... the best idea IMO would be for Disney and Frontier to develop a Toy Story-centric game using that backyard carnival aesthetic as the basis of design and game story. And why not? PIXAR and Frontier Development shared artists during Planet Coaster's build. Seems a good fit. I'd play a Toy Story's Backyard Carnival Builder game!

awoogala

No. I've been burned by Disney video games too many times. We fall in love, get invested, then they pull the plug. Virtual Magic Kingdom was amazing- poof, gone. Got obsessed with Toontown- poof, gone. Fairies game my kids LOVED- poof, gone. I just can't put my heart into one more game they pull on me!!!

Rich T

Well, Disney released this PC software nearly 20 years ago. For the time, it was pretty wonderful.
Disney Coaster.jpg

Paper straw fan

Maybe they could start small and do a Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 style game for say, $20 (and eventually down to $10)on Steam, iOS and download in the Sony/ Xbox stores. (Minus me drowning unhappy customers and making death rides) That way, using an old engine it could be a fairly inexpensive trial run, and it would be playable/ accessible for kids using iPads and perhaps Switch.

Tank Man

A problem is that Planco’s engine does not work to well and if the inside “spy” is telling the truth, a sequel to Planet Coaster is starting development as only little things will now be added for a while longer and then go into a update blackout. The sequel might/should feature a better engine to run better and since they are rumored to be partnering with Disney, then they could make Disney parks and rides and have re skins

Tank Man

There's a rumor about a Planet Coaster 2? Only thing I heard that was coming was Planet Zoo.
I will find the rumor and show you it but I don’t have it know but everything it has said has been 100% true so far but no date for Planco 2 but they say it will come after JWE 2

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
There's not much you can really do with a Jurassic World Evolution 2 to be honest because you can essentially do everything in the first game. I'm taking that one with a grain of salt.

Tank Man

There's not much you can really do with a Jurassic World Evolution 2 to be honest because you can essentially do everything in the first game. I'm taking that one with a grain of salt.
The insider said that there are major problems that are bigger then Planco’s that they can’t fix u less they make a new engine. He said they are fixing the problems through a sequel and a new engine. They will probably bring everything from the 1st to 2nd,
But also yes take it with a grain of salt but everything he said has been true so far

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
Still waiting to see where you got this rumor since you posted about it in another gaming thread, good sir.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom