Placeholders

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Original Poster
News just out.
Placeholders will be losing the onboard credit benefit from booking.
Will try and find the dates this comes into effect.

Currently held placeholders will be grandfathered.
Screenshot_20190927-183904~2.png

Last edited:

LSLS

Glad I got my last placeholder, but not too thrilled at this. May start thinking about other cruise lines. Yes, it's not much, but I'm not going to support taking away perks either.

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
Original Poster
Glad I got my last placeholder, but not too thrilled at this. May start thinking about other cruise lines. Yes, it's not much, but I'm not going to support taking away perks either.
Tbh 1-200 bucks isn't a deal breaker for us . The 10% discount would have been.

LSLS

Tbh 1-200 bucks isn't a deal breaker for us . The 10% discount would have been.

It's not a dealbreaker, but it's perked me up a bit. Prices going up, I don't like they are pulling perks away. Not stopping us, but I might consider looking at a few others as well now where I wasn't before.

KeithVH

For those of you thinking this isn't a big deal - when will it be that? DCL may not necessarily be declining by degrees like the parks but neither are their changes that stagnant either. What about Palo/Remy price increases, tipping increases, Rainforest pass increases, transfer increases, loss of Navigators in the room, etc, etc, etc?

You realize all the above are in the last two years? This isn't even a pixie dust issue. Y'all aren't just paying attention or your tolerance levels means it doesn't matter what Disney does (where do you think they got the idea to raise ticket prices into orbit?).

Definitely the frog in the pan analogy . . .

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
Original Poster
For those of you thinking this isn't a big deal - when will it be that? DCL may not necessarily be declining by degrees like the parks but neither are their changes that stagnant either. What about Palo/Remy price increases, tipping increases, Rainforest pass increases, transfer increases, loss of Navigators in the room, etc, etc, etc?

You realize all the above are in the last two years? This isn't even a pixie dust issue. Y'all aren't just paying attention or your tolerance levels means it doesn't matter what Disney does (where do you think they got the idea to raise ticket prices into orbit?).

Definitely the frog in the pan analogy . . .
Price increases happen all around. If it makes it not value for money for us then we will go elsewhere. Atm most of the rises don't affect us . We don't eat at Palo we don't use the spa and as we sail from Dover we don't get the transfer. If you do all those then yes maybe its not as good value for you.

ChuckElias

I agree with just about everything that's been said in this thread.

1) It's disappointing.
2) It's not a deal-breaker.
3) I may start actively looking at Celebrity or Princess (or HAL's new ships).
4) It's the frog in the pan.

All these things are true.

jme

Yeah this isn’t a big deal but it’s death by a million papercuts. Slight increase in prices here, small value loss there, it all eventually adds up. They are in a very competitive market, the Disney brand can only carry them so far. This move shows they are more concerned about one-and-done cruisers, and not repeat customers.
Disappointing

Sans Souci

Glad I did an onboard booking the other day.

I am hesitant to post this here, because I know some people think DCL is above reproach. I had a lovely Champagne Brunch at Remy two days ago, but it bugged me that they didn't didn't have the loaf of the truffle brioche at our table. It was a sourdough bread. Not only that, they doled out the bread piece by piece. Really? Sourdough is nothing but flour, salt and water...

KeithVH

I'm curious to know how incrementally more cut backs there will be.

I have a feeling we're into the declining by degrees mode at this point. Some of the losses will be extremely small and only a few actually have a specific monetary value that can be assigned. For example, with the redesign of the Promenade Lounge, looks like they moved the bar closer to the stage and there's no room for the nachos/finger food station they used to have next to the stage (this is TOTALLY unconfirmed at this point). But even if it were gone, how do you assign value to that? That's the challenge with quantifying some of these losses.

But am I sure we haven't seen the last of the cuts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom