Pixar Play Parade and Paint the Night Parade to stay beyond Pixar Fest???

Disneylover152

Original Poster
So, I have always predicted Paint the Night was going to stay beyond Pixar Fest and that Pixar Play Parade was going to end its run or move to Hollywood Studios at Disney World.

Then World of Color broke, so I was almost assured Paint the Night would stay, at least until the end of the holiday season.

Then this was posted on the Disney Parks Blog- https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-pixar-fest-experiences-at-disneyland-resort/ . Notice the lack of BOTH Paint the Night and Pixar Play Parade...

Finally, today the entertainment schedule went to September 4, and while I know it can always change, BOTH Paint the Night and Pixar Play Parade are on the entertainment schedule. But the Pixar fireworks are not on the schedule for that day. https://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendars/day/2018-09-04/

Any thoughts?

RescueTheDay

Pixar Play Parade will be closing the first week of November before the Holiday season begins. It’s runored to come back next year, but nothing confirmed yet.

Paint the Night is scheduled to go down at or around the same time as Pixar If they change that now that World of Color won’t be running has yet to be seen. If they do choose to continue it expect to see postings for auditions as most of the cast is set to appear in other offerings during that time. The plan is for Paint to come back next year though.

Disneylover152

Original Poster
Pixar Play Parade will be closing the first week of November before the Holiday season begins. It’s runored to come back next year, but nothing confirmed yet.

Paint the Night is scheduled to go down at or around the same time as Pixar If they change that now that World of Color won’t be running has yet to be seen. If they do choose to continue it expect to see postings for auditions as most of the cast is set to appear in other offerings during that time. The plan is for Paint to come back next year though.

Interesting. Any sources? I haven't heard anything about this.

Travel Junkie

Something I think Disneyland has learned is that they can create demand through exclusivity. Playing PTN year around for years makes it just another parade. Removing it during busy times with built in excuses like the food booths, makes it more special and brings crowds in during slower times when they can feature it.

I'm sure they love the continuing will it go away forever talk. The marketing is done for them. Disney is smarter than we give them credit for sometimes.

TwilightZone

I think PTN will stay since they spent money and time replacing one of the floats and moving it. But pixar play I'm doubtful about it's long-term stay.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Something I think Disneyland has learned is that they can create demand through exclusivity. Playing PTN year around for years makes it just another parade. Removing it during busy times with built in excuses like the food booths, makes it more special and brings crowds in during slower times when they can feature it.

I'm sure they love the continuing will it go away forever talk. The marketing is done for them. Disney is smarter than we give them credit for sometimes.

PTN is the McRib of Disney parades.

Phroobar

That Pixar Play parade has been part of DCA for most of its existence. We need something more adult/Epcotish. Bring back Eureka!

disneys-eureka-a-california-parade-travels-through-goldenstate-land-picture-id569117129

Ismael Flores

That Pixar Play parade has been part of DCA for most of its existence. We need something more adult/Epcotish. Bring back Eureka!

disneys-eureka-a-california-parade-travels-through-goldenstate-land-picture-id569117129

I never understood why the past TDA management decided to scrap Eureka in a park that was already lacking things to do. I understand that the park didn't attract the regular guests to watch it because they were supposedly expecting to see characters which was lacking in the whole park.

Instead of scrapping the parade floats completely why didn't they just alter the parade a bit. How dificult would it have been to add characters dressed to fit the theme of the floats.

The Asian float could have easily been represented by Mulan and Mushu. (they even used props from it later on for the Mulan calvacade)

The surf, beach section could have had Goofy and max and maybe even Donalds nephews enjoying a day on the beach.

The Latino section could have had the three Caballeros, to bad they don't have the large puppet Calaveras still they would have been a great way to add them for a coco segment in the pixar play parade :)

all the float segments could have fit one or more of their thousands of characters they have on their arsenal. and created a parade that had some interesting unique floats that can appeal to adults but also had the character element that would have kept the younger generation excited and interested in the parade.

Instead they scrapped it and left DCA with even less to do.

Ismael Flores

It was a pretty parade too. Everything represented California better than the actual park did. It felt like Tapestry of Nations at Epcot with all the large puppets. Characters could have easily been added.

I happened to see it a couple times when it ran a little later in the day and the days were shorter. They build all their parades with lighting and this parade actually looked even more spectacular with its show lighting and the parade lighting on. All the colors popped and the cool costumes really came to life. It was a much better parade then some of the more recent full character based parades.

I really would like them try and make a parade that fits the parks main theme and realistic representations of the park. How many times do i need to see another version of a little mermaid float. A parade like that can still have characters and work for all ages

BrianLo

Is the parade swap in any way related to parade storage space? Are they incapable of storing both a night parade and daytime parade at DCA?

Both Soundsational and Pixar Play Parade are more than ready for retirement though. I anticipate perhaps a new daytime parade for the 65th. With the overabundance of parade floats now held in Disneyland it would be nice to see a longer parade make an appearance.

Send the float scraps to WDW...

Disneylover152

Original Poster
Is the parade swap in any way related to parade storage space? Are they incapable of storing both a night parade and daytime parade at DCA?

No, the parade swaps are so they are able to claim that these two parades are "just for Pixar Fest". If they performed in their respective parks, it wouldn't be that much of a difference considering the fact they were performing already. The parade swaps give Disney the ability to call them "new".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom