News Pixar Place will transform into a Metroville city block at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Purduevian

They need to add rides with capacity to absorb the crowds. Bs and Cs are nice to add too, but flat rides generally have low to very low capacity. I don’t get caught up in D vs E but they need more rides like the MK classic dark rides or headliners with higher capacity like classic EPCOT Center.

Agreed, but just imagine if instead of SDD's ~2100 people per hour...

They had instead added:
Jessie's Critter Carousel (~1300 an hour[similar to prince charming])+Slinky Dog Spin (~800[Similar to Mad Tea Party])+RC Raceway (~3,500 [Similar to tomorrowland speedway]) + A Woody's Round up Dark ride (~1000[Similar to Pooh]).

If the reported cost of SDD of ~$200+ Million was correct, they could have probably made all of that for the same price considering Jessie and slinky would be clones of small rides, RC Raceway would be similar to Tomorrowland speedway, but would require custom go karts, track, and props, finally a dark ride doesn't have to be extremely expensive, just something as nice as Monsters inc in Cali.

Adding multiple b-c tickets instead of one D or E will usually add capacity faster and create diversity in park offerings. Obviously if they added an E ticket like Mansion or Pirates, it would be different as those have insane capacity... but that's not what they have been adding since the early 90s (splash).

Source for Numbers

ToTBellHop

They had instead added:
Jessie's Critter Carousel (~1300 an hour[similar to prince charming])+Slinky Dog Spin (~800[Similar to Mad Tea Party])+RC Raceway (~3,500 [Similar to tomorrowland speedway]) + A Woody's Round up Dark ride (~1000[Similar to Pooh]).

If the reported cost of SDD of ~$200+ Million was correct, they could have probably made all of that for the same price considering Jessie and slinky would be clones of small rides, RC Raceway would be similar to Tomorrowland speedway, but would require custom go karts, track, and props, finally a dark ride doesn't have to be extremely expensive, just something as nice as Monsters inc in Cali.

Adding multiple b-c tickets instead of one D or E will usually add capacity faster and create diversity in park offerings. Obviously if they added an E ticket like Mansion or Pirates, it would be different as those have insane capacity... but that's not what they have been adding since the early 90s (splash).

Source for Numbers
I know you have a source, but 3500 for RC Racer is outrageous.

Purduevian

I know you have a source, but 3500 for RC Racer is outrageous.
Not the RC Racer in HK (would have height issues in DHS), but a speedway type attraction themed to RC Racer is more of an idea I've heard on the forums before. I feel like I've derailed the conversation off of the original intend of the thread though.

Back on topic of Metroville, I visited it for the first time a few weeks ago and it was a fun place to take some photos, look for the Jack Jack easter eggs, and peak into the Edna Mode Experience. I hope this area stays because I don't think there is anything better they could do boxed in like that. It might not have the greatest throughput or capacity, but it's better than nothing!

GoofGoof

Premium Member

They had instead added:

Source for Numbers
When I said headliner e-ticket which is a people eater I was thinking more like mansion, pirates or SSE. Since it wouldn’t likely be an Omni-mover probably Pirates would be the best comparable or maybe something like Star Tours. For the flat rides or kiddie rides they have less appeal to adults (especially if they don’t have kids). I’d be good with adding a few of those as well especially for families with little kids although a play area probably works just as well and you avoid low capacity rides with lines. If they went with an Indy E-ticket ride a “dig area” next to it similar to the one at AK would work.

One issue the park has is they need more FP capacity. It’s hard to have almost all the headliners in tier 1. Maybe once both SW and Great Mickey ride open that will change.

DisneyDreamerxyz

is anyone else hoping they don't close this area a month from now? It's being marketed as closing September 30th. They could easily re-word the marketing to make it "Municberg Ave" instead of "Incredibles Celebration". I know alot of what they put up is easily taken down but stuff like the Edna Mode Experience looks nice enough to keep around and it would be nice if they are willing to pay the expense of keeping it going.

Wasn't the original plan that this would be cast-member only area eventually? Do they need this area for another reason like crowd control? They seem to keep moving Pixar-IPs to Studios and it makes sense with the success of Incredibles 2 to have a dedicated area for them to be (better here than tomorrowland at MK). Eventually I think they could re-skin Rockin' Rollercoaster to be the InCrediCoaster from DCA.

ToTBellHop

is anyone else hoping they don't close this area a month from now? It's being marketed as closing September 30th. They could easily re-word the marketing to make it "Municberg Ave" instead of "Incredibles Celebration". I know alot of what they put up is easily taken down but stuff like the Edna Mode Experience looks nice enough to keep around and it would be nice if they are willing to pay the expense of keeping it going.

Wasn't the original plan that this would be cast-member only area eventually? Do they need this area for another reason like crowd control? They seem to keep moving Pixar-IPs to Studios and it makes sense with the success of Incredibles 2 to have a dedicated area for them to be (better here than tomorrowland at MK). Eventually I think they could re-skin Rockin' Rollercoaster to be the InCrediCoaster from DCA.

They’re not closing it AFAIK. Just the dance party is leaving.

nickys

Premium Member
If necessary, the “Oppa Gungan Style Meesa Hava Great Time Dance Party with Jar-Jar and Friends” that Chapek cut could be added back to get those MFSR wait times up 10 min or so.

Right, that’s it. You’ve gone a step too far.

Can I report a post for bad taste? 😉

DisneyDreamerxyz

does anyone know the hours for this area currently? do they still close the gate to it at a certain time of night? it doesn't say anything on My Disney Experience or times for the Edna meet n greet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom