Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
If budget permitted, a full gut and re-theme (as opposed to just plopping the Coco characters into the existing attraction) could be really amazing. Using similar tech to Na'vi River Journey combining multi-layered projection effects blended seamlessly into practical effects with a few animations scattered throughout could create a beautiful attraction that would easily rival Frozen Ever After for line lengths.

Anyone inside know the extent of this project (assuming that it is still in the works)?

DisneyFan18

If budget permitted, a full gut and re-theme (as opposed to just plopping the Coco characters into the existing attraction) could be really amazing. Using similar tech to Na'vi River Journey combining multi-layered projection effects blended seamlessly into practical effects with a few animations scattered throughout could create a beautiful attraction that would easily rival Frozen Ever After for line lengths.

Anyone inside know the extent of this project (assuming that it is still in the works)?
@marni1971, if you’re able to answer, how likely would you consider something like this happening? Or should we expect something smaller? :)

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I thought Coco is not out here until November 22nd...and Mexico on October 27

I think it will be at a film festival this Friday...

DisneyFan18

I thought Coco is not out here until November 22nd...and Mexico on October 27

I think it will be at a film festival this Friday...
Yep, it will open the Morelia International Film Festival, this Friday. I’m going to spend the weekend there, I heard there will also be a Mapping Projection based on Coco, if I’m able to see it, I’ll upload some photos and info :p

DisneyFan18

I’m just out of the cinema, the movie is so beautiful, I almost cried (I never cry in movies). The third act, is simple perfection, it has a lot of emotion to it. The character arc, the story, and the songs are Pixar Quality, this is a Pixar Masterpiece. Believe me you’ve got to watch it, even if you’ve got your doubts go give it a chance, you won’t regret. Expect a full review tomorrow, I’ll try to stay out of the spoiler territory, the less you know the better, I did knew some spoilers from the Art of Coco Book, but there a few reveals (the most important ones) that I didn’t knew and enjoyed been surprised by the twists (this rarely happens, I’m usually either spoil myself or predict the plot). Overall it’s worth watching, and definitely a Pixar Masterpiece, I would even say that it is one of my favorite Pixar Movies. And to clear it out, it is nothing like The Book of Life :)

Sped2424

I’m just out of the cinema, the movie is so beautiful, I almost cried (I never cry in movies). The third act, is simple perfection, it has a lot of emotion to it. The character arc, the story, and the songs are Pixar Quality, this is a Pixar Masterpiece. Believe me you’ve got to watch it, even if you’ve got your doubts go give it a chance, you won’t regret. Expect a full review tomorrow, I’ll try to stay out of the spoiler territory, the less you know the better, I did knew some spoilers from the Art of Coco Book, but there a few reveals (the most important ones) that I didn’t knew and enjoyed been surprised by the twists (this rarely happens, I’m usually either spoil myself or predict the plot). Overall it’s worth watching, and definitely a Pixar Masterpiece, I would even say that it is one of my favorite Pixar Movies. And to clear it out, it is nothing like The Book of Life :)
OHOHOHOHOH man you have no idea how excited I am for this film. As a latino it's making me shed a tear how devoted to authenticity pixar has been throughout the whole experience. I think this might end up being my favorite pixar film if it truly ends up being great.

mikejs78

Premium Member
OHOHOHOHOH man you have no idea how excited I am for this film. As a latino it's making me shed a tear how devoted to authenticity pixar has been throughout the whole experience. I think this might end up being my favorite pixar film if it truly ends up being great.

I'm not one to be reflexively opposed to the use of IP - if done right. On it's face this seems like the perfect appropriate use of IP. Adding a character from a movie that is really about aspects of Mexican culture to a pavilion that is about Mexican culture. If done right, even if small B- or C-ticket level, this could be really nice. And probably a decent upgrade from what's currently there.

DisneyFan18

Hi! As promised here is my full review, I had more time to process all the feelings and the movie overall. For those who didn’t knew, I had the chance to watch Coco yesterday at the Morelia International Film Festival, and I consider it to be one of my favorite Pixar Films, and I’m actually planning on watching it again as soon as possible.

The plot is perfectly crafted, in a way that everything is connected, and makes sense. Every single thing has a meaning in the story, and we manage to see the characters grow, and evolve. The Plot Twist is also really good, in all honesty I didn’t saw it coming, as I was actually expecting the story to go in a different way. I actually considered that the trailers really worked hard on throwing us into the wrong directions about so many things and characters. The movie being named Coco, feels natural, as she plays an important role overall, but not the way you might be expecting. The songs are also beautiful, they feel very Mexican, and the way they are incorporated in the movie is brilliant and charming. There are also tons of nods and winks to Mexican figures and culture. The third act is simple perfection, it connects everything so perfectly, and it’s really emotional, there were a few scenes that almost made me cry, and a movie rarely manages to achieve that. I consider the ending scene to be on Pixar’s most powerful and emotional scenes ever, once you watch you’ll understand why.

The villain in the movie, I believe that is very grounded, and is the perfect antagonist for Miguel, as they represent the contrary to what he believes in. Finally, every character has a great arc, my favorite character is between Dante and Mamma Imelda, however Abuelita, Mama Coco, Ernesto de la Cruz, Miguel, Pepita and Héctor are amazing characters as well, every character fits naturally in the story, there’s a surprise character that doesn’t play a really big role, but was a brilliant addition and made me laugh a lot. The only character that I wasn’t sold off that much on is Chicharrón, as I feel that his character could have been more, he only served as a plot explanation per say. And as you’ve seen in the trailers, the animation is pure perfection, the final product is beautiful, there’s a lot of detail, it’s visually stunning.

At the end of the movie everyone in the audience clapped, and I was even able to hear some people sobbing. The movie manages to do what most Pixar movies do, make you laugh and the next moment make you want to cry. Therefore my veredict is that this is another Pixar Masterpiece reminiscent of its Golden Era, it’s definitely worth watching and rewatching, and I would like to hear once again all of the songs, specially Proud Corazón as I was experiencing so many feelings in that scene that I liked that one the most.

If there are any questions I’ll be happy to answer! And my advice is to go to the theaters knowing the least possible!

Last edited:

Sped2424

Hi! As promised here is my full review, I had more time to process all the feelings and the movie overall. For those who didn’t knew, I had the chance to watch Coco yesterday at the Morelia International Film Festival, and I consider it to be one of my favorite Pixar Films, and I’m actually planning on watching it again as soon as possible.

The plot is perfectly crafted, in a way that everything is connected, and makes sense. Every single thing has a meaning in the story, and we manage to see the characters grow, and evolve. The Plot Twist is also really good, in all honesty I didn’t saw it coming, as I was actually expecting the story to go in a different way. I actually considered that the trailers really worked hard on throwing us into the wrong directions about so many things and characters. The movie being named Coco, feels natural, as she plays an important role overall, but not the way you might be expecting. The songs are also beautiful, they feel very Mexican, and the way they are incorporated in the movie is brilliant and charming. There are also tons of nods and winks to Mexican figures and culture. The third act is simple perfection, it connects everything so perfectly, and it’s really emotional, there were a few scenes that almost made me cry, and a movie rarely manages to achieve that. I consider the ending scene to be on Pixar’s most powerful and emotional scenes ever, once you watch you’ll understand why.

The villain in the movie, I believe that is very grounded, and is the perfect antagonist for Miguel, as they represent the contrary to what he believes in. Finally, every character has a great arc, my favorite character is between Dante and Mamma Imelda, however Abuelita, Mama Coco, Ernesto de la Cruz, Miguel, Pepita and Héctor are amazing characters as well, every character fits naturally in the story, there’s a surprise character that doesn’t play a really big role, but was a brilliant addition and made me laugh a lot. The only character that I wasn’t sold off that much on is Chicharrón, as I feel that his character could have been more, he only served as a plot explanation per say. And as you’ve seen in the trailers, the animation is pure perfection, the final product is beautiful, there’s a lot of detail, it’s visually stunning.

At the end of the movie everyone in the audience clapped, and I was even able to hear some people sobbing. The movie manages to do what most Pixar movies do, make you laugh and the next moment make you want to cry. Therefore my veredict is that this is another Pixar Masterpiece reminiscent of its Golden Era, it’s definitely worth watching and rewatching, and I would like to hear once again all of the songs, specially Proud Corazón as I was experiencing so many feelings in that scene that I liked that one the most.

If there are any questions I’ll be happy to answer! And my advice is to go to the theaters knowing the least possible!
How many songs are in the movie??? I haven't seen one called proud corazon.

raymusiccity

If this actually comes to fruition, they'll need a massive redesign to accommodate the crowds. There's presently a very modest queue, leading to a very slow loading area.

DisneyFan18

@marni1971, once the Coco Attraction opens, will it be given Fastpass+? I know it sounds like the logic option, but since it currently doesn't have, it would mean doing modification in the queue, and if I remember correctly you said that the queue would remain as it is now. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom