PizzeRizzo announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios - Was: Rumor: Pizza Planet/Mama Melrose closing?

roj2323

irresponsible. the last photo was posted 4 days ago. this place is slipping!
Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 9.17.13 PM.png

More on the site that can't be named. There's not much new to see really to be honest.

Goofyernmost

Yep, for a minute there I thought we had confirmation that it's going back to green instead of white.
Yup, it was a simple matter of glass half full or glass half empty. It was the same picture as before where it was assumed that they were painting it white with some of the green still remaining to be covered. They it was seen by someone as them starting to paint it green over the white. Personally, I fail to see how it matters and quite honestly think it looks better white because it helps to take away the obviousness of the steel beam and makes it look more like wood. Either way, the Pizza will taste the same, so, like I said, what does it matter.

By now, though it would seem that they have continued on and we will know what is happening to it. Just need someone with a twitchy camera finger to get the truth out there.
Please do not tell me that if I just understood Disney better I would know why it was necessary to be green or white based on the wishes of Walt himself. He left a note saying that if they were to ever build a Pizza place with a Rat owner theme, be sure to make sure that the trim is green.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yup, it was a simple matter of glass half full or glass half empty. It was the same picture as before where it was assumed that they were painting it white with some of the green still remaining to be covered. They it was seen by someone as them starting to paint it green over the white. Personally, I fail to see how it matters and quite honestly think it looks better white because it helps to take away the obviousness of the steel beam and makes it look more like wood. Either way, the Pizza will taste the same, so, like I said, what does it matter.

By now, though it would seem that they have continued on and we will know what is happening to it. Just need someone with a twitchy camera finger to get the truth out there.
Please do not tell me that if I just understood Disney better I would know why it was necessary to be green or white based on the wishes of Walt himself. He left a note saying that if they were to ever build a Pizza place with a Rat owner theme, be sure to make sure that the trim is green.

I was actually referring to the photo update that was posted the other day in the news which has the whole thing painted green. It matters because the white looks terrible.

Fox&Hound

They've done a great job making it look and feel like a NYC pizzeria. If the actual pizza pies aren't up to par, it'll be a disappointment. Please don't recycle some of the other "pizza" on property and serve it here.

So true! Do we know if they are revamping the menu significantly or serving the same ol' pizza they have been? It would be great if this become a go-to spot due to awesome food!

Goofyernmost

I was actually referring to the photo update that was posted the other day in the news which has the whole thing painted green. It matters because the white looks terrible.
You certainly have a right to your opinion, but, that is all it is, just like mine. Personally, I think the white looks huge amounts better. I hate things that look like a battleship when it is a land based building. But, like I said before. if the food is good, does it really matter? The very last thing I would care about is the color of the metal part of the structure.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
You certainly have a right to your opinion, but, that is all it is, just like mine. Personally, I think the white looks huge amounts better. I hate things that look like a battleship when it is a land based building. But, like I said before. if the food is good, does it really matter? The very last thing I would care about is the color of the metal part of the structure.

We can agree to disagree on which color we like better, but I will not agree that the choice of color doesn't matter. Have you read any of the books on Imagineering? An incredible amount of thought goes into the choice of color just like so many of the other details about Disney parks.

Goofyernmost

We can agree to disagree on which color we like better, but I will not agree that the choice of color doesn't matter. Have you read any of the books on Imagineering? An incredible amount of thought goes into the choice of color just like so many of the other details about Disney parks.
Of course I have, and that is why I think that the white looks warmer and less structural steel. But, even that is a stretch for this particular dining establishment. Other then some prefer green over white, what exactly would be the "color" motivation for this. White or Green for a support beam on a porch dining area is not anymore important then being the psychological aspect that white is cleaner looking and therefore a better place to be consuming food. What does green do for it?

Mawg

Of course I have, and that is why I think that the white looks warmer and less structural steel. But, even that is a stretch for this particular dining establishment. Other then some prefer green over white, what exactly would be the "color" motivation for this. White or Green for a support beam on a porch dining area is not anymore important then being the psychological aspect that white is cleaner looking and therefore a better place to be consuming food. What does green do for it?
Green makes people think it will be healthier food, like broccoli.

Goofyernmost

Funny whenever I think of food, green is usually what we considered spoiled, moldy food. Well except lettuce!

My, my... is it possible that colors mean different things to different people? You know... I think it does!

prfctlyximprct

Green – Associated with health, tranquility, power, and nature. Used in stores to relax customers and for promoting environmental issues. Green stimulates harmony in your brain and encourages a balance leading to decisiveness.

I remember learning all about the psychology of color marketing in college lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom