Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

tomast

Been doing that same thing as of late save for Star Wars films.

I will watch the first trailer...maybe the second one, but that is it.
When you watch star wars or marvel trailer they show you the best scenes so when you go to the cinema it can only go worse, because you have left only the "not so cool/funny" scenes to watch. It happend to me with star wars 7 and thor ragnarok. I skip all trailers now.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Shame. But there are bigger priorities I suppose. When you have so much to do ...

Considering the ridiculous "budget" they initially set for this overlay; I think it's a good call to put those resources elsewhere. It is a shame they couldn't find a way to make it work but the back and forth on this, IMO tells me that either TDO doesn't feel the IP is strong enough to warrant changing the attraction or some other such bull crap like capex budgeting and overspending by Imagineering. is to blame. I still say an overlay could be achieved.

I assume they must not really "want it" otherwise they'd make it happen!

ToTBellHop

Considering the ridiculous "budget" they initially set for this overlay; I think it's a good call to put those resources elsewhere. It is a shame they couldn't find a way to make it work but the back and forth on this, IMO tells me that either TDO doesn't feel the IP is strong enough to warrant changing the attraction or some other such bull crap like capex budgeting and overspending by Imagineering. is to blame. I still say an overlay could be achieved.

I assume they must not really "want it" otherwise they'd make it happen!
It’s not really needed, given what was proposed. It would not be a dramatic improvement over Gran Fiesta nor would it truly attract more guests. Best to spend the money elsewhere.

jt04

It’s not really needed, given what was proposed. It would not be a dramatic improvement over Gran Fiesta nor would it truly attract more guests. Best to spend the money elsewhere.

I agree. It is one of the things they can do after the 50th. And possibly Epcot's 40th. Still think it would be an important add but so many other pavilions need help.

Sped2424

Just to further support the obviously irrelevant cultural relevance of using this IP in the Mexico pavilion, Coco has been re-released in Mexican cinemas to coincide with Día de Muertos and came in at #3 at the Mexican box office last weekend.
It's insane to me how Disney clinches for pennies when dollars fly over their heads. People LOVE this film they just do it would be no a brainer to give this film a healthy budget for some sort of attraction or land SOMEWHERE In the parks. I don't care if the idea is sacrilegious but I would give the whole mexico pavilion a land of the dead/coco makeover.

jt04

It's insane to me how Disney clinches for pennies when dollars fly over their heads. People LOVE this film they just do it would be no a brainer to give this film a healthy budget for some sort of attraction or land SOMEWHERE In the parks. I don't care if the idea is sacrilegious but I would give the whole mexico pavilion a land of the dead/coco makeover.

I don't think they want Fiesta and SSE off line at the same time. Logical. Just a thought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom