News Pixar Place will transform into a Metroville city block at Disney's Hollywood Studios

dreamfinder

Aren't the two entrance/exits to SW:GE the Grand Ave and TSL? If so, I would really expect this to become the way in/out rather than use TSL when it first opens. TSL gets crazy enough, so they just keep that gate closed, and then route people over into here instead. TSL is still a dead end, but it helps to keep the crowds separate and improve crowd flow.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Aren't the two entrance/exits to SW:GE the Grand Ave and TSL? If so, I would really expect this to become the way in/out rather than use TSL when it first opens. TSL gets crazy enough, so they just keep that gate closed, and then route people over into here instead. TSL is still a dead end, but it helps to keep the crowds separate and improve crowd flow.

That is correct. The assumption is that for a period of time Grand Ave will be the entrance and TSL the exit. There is also the potential to route people exiting at TSL backstage to Pixar Place instead of actually going through TSL.

Purduevian

I thought I read here somewhere that there will be a one way flow of traffic into and out of SW:GE. You enter at the Grand Ave side and exit at TSL. That’s not permanent, just for peak opening crowds. Peak crowds could last a while though. I would to be surprised if they used switchbacks in Grand Ave area and possibly a line that stretches for a while back towards the front of the park.

Yeah I agree that the line will enter SWGE at Grand Ave, I'm just wondering where Disney is planning to put such a massive line in such a small park. Ideally, they would find a way to allow others to enjoy Muppets, Star tours, and Indy without having to navigate through a line. Utilizing the tap house side of Grand avenue, the backstage road between SWGE and the rest of the park, and pixar place, seemed like a good start to me. Only problem I see would be cutting off Sci Fi and ABC commissary from deliveries during the day.

We are talking massive lines, look even what frozen (1 ride!) had.

1548278748327.png

or Harry Potter
1548278807214.png

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Yeah I agree that the line will enter SWGE at Grand Ave, I'm just wondering where Disney is planning to put such a massive line in such a small park. Ideally, they would find a way to allow others to enjoy Muppets, Star tours, and Indy without having to navigate through a line. Utilizing the tap house side of Grand avenue, the backstage road between SWGE and the rest of the park, and pixar place, seemed like a good start to me. Only problem I see would be cutting off Sci Fi and ABC commissary from deliveries during the day.

We are talking massive lines, look even what frozen (1 ride!) had.

View attachment 343800

or Harry Potter
View attachment 343801
I have no idea what opening week/month will look like. Once the really crushing ridiculous crowds have gone down but there’s still a wait to get into the land I would expect the line to start at echo lake and circle around past Indy and Star Tours to Grand Ave. The red line below. They will need a few breaks in the line where CMs allow traffic to cross, but it should be doable.
BA0EF8E5-AD27-4611-9C3B-70AC52E3C567.jpeg

Sky

Interesting that it's still Pixar Place on the map:

View attachment 342039

View attachment 342042

Maybe they don't want to confuse people into thinking it's a permanent addition that they can plan to visit further in the future?

I was thinking the same thing. Edna is also not included as a Character Meet and Greet...which seems odd, even if this is temporary. Anybody know if the park maps have been updated? I know sometimes one precedes the other, but it seems odd that the easier media to update hasn’t been revised.

NiarrNDisney

I have no idea what opening week/month will look like. Once the really crushing ridiculous crowds have gone down but there’s still a wait to get into the land I would expect the line to start at echo lake and circle around past Indy and Star Tours to Grand Ave. The red line below. They will need a few breaks in the line where CMs allow traffic to cross, but it should be doable.
View attachment 343837

This seems on point and would allow the Mouse to put up a few pop up kiosks to serve food and beverages along Echo Lake and for the guests waiting in line they will able to hop out of line in a few areas to access restaurants and restrooms.

elchippo

I did mean it could handle crowd overflow. But I've also been sitting shiva ever since Great Movie Ride closed and lost track of construction, not realizing there was now an access road there! Curious to watch this spot and see what happens over here.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I visited Municiberg today. Fun!

The dance party is pretty much non-stop. They'll do an introduction, a little skit. Specific dance moves of the supers. Then just dance. With Frozone, they play a game where they shut of the music and you freeze in place. Even for the short times there's no character out, they play oldies rock music to dance to.

The Jack-Jack mini-game isn't finished, but it's getting close. There are now Jack-Jack statues around the place (none on a stick). You can follow most of his path, from the racoon in the trash can to the cookies painted on the ground, to laser burn marks, etc...

2019-01-30 12.21.40.jpg

2019-01-30 12.19.48.jpg

2019-01-30 12.19.15.jpg

ToTBellHop

I visited Municiberg today. Fun!

The dance party is pretty much non-stop. They'll do an introduction, a little skit. Specific dance moves of the supers. Then just dance. With Frozone, they play a game where they shut of the music and you freeze in place. Even for the short times there's no character out, they play oldies rock music to dance to.

The Jack-Jack mini-game isn't finished, but it's getting close. There are now Jack-Jack statues around the place (none on a stick). You can follow most of his path, from the racoon in the trash can to the cookies painted on the ground, to laser burn marks, etc...

View attachment 346398

View attachment 346399

View attachment 346400
Would you recommend I extend my vacation by 1 or 4 nights to fully-experience this? I get the impression that it’s never been a better time to visit Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.

TrainsOfDisney

If you’re going to do a Dance party, this is how to do it. I went in to see the new area and was pleasantly surprised to see equity actors (you’ll recognize them from Citizens of Hollywood and adventurers club!) leading the party with live video to do “interviews” with guests and such. The music was oldies so nice and family friendly and not distracting from theme.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I thought that was done - my son was hoping to do the minigame next week when we're there....

YodaMan

This was originally slated to end in September and many of us were surprised that this added capacity would be gone for the opening of Star Wars Land, making us think they needed it gone to use as an exit or slime thing like that. Now with the earlier opening date of Star Wars Land, does that affect when this wraps up?

mm52200

This was originally slated to end in September and many of us were surprised that this added capacity would be gone for the opening of Star Wars Land, making us think they needed it gone to use as an exit or slime thing like that. Now with the earlier opening date of Star Wars Land, does that affect when this wraps up?
It closing at the end of Sept, just had to do with it being part of the “Now More Than Ever” promotion. Hakuna Matata dance party, and some of the other meet and greets and offerings are all scheduled to close that day so it’s unrelated really.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom