Plan for NYE

rosebudd

We're going to Epcot for NYE for the first time and I wanna know if our plan sounds good or not.
Get there by 10
10:00 am FP for Test Track
11:45 am Lunch at Via Napoli
Walk around World Showcase
4:30 pm Dinner at Tokyo Dining
6:00 pm FP for Mission Space
Head back to World Showcase and walk around
9:00 or 10:00 Find spot at Tokyo Dining Terrace
11:50 Fireworks
After fireworks stay put for a little bit until it's not as crowded and then leave

I've been worried about going back to future world after dinner and then back to world showcase because I know as it gets later it gets more crowded. We could do both our fastpasses before lunch (like try one at 9 and one at 10) then stay in world showcase for the rest of the day. Also, what's seating for quick service meals like? Is it hard to find a seat even at the extra booths and stuff? Let me know what you think!

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
We're going to Epcot for NYE for the first time and I wanna know if our plan sounds good or not.
Get there by 10
After fireworks stay put for a little bit until it's not as crowded and then leave

I've been worried about going back to future world after dinner and then back to world showcase because I know as it gets later it gets more crowded. We could do both our fastpasses before lunch (like try one at 9 and one at 10) then stay in world showcase for the rest of the day. Also, what's seating for quick service meals like? Is it hard to find a seat even at the extra booths and stuff? Let me know what you think!

I would not want to go from Japan back to FW just for MS and then back again.

Also lunch and dinner seem very close together. Are you sure you would eat two meals that close? I would drop that lunch reservation, do your FW rides first, then WS until dinner and after. Maybe if you're planning to arrive later do a breakfast instead of lunch. Book somewhere in the Boardwalk area maybe, or at your resort depending where you're staying.

Upvote 0

MagicalMaci

In the Parks
Yes
I would try to hunker down in World Showcase after dinner rather than go back and forth. There will be a lot of extra excitement going on and it gets crowded early. Your plan to find a good viewing spot early is good as they will fill up!

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak

The least amount of walking back and forth throughout the park you can do the better. It gets extremely crowded on NYE and can be difficult to maneuver around the park. MK reaches capacity early but not sure on EPCOT.

Upvote 0

rosebudd

Original Poster
I would not want to go from Japan back to FW just for MS and then back again.

Also lunch and dinner seem very close together. Are you sure you would eat two meals that close? I would drop that lunch reservation, do your FW rides first, then WS until dinner and after. Maybe if you're planning to arrive later do a breakfast instead of lunch. Book somewhere in the Boardwalk area maybe, or at your resort depending where you're staying.
I wouldn't usually make dinner so early, but we thought it'd be best to eat earlier so we could find a spot earlier. Usually we wouldn't do lunch and dinner, but we wanted to make sure that when we got food we'd have a place to sit and it's a nice break from the crowds. We want to have as much time to sleep in as possible (we're at MK the night before and will be back late), and I just didn't connect the dots for walking backing and forth between world showcase and future world. There's not a whole lot of dinner reservations available, let alone any that would actually help the situation. The only thing I could think of doing, would be having both fastpasses before lunch and getting there earlier, or eating at Coral Reef for lunch (though I'm not a fan of their lunch menu). Either that or not get to the parks until later and skip the lunch reservation. (sorry for the rambling)

Upvote 0

rosebudd

Original Poster
The least amount of walking back and forth throughout the park you can do the better. It gets extremely crowded on NYE and can be difficult to maneuver around the park. MK reaches capacity early but not sure on EPCOT.
From what I've read, Epcot typically doesn't reach capacity on NYE but still gets crowded

Upvote 0

rosebudd

Original Poster
Get there by 10

While I don't know how much better it would be, we could do one oof the fastpasses between lunch and dinner. I'd like to stay in world showcase but right now it seems like doing that or both of them before lunch would be best

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom