Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

Sir_Cliff

I must admit that this film is seeming like a bit of a Ratatouille in that it has underperformed somewhat in the US but is doing great business overseas. Today it just surpassed $500 million worldwide (http://deadline.com/2017/12/coco-500-million-worldwide-box-office-disney-pixar-1202232851/), but it does look like it will fall quite a bit short of Moana at the US box office. I've also been surprised to see that the soundtrack has gone absolutely nowhere after the Moana and Frozen soundtracks were such monster hits. Indeed, the Coco soundtrack is still being far outsold by the Moana soundtrack in the US!

I'm not sure how - or if - this affects Disney's decision making about putting a Coco ride in the Mexico pavilion. You would think that a hit is a hit and this seems like such a no brainer for the pavilion, particularly given how well it has been received in Mexico and by Latino audiences and critics in the US. Who knows.

Lets Respect

The domestic box office for Coco took a hit after Dec 15th, probably when Star Wars opened

You can see it was running close to Moana (7% lower) and now is running 10% lower.

IMG_3491.jpg

DisneyFan18

Assuming it does I don’t know.
That doesn't sounds hopeful for this getting done. Do you know what is keeping it from being greenlit? Are some other projects spending more than expected and therefore draining money from this project or something along the lines?

Cmdr_Crimson

That doesn't sounds hopeful for this getting done. Do you know what is keeping it from being greenlit? Are some other projects spending more than expected and therefore draining money from this project or something along the lines?

Probably due to this....Which hasn't seen anything else happening except for the walls being up and land clearing at Energy...Makes you wonder if they are "Really" Trying to land this on the 50th of WDW or at least 45th anniversary of Epcot...
epcot-future-world-concept-art-d23-expo-230.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom