Pixar Pals Countdown To Fun! video

mm52200

PEOPLE, BUDGET CUTS! They got rid of the most expensive elements of the parade, the acrobats and Green Army Men. They cut the complicated choreography, and cut down on the number of performers. This way it's a smaller cast and with easy choreography they don't have to rehearse them as long aka they don't have to pay them for the 5 weeks of training BPB would take for the cast members.

wannabeBelle

Hi all, I wasnt in love with BPB Although I have to tell you I was amazed by the choreography and precision of the dancers and gymnasts in that parade. The soundtrack was also quite good. It was a cute parade. I agree about the show stops as I always seemed to be just slightly off where all the good floats stopped. This parade is just.............well blah. I kept waiting to hear something different and didnt. It is also shorter and not near as visually entertaining. I can see this for maybe one viewing in person, but I doubt I'd be back to see it a second time. I'll be over with Mulch, Sweat & Shears rockin' out!!!! Marie

redkoala245

This is by far the worst parade I've seen (this includes past and present parades) in WDW. Why did they remove BPB?
Also that parade was the biggest waste of 6 minutes and 50 seconds of my life.

spacebaby

And I thought the Dreams Come True parade at the Magic Kingdom was bad!!

What is it with the short boring parades these days - I can remember when a parade would run for up to 30 minutes so you didn't mind having to wait an hour or more to get your curb side spot but 7 minutes is an insult and yet another example of cut backs - as a cast member said to me recently, good parades = many performers which costs money, money they either don't have or don't want to spend. I don't think I'll be rushing back to WDW to see this one...

SeaBase86

I wouldn't be as upset if it was the same parade that was in DCA. But this is just unbelievable. Words can not describe how upset I am with Disney.

WDWRLD

It was nice to see all those characters but the music was just awful. I could see starti ng and finishing with it but transition to movie themed musec for each part. And those traffic cones at the end.....they just look like there is something missing with all those ladder things all over it for nothing.

mm52200

It was nice to see all those characters but the music was just awful. I could see starti ng and finishing with it but transition to movie themed musec for each part. And those traffic cones at the end.....they just look like there is something missing with all those ladder things all over it for nothing.

That's how I feel about all of the floats! All of the ladders and cannons for the nerf balls are visible. You can also see where they use to store lots of the props and the fans that were used for the banners. Its really depressing to see all of BPB's infrastructure just sitting there unused on the floats.

Testtrack321

I'm not expecting any results but it didn't get miraculously better the second day did it?

I'm wondering if you have some sort of personal ties or investment in the old BPB parade since it seems you've had a vocal voice in this (not to mention your signature and avatar).

Otherwise, another parade that I can skip to ride rides.

ToTBellHop

I'm wondering if you have some sort of personal ties or investment in the old BPB parade since it seems you've had a vocal voice in this (not to mention your signature and avatar).

Unfortunately, since it's only 7 minutes long, you can't get on many rides while everyone else is on Hollywood Blvd. waiting to be disappointed.

I'll be honest, I've never been a HUGE fan of DHS parades, but my issue is this seems to be yet another entertainment problem at the theme park supposedly dedicated to entertainment. We have Fantasmic twice a week, now. A very dated Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid show. An oft-closed Drew Carrey show. An unpopular stunt show (unpopular enough to have only two showings each day) along with a dated (but cool) one. A kiddie show. And American Idol. DHS needs some serious work. It has quickly become my least favorite park. AK may have a small roster of attractions, but at least what it has (including entertainment) is of a high calibre. DHS is a mess.

mm52200

The only personal ties or investment I have in BPB is really that I'm just a big fan of it. I've been a big fan since it premiered in DCA and was thrilled for it to come to DHS for mulitple reasons. It would be the kind of entertainment boost that DHS and WDW needed and it proved that WDW entertainment can successfully operate and perform a show/parade like this. I always thought it was really innovative and so entertaining. In my opinion it was a lot better than anything else WDW has ever done. I would actually one day want to work for WDW ent. so it was always a silly dream to get to do a show like that, but now this recent parade just makes me lose hope for WDW entertainment. So all I really am is just a big fan, wish I had more involvement with it but that's it haha.

TP2000

We have Fantasmic twice a week, now. A very dated Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid show. An oft-closed Drew Carrey show....

I would put Fantasmic in the "very dated" category with Beauty and the Beast and Mermaid.

Have you seen what they've done with the Disneyland version in recent years? It's very apparent that the Disneyland version now uses 21st century digital tech and effects, while the DHS version uses badly aging tech from the mid 1990's.

I consider Fantasmic to be the most dated looking show at DHS actually. Probably because it's so easy to compare with Disneyland's version, and I like to visit Disneyland soon after I take a trip to WDW for easy comparisons. BatB and Mermaid are DHS exclusives, so they just have gotten tired all on their own with no direct comparison.

DisneyWorld30th

Hi all,

I have not read everyone's reply. I did watch the video posted here as well as some other websites.

As a parade fan, I was excited when I heard the (DCA) Play Parade Music. I have seen the Disney's California Adventure Play Parade twice and loved it. The show is very energetic and has great costumes.

When I watched the online video, I can see they have not refreshed much. Some paint on some of the Block Party Bash floats and a new soundtrack. Same costumes. Same tired show!

This is not first class entertainment. If you saw the Play Parade (DCA) the way it supposed to be, you'd be impressed.

How about the Disney World Entertainment team coming up with something new. Stop borrowing stuff from the West Coast.

And lets create some new floats? One of the floats at the Magic Kingdom is now 15 years old. Remember the Magic? I do! And the pink castle as well!

Come on Disney. You can do better!

parade2.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
REPLACE ME!

manuelpr02

I was present for the debut of this parade on Sunday as well. I must say I had high expectations, but was let down. The opportunity to make this parade amazing is there. I feel they need to incorporate more Pixar Characters. I mean goodness the Green Army Men where missing from the parade. I think the addition of Characters from Cars and Nemo would be cool. Regardless the parade was ok to watch, and the kids really seemed to enjoy it. As always Disney has a huge area of opportunity to improve this parade. I am hoping they truly take that opportunity!

Granted all of the performers did an outstanding job

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom