Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971, once the Coco Attraction opens, will it be given Fastpass+? I know it sounds like the logic option, but since it currently doesn't have, it would mean doing modification in the queue, and if I remember correctly you said that the queue would remain as it is now. :D
I said the queue has an overflow option now. There's the possibility of it getting rerouted.

Sir_Cliff

That doesn't sound likely.
While this is probably the best international market for the film and the hype here is very big (I'm in Mexico City right now), Coco had a very good debut in Mexico this weekend:
Also from Disney, and Pixar, Coco started off its overseas career in Mexico, with $8.4M ahead of the Día de Muertos holiday (that’s why Thor‘s not there yet). The film opened at No. 1 and scored the biggest opening weekend for an original IP animated pic, and the top debut for an animated movie outside summer vacations in the market.
http://deadline.com/2017/10/thor-ra...ina-coco-international-box-office-1202196942/

The reaction here also seems super positive, which is another point in favour of including it in the Mexico pavilion.

ppete1975

it doesn't look like that great of a movie.. good dinosaur looked more intriguing. I'm just shocked that we are getting a ride for this movie instead of anything for wall-e big hero six rocketeer meet the Robinsons which all would fit epcot and be a simple overlay. But instead we are losing an easy walk on ride (which is really nice especially if you eat at the restaurant) its one of those secret attractions and is quite enjoyable especially for its footprint. I just feel this will remove Donald and classic Disney for a new movie that doesn't even look that great. And make that area even more crowded.

ppete1975

While this is probably the best international market for the film and the hype here is very big (I'm in Mexico City right now), Coco had a very good debut in Mexico this weekend:

http://deadline.com/2017/10/thor-ra...ina-coco-international-box-office-1202196942/

The reaction here also seems super positive, which is another point in favour of including it in the Mexico pavilion.
ok that might make more sense.... I haven't seen or felt any excitement in the states, compared to some other movies, and the preview doesn't seem to draw me.

DisneyFan18

it doesn't look like that great of a movie.. good dinosaur looked more intriguing. I'm just shocked that we are getting a ride for this movie instead of anything for wall-e big hero six rocketeer meet the Robinsons which all would fit epcot and be a simple overlay. But instead we are losing an easy walk on ride (which is really nice especially if you eat at the restaurant) its one of those secret attractions and is quite enjoyable especially for its footprint. I just feel this will remove Donald and classic Disney for a new movie that doesn't even look that great. And make that area even more crowded.
For starters Coco represents Mexican Culture better than Donald Duck does, which is what Epcot is supposed to do, Coco in Mexico is not another Frozen in Norway... And it is a really good movie, at least for me as a Mexican this is the kind of movie I would like to represent our country for the world. It’s what a Pixar movie should be, The Good Dinosaur is not even close to being as good as Coco is...

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
ok that might make more sense.... I haven't seen or felt any excitement in the states, compared to some other movies, and the preview doesn't seem to draw me.
Well, it'll be a big draw in the Southwest US and other areas where there are large Latin-American populations. And I'll probably go see it, so I'm sure it will be very popular. ;)

disneygeek90

Most Pixar movies don't take place in the US and are still able to draw the population in. If anything, I like watching movies taking place in areas I am a bit less familiar with. Being that this is our neighboring country, I expect it to do well.

ppete1975

I'm sure Ill go see it.... Its Disney :) Its just the first time ive seen them talk about doing this before the movie even came out.

disneygeek90

I'm sure Ill go see it.... Its Disney :) Its just the first time ive seen them talk about doing this before the movie even came out.
It's probably the first time it's made this much sense at a preexisting ride. Three Caballeros is literally screaming for an overlay by a new Pixar IP surrounding itself around Day of the Dead and actual Mexican culture, not Donald Duck hiding from servers in a Mexican restaurant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom