Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Do you have inside information that your list represents what the update would include? Or are you just assuming?

Ah I'm just spit-balling. But I can't imagine it would cost that much regardless of actual materials and detail. We're talking simple overlay. Although I suspect some of that is demo and construction of a rerouted queue.

Last edited:

peter11435

Ah I'm just spit-balling. But I can't imagine it would cost that much regardless of actual materials and detail. We're talking simple overlay.
You’re again just assuming it would be just a simple overlay. We don’t yet know how extensive it may or not not be nor do we know how extensive any queue modifications might be. Animatronics are not cheap and we don’t know if or how many the attraction might include. Nor do we know how sophisticated or simple any potential figures may be. There’s just too many unknown variables at this point to say what that $75 million would mean.

For comparisons sake this is basically the same budget frozen received.

bclane

And therein lies the problem. That's ridiculously high for paint, blacklights, swapped video segments, a sheet of glass, music rights, flats and a couple basic motion AAs.
That does seem like a large sum of money. But while things like animatronics can be crazy expensive, generally speaking, it's not the physical materials that kill the budget. It's the labor (which includes the planning phase costs) that really drives up the numbers.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
You’re again just assuming it would be just a simple overlay. We don’t yet know how extensive it may or not not be nor do we know how extensive any queue modifications might be. Animatronics are not cheap and we don’t know if or how many the attraction might include. Nor do we know how sophisticated or simple any potential figures may be. There’s just too many unknown variables at this point to say what that $75 million would mean.

For comparisons sake this is basically the same budget frozen received.

Was it not already understood that it would be a simple overlay? This was never said to be on the scale of Frozen... nor should it be.

Jones14

Was it not already understood that it would be a simple overlay? This was never said to be on the scale of Frozen... nor should it be.
Keep in mind that this is just a ride overhaul. Frozen got $75 million to redo Maelstrom and the expansion pad next door, so if Coco gets $75 million for the ride, then the overlay should actually be a bit more substantial than Maelstrom -> Frozen.

Also, Gran Fiesta Tour has better bones than Maelstrom did (and probably wouldn't need a track extension), so it's likely that the ride could take a bigger leap forward.

Jones14

Frozen involved a merging of load/unload, as well as an expansion of the ride layout (however small). If we assume that load/unload remains the same, and that they don't need to expand the ride track, then that would by definition make it a simple overlay.

The project as a whole will be smaller in scale (no ride extension, no meet and greet, etc.), but the overlay itself could yield larger/better results as a result of how money would be allocated.

aladdin2007

Would the scene with the mural volcano with the restaurant be changed? It's absolutely beautiful, but i don't see how it ties into Coco.

I hope not, your right its classic,,,probably exactly why they would change it lol.

The ride at this point needs a full gutting really like Maelstrom got, the mold in there is terrible so the quoted amount count include a complete overhaul as well, and maybe more extensive than originally thought now?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes, but that was originally built in DLP

Studios Paris was a mess when built...and was 5 years later when I was there...

Ratatouille was built because they needed anything and Everything they could get their hands on there...not becuse of the movies box office performance. Still I hear a good show...I'm interested in the clone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom