Pi's Disneyland! Updated: Fire Mountain

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
-Fantasia Avenue Entrance Courtyard-

And now we come to the final section of Pi’s Disneyland! I have had so much fun working on this and I hope you all have had fun reading this! Just because the park it self is done doesn’t mean I am! As I’ve said before, I’m going to start doing write ups for attractions next. I have a few in mind, but I am open to suggestions of any attractions you are interested in or anything at all you want more of any explanation on.

Anyways, without further adieu, let’s get to Town Square! Centered around the flag poles and gardens found at the front of the park, this is the first thing guests see as they enter and the last they see when they leave. It all starts in the Town Square.

You come into the park, entering past the floral Mickey head and under the grand train station. The red brick below you reminiscent of a red carpet. Posters for attractions (such as Jungle Cruise… in SPACE!!!, Nick Nimbus’s Greatest Show Above the Earth, Belle’s Scary Adventure, Legend of the Headless Horseman, Splash Mountain with Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too, and Fire Mountain) line the walls serving as a preview for your day. The smell of popcorn wafts through the air coming from the nearby stands. Your journey into a world inspired by the works and legacy of one of the greatest filmmakers of all time, Walt Disney, is about to begin.

To all who come to this happy place, welcome.

This is not simply you entering the movies. This is a new movie where you are the star. This is your journey, not someone else’s. You travel not through the worlds of other characters, but through a new world where these characters live, magic is real, and adventure awaits.

Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

This is your story.

And it starts now!

Welcome to Pi’s Disneyland.

Welcome to your dream come true.

1.png

-City Hall/Guest Relations-

2.png

The first and most practical part of Town Square is Guest Relations housed in the town Hall. Any questions at all can be answered here!

Where do babies come from?

Any Disney related questions can be answered here! This is also the place for stroller/locker rentals (though the lockers are actually housed under the train station) and lost & found.

-The Firehouse-

3.png

The iconic firehouse can be found here. Visually very reminiscent of Disneyland’s. In tribute to Walt’s apartment in the original firehouse, the Sorcerer Yensid is said to live in above the Firehouse. His shadow is projected onto the window every once in a while to let guests know he is there.

The shadow is not always in the window though because Yensid is not always in his home up there. Throughout the day, guests can enter into the Firehouse in small groups for an interactive experience.

4.png

Similar to the experience in ollivander’s at Universal, Yensid chooses a potential apprentice, gives them the iconic hat, and teaches him a few spells to interact with the room (triggering different, simple effects). Yensid then takes the hat back and recommend the kid continues their training as they have the makings of a true sorcerer.

-Mickey’s Phillarmagic-

5.png

A new version of Mickey’s Phillarmagic 4-D show will be housed in the Town Square Theater. Two theaters will be built to increase capacity for the show right at the front of the park. The second theater will only be used during peak times during the day and/or during peak crowd seasons.

6.png

The show itself will be completely remade (though keeping the same plot). It will be created in Meander using a blend of 2-D/3-D animation (like the short Paper Man). A randomization process will be used so that the show is different every time with 3 different possibilities for each of the six Disney song segments. Only Disney Animation Studios and Pixar movies are used, no live action or outside films. The show exits out into Donald’s Ark Toy Store.

-Donald’s Ark Toy Store-

7.png

The Donald’s Ark Toy Store is the best place for Stuffed Animals and Tsum Tsums in the entire park. Besides stuffed animals, other toys are featured as well (especially ones based on the films featured in Phillarmagic).

A fun store that has thematic ties to the nearby Phillarmagic since they both star Donald Duck!

-Fantasia Avenue Train Station-

8.png

Lastly, let’s discus the attraction that encompasses the park: The Disneyland Railroad! The main station is here on Fantasia Avenue. A second station is found in the Enchanted Forest (It has been added to the overall map). A third station will be added as a part of a future expansion. Either to Dark Woods or to a new land (Toon Town?).

Underneath the station will be the lockers (that can be rented at City Hall) and the main Photo Pass Store for the park. A small pin trading store will be housed here as well.

The trains have the sideways seats facing inward like the Disneyland version.

Trains start their clockwise journey around the park heading towards Adventureland. The first show scene of the train ride is the outdoor dinosaur diorama!

9.png

Inspired by Universe of Energy and the Dinosaur diorama on the Disneyland railroad, this diorama will feature simple, Jungle Cruise style animatronics of mighty dinosaurs in the shadow of Fire Mountain Volcano. Lava flows down Fire Mountain and into the Dino Display.

Trains then enter the Adventureland Cavern. Since this park’s pirates ride features a very different, more movie inspired version of the cave scene, this stretch of the railroad is very reminiscent of the classic haunted cavern from Disneyland’s Pirates of the Caribbean.

Trains then come to the Enchanted Forest Station. They then pass through sections of Splash mountain and Legend of the Headless Horseman.

Next, trains enter a cavern connected to the rockwork that hides Storybook Land. Projectors housed on the roofs of the train project exciting scenes on the cave wall allowing the train to ride alongside Aladdin on the Magic Carpet, Peter Pan flying, Lightning McQueen racing past, and much more!

10.png

Trains exit the cavern and enter the Outdoor Star Ship Parking Diorama. Large recreations of famous Disney (and the extended Disney family even including the recently purchased Fox) space ships are parked here. The Millennium Falcon, the Gummi Ship (from Kingdom Hearts), The Serenity (from Firefly, now an extended Disney family member thanks to the Fox deal), Stitch’s ship, Buzz Lightyear’s ship, the Planet Express ship (from Futurama, now an extended Disney family member thanks to the Fox deal), the X-2 (from Mission: Space in EPCOT), the Milano (from Guardians of the Galaxy), and more can be found here! Even passing under a Recognizer from Tron. All in the shadow of the Star Wars tower!

Trains then make their way back to the station to end their grand circle tour.

As the train ride ends, so does the description of Pi’s Disneyland. The map is now complete! Thank you again for joining me on this journey! I look forward to the next steps of working on the individual attractions!​

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
-Attraction List-

Here is the complete final list of attractions for the park! Ones in bold print are ones I plan on doing full write ups of. Ones that are blue and underlined are links to write ups I’ve already written (I'll add those links once I start writing them lol). If there are any not bolded you would like to see, let me know! I will gladly take requests!

-Adventureland-

1 – Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room –Animatronic Show

2 – Lilo & Stitch Treehouse – Walkthrough

3 – Ohana Rescue – Interactive Game

4 – Lilo & Stitch’s Hula Dance Party on Luau Stage – Children’s Dance Party

5 – The World-Famous Lava Luau on Luau Stage – Streetmosphere Show

6 – Fire Mountain – Rollercoaster

7 – Cave of the Storytellers – Walkthrough

8 – Moana: Voyage of the Wayfinders – Dark Ride/Simulator Hybrid

9 – Pirate Tutorial on the Black Pearl – Interactive Show

10 – Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl – Boat Dark Ride

-Enchanted Forest-

11 – Cheese’s Chase – Flat Ride

12 – Wonderland Gardens – Walkthrough

13 – Bambi’s Frightful Forest – Fantasyland Style Dark Ride

14 – Splash Mountain with Winnie the Pooh & Tigger Too – Log Flume Dark Ride

15 – Honey Pot Spin – Flat Ride

16 – Seven Dwarves Mine – Walkthrough/Playground

-Dark Woods-

17 – Mickey Mouse in the Mad Doctor’s Manic Mansion! – Omnimover Dark Ride

18 – Legend of the Headless Horseman – Moving Theater Dark Ride

19 – Halloween Town Labyrinth – Walkthrough Maze

20 – Pinocchio the Musical – Stage Show

21 – Dragon’s Lair – Walkthrough

-Fantasyland-

22 – Cinderella: The Mouse Dress Dream – Dark Ride/Simulator Hybrid

23 – Beauty and the Beast: Belle’s Scary Adventure – Fantasyland Style Dark Ride

24 – Festival of the Lion King – Stage Show

25 – Sing-Alongs at Storyteller Stage – Streetmosphere Show

26 – Under the Sea – Flat Ride

27 – Jolly holiday Carousel – Merry-Go-Round

28 – Sword in the Stone – Streetmosphere Show

29 – Frozen: Elsa’s Grand Journey – Trackless Dark Ride

30 – Whole New World – Simulator Ride

31 – Storytime at the Wishing Well – Interactive show

-Neverland Island-

32 – Peter Pan’s Flight – Fantasyland Style Dark Ride

33 – Pixie Dust Blast – Kiddie Coaster

34 – Walking Trails and Interactive Games on Neverland Island

-Cloud Circus-

35 – Dumbo the Flying Elephant – Flat Ride

36 – Nick Nimbus’s Greatest Show Above the Earth – Stage Show

37 – Flying Circus Train Above Storybook Land – Suspended Train Ride

38 – Casey Jr. Station – Water Play Area

-Tomorrowland-

39 – It’s a Small World – Boat Dark Ride

40 – Rivers of Time – Rapids/Dark Ride

41 – Galaxy Mountain – Rollercoaster

42 – Star Wars: First Order Escape – Drop Tower

43 – Jungle Cruise… in SPACE!!! – Advanced Simulator

44 – Figment’s Fantastic Flight into Imagination – Suspended Tram Dark Ride

45 – Wall-e: The Exciting Journ-e – Fantasyland Style Dark Ride

46 – Innoventions – Interactive Walkthrough

47 – Baymax Encounter in Innoventions – Interactive Show

48 – Astro Orbiter – Elevated Flat Ride

49 – Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover – Train Ride

50 – Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Training – Interactive Show

-Fantasia Avenue-

51 – Fantasia: A Symphony of Color – Nighttime Projection Show

52 – Happily Ever After – Fireworks Spectacular

53 – Rivers of Magic – Daytime Parade

54 – Fantasmic (Maybe) – Nighttime Stage Show

55 – Fantasia Gardens – Walkthrough

56 – Wilfred Jackson Cinema – Small Show/Meet & Greet

57 – Fantasia Avenue Citizens – Streetmosphere Show

58 – Yensid at the Firehouse – Interactive Show

59 – Mickey’s Phillarmagic – 3-D Show

60 – Disneyland Railroad – Train Ride

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    298.2 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
-Attraction List-

Here is the complete final list of attractions for the park! Ones in bold print are ones I plan on doing full write ups of. Ones that are blue are links to write ups I’ve already written (I'll add those links once I start writing them lol). If there are any not bolded you would like to see, let me know! I will gladly take requests!

-Adventureland-

1 – Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room –Animatronic Show

2 – Lilo & Stitch Treehouse – Walkthrough

3 – Ohana Rescue – Interactive Game

4 – Lilo & Stitch’s Hula Dance Party on Luau Stage – Children’s Dance Party

5 – The World-Famous Lava Luau on Luau Stage – Streetmosphere Show

6 – Fire Mountain (Maybe not a full write up, but some more details on the queue and story)– Rollercoaster

7 – Cave of the Storytellers – Walkthrough

8 – Moana: Voyage of the Wayfinders – Dark Ride/Simulator Hybrid

9 – Pirate Tutorial on the Black Pearl – Interactive Show

10 – Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl – Boat Dark Ride

-Enchanted Forest-

11 – Cheese’s Chase – Flat Ride

12 – Wonderland Gardens – Walkthrough

13 – Bambi’s Frightful Forest – Fantasyland Style Dark Ride

14 – Splash Mountain with Winnie the Pooh & Tigger Too – Log Flume Dark Ride

15 – Honey Pot Spin – Flat Ride

16 – Seven Dwarves Mine – Walkthrough/Playground

-Dark Woods-

17 – Mickey Mouse in the Mad Doctor’s Manic Mansion! – Omnimover Dark Ride

18 – Legend of the Headless Horseman – Moving Theater Dark Ride

19 – Halloween Town Labyrinth – Walkthrough Maze

20 – Pinocchio the Musical – Stage Show

21 – Dragon’s Lair – Walkthrough

-Fantasyland-

22 – Cinderella: The Mouse Dress Dream – Dark Ride/Simulator Hybrid

23 – Beauty and the Beast: Belle’s Scary Adventure – Fantasyland Style Dark Ride

24 – Festival of the Lion King – Stage Show

25 – Sing-Alongs at Storyteller Stage – Streetmosphere Show

26 – Under the Sea – Flat Ride

27 – Jolly holiday Carousel – Merry-Go-Round

28 – Sword in the Stone – Streetmosphere Show

29 – Frozen: Elsa’s Grand Journey – Trackless Dark Ride

30 – Whole New World – Simulator Ride

31 – Storytime at the Wishing Well – Interactive show

-Neverland Island-

32 – Peter Pan’s Flight – Fantasyland Style Dark Ride

33 – Pixie Dust Blast – Kiddie Coaster

34 – Walking Trails and Interactive Games on Neverland Island

-Cloud Circus-

35 – Dumbo the Flying Elephant – Flat Ride

36 – Nick Nimbus’s Greatest Show Above the Earth – Stage Show

37 – Flying Circus Train Above Storybook Land – Suspended Train Ride

38 – Casey Jr. Station – Water Play Area

-Tomorrowland-

39 – It’s a Small World – Boat Dark Ride

40 – Rivers of Time – Rapids/Dark Ride

41 – Galaxy Mountain – Rollercoaster

42 – Star Wars: First Order Escape – Drop Tower

43 – Jungle Cruise… in SPACE!!! – Advanced Simulator

44 – Figment’s Fantastic Flight into Imagination – Suspended Tram Dark Ride

45 – Wall-e: The Exciting Journ-e – Fantasyland Style Dark Ride

46 – Innoventions – Interactive Walkthrough

47 – Baymax Encounter in Innoventions – Interactive Show

48 – Astro Orbiter – Elevated Flat Ride

49 – Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover – Train Ride

50 – Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Training – Interactive Show

-Fantasia Avenue-

51 – Fantasia: A Symphony of Color – Nighttime Projection Show

52 – Happily Ever After – Fireworks Spectacular

53 – Rivers of Magic – Daytime Parade

54 – Fantasmic (Maybe) – Nighttime Stage Show

55 – Fantasia Gardens – Walkthrough

56 – Wilfred Jackson Cinema – Small Show/Meet & Greet

57 – Fantasia Avenue Citizens – Streetmosphere Show

58 – Yensid at the Firehouse – Interactive Show

59 – Mickey’s Phillarmagic – 3-D Show

60 – Disneyland Railroad – Train Ride
Anything else anyone is interested in getting more info on?

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
-Fire Mountain-

1.png

-Overview-

E-Ticket Roller Coaster in Adventureland

Join the Ravenswood Mining company for an exciting ride through and around Fire Mountain. It all leads to an exciting confrontation with a fire creature known as the Heai Tagata who guards the cursed Jewel of the Cinders. The obvious allusions to Disneyland Paris’s Thunder Mountain with the Ravenswood name are meant to help signal that this attraction is the equivalent to Thunder Mountain for this park. The set-up of a mine train is used here with the new location of a tropical volcano and with the addition of a large monster. The thrill level is roughly in line with Thunder Mountain, but it feels a bit more intense thanks to the additional theming and the Heai Tagata.

-Back Story-

1518502123811.png

Rising up over the tropical, Polynesian jungles of Adventureland is the grand volcano locals refer to as Afi Mauga.

Afi Mauga roughly translates to “Fire Mountain” from the Tokelau language (the language from “We Know the Way”).

The beautiful, dangerous volcano has, in recent years, been the site of the next big project by the Ravenswood Mining Company. Founded in Thunder Mesa by Henry Ravenswood in 1849, the Ravenswood Mining Company got its start as the Big Thunder Mining Company. After the unfortunate deaths Henry and his wife Martha, their assets were split between their two kids Melanie and Alexander. Melanie took her half of the funds to start her new life with the man of her dreams, a train engineer. You can ride Phantom Manor in Disneyland Paris to see how her happily ever after turned out.

2.png

Alexander took his half of the funds and rebranded the family business as the Ravenswood Mining Company. Setting up smaller outposts around North America, the company was a modest success. But it was growing! And unlike how it was run under Henry’s lead, the company was growing in legitimate, fully legal ways.

Eventually, the greed that has been the downfall of members of the Ravenswood family for generations began to take hold of Alexander. Hearing tell of a mountain on a small island in the pacific rich with jewels, Alexander charted an expedition. He found the island and, ignoring the warnings from the locals, set up a new mining outpost.

The jewels found throughout Afi Mauga were a prize in and of themselves, but Alexander wanted more. There was tell that somewhere, buried deep within the mountain was the priceless Jewel of the Cinders. If he found that, Alexander would be the richest man to have ever lived! He worked the miners around the clock. He underpaid them. He ignored basic workplace safety in order to expedite their work.

Perhaps most dangerously, Alexander Ravenswood ignored the warnings of the locals. The jewel is said to be guarded by a terrible creature. The Heai Tagata. A strange beast made of flames and rocks. The protector of Afi Mauga and the treasures within.

Mining on the mountain at all is a risk, but if Alexander disturbs the Jewel of the Cinders…

The mercy of God will be the only hope left for him.

-Queue-

4.png

Guests walk through the tropical jungle and past the edges of the mountain to find the Ravenswood Mining Company main outpost at the base of the volcano. Out front at the queue entrance, broken mining equipment is seen. It appears to have been destroyed on purpose as a warning to stop mining operations. Messages like “Stay Away from the mountain,” “Beware the Beast,” and things along those lines are painted on the broken equipment. The biggest piece of broken equipment simply has “Fire Mountain” painted on it to serve as the sign for the attraction.

5.png

The queue line itself winds through the offices and main base of operations for the Ravenswood Mining Company. It is very similar to the current queue of Thunder Mountain is WDW without the interactive elements. Also, played more seriously rather than comedically. Pictures of some of the other Ravenswood mines can be seen, such as Thunder Mesa. A family portrait with Henry, Martha, Melanie, and Alexander Ravenswood can be seen. As well as a portrait of just Alexander. A plaque telling the story of how the Ravenswood Mining Company can be found in the queue as well.

The boarding area and Ride vehicle are both very similar to WDW’s Thunder Mountain as well. The color scheme of the trains is changed from an orange base (to match Thunder Mountain’s Aesthetic) to a rusted metal look. Almost as if these trains are the old trains from Thunder Mesa after a few decades of wear and rust.

7.png

-Ride Through-

-1st Lift Hill-

The ride starts with trains heading immediately into the first lift hill. This is a cavern through Fire mountain full of ancient cave paintings depicting the legend of Afi Mauga and the creature, Heai Tagata, that protects it. The paintings show explorers searching the mountain. Then they find the jewel. Then the monster attacks them! Between the dramatic music playing and the foreboding paintings, an ominous atmosphere is set.

-1st Coaster Segment-

The trains then weave around the outside of the mountain past rock work, broken mining equipment, and a few tropical trees. After a bit, the trains enter another cave. Inside the cavern trains pass alongside a lava flow (brought to life with projection mapping) with artificial heat helping to sell the effect. Simple animatronic bats fill the cave. Volcano bats if you will (@D Hindley )

6.png

-2nd Lift Hill-

Still in the same cave, trains begin to climb a second lift hill. Mining equipment in the cave make it clear this was a recently excavated part of the mountain. A pick axe stuck in the wall has caused a crack to form. Lava is flowing out of that crack down to the lava pool at the start of the cavern. An indistinct roaring sound can be heard. Another mine train like the one guests are riding on seems to have derailed near the top of the lift hill. A warning is scrawled on the side of the derailed train. “This is your last chance. Turn back now or face the wrath of Heia Tagata.”

-2nd Coaster Segment-

Rider’s train then rushes around weaving around the mountain in and out of caverns. Nothing too eventful happens here. Just more mining equipment. Much of it destroyed. Observant guest will notice that these aren’t simply smashed like the equipment from before. It is charred. Crushed. Impaled by something as if a claw has been driven through it. There is another mine train that has been charred and destroyed. This one isn’t simply on the side of the tracks as if it was derailed. It is hanging across some rocky outcroppings as if it was tossed aside. The rider’s train passes directly under the hanging, destroyed train as if it was an archway. Look closely and you might even be able to see charred souvenirs and backpacks hanging out of the broken train (that is why you should secure all loose articles). A lot of little Easter eggs and gags hidden here. Not too many, but just enough to not ruin the ominous atmosphere.

-3rd Lift Hill-

The train then enters another cave for another lift hill. Guests can see the Jewel of the Cinders shining at the top of the hill. A beautiful sight! Mystical music gives the hill a magical feel.

8.png

Then, using a Pepper’s ghost effect, a charred skeleton reaching for the jewel appears. The music and the atmosphere changes. Real fire blasts up from behind the jewel. Observant guests will notice that the skeleton is wearing the burned up, tattered remains of the same outfit Alexander Ravenswood was wearing in the portrait seen earlier. Another Ravenswood has met an unfortunate end brought about by their greed.

-3rd Coaster Segment-

9.png

The train is then sent on one last plunge through dark caves. Nearly pitch black. Suddenly, the train turns a corner to see a large animatronic version of the mighty beast Heia Tagata! A creature who appears to be made of magma and stone. It is very reminiscent of a fiery version of the creature from Journey to the Center of the Earth/Alien Encounter. The creature roars and is an imposing figure. Real fire bursts out around the cave. The heat of the fire adds to the imposing nature of the beast.

The train barely escapes the cave!

Guests go for a quick trip through the tropical jungle at the base of the volcano as a cool down before returning to the station.

-Misc. Details-

The volcano the attraction is housed in is larger than needed just for the coaster. Afi Mauga is meant to be an icon for the park. Besides housing the ride, the volcano connects to the Adventureland Cave, serves as a dramatic backdrop for Fantasmic, and is a great stage for the dinosaur diorama on the train station.

10.png

Afi Mauga will be a signature sight for guests at Pi’s Disneyland.​

Last edited:

pixie_princess

-Fire Mountain-

View attachment 263709

-Overview-

Join the Ravenswood Mining company for an exciting ride through and around Fire Mountain. It all leads to an exciting confrontation with a fire creature known as the Heai Tagata who guards the cursed Jewel of the Cinders. The obvious allusions to Disneyland Paris’s Thunder Mountain with the Ravenswood name are meant to help signal that this attraction is the equivalent to Thunder Mountain for this park. The set-up of a mine train is used here with the new location of a tropical volcano and with the addition of a large monster. The thrill level is roughly in line with Thunder Mountain, but it feels a bit more intense thanks to the additional theming and the Heai Tagata.

-Back Story-

View attachment 263711

Rising up over the tropical, Polynesian jungles of Adventureland is the grand volcano locals refer to as Afi Mauga.

Afi Mauga roughly translates to “Fire Mountain” from the Tokelau language (the language from “We Know the Way”).

The beautiful, dangerous volcano has, in recent years, been the site of the next big project by the Ravenswood Mining Company. Founded in Thunder Mesa by Henry Ravenswood in 1849, the Ravenswood Mining Company got its start as the Big Thunder Mining Company. After the unfortunate deaths Henry and his wife Martha, their assets were split between their two kids Melanie and Alexander. Melanie took her half of the funds to start her new life with the man of her dreams, a train engineer. You can ride Phantom Manor in Disneyland Paris to see how her happily ever after turned out.

View attachment 263710

Alexander took his half of the funds and rebranded the family business as the Ravenswood Mining Company. Setting up smaller outposts around North America, the company was a modest success. But it was growing! And unlike how it was run under Henry’s lead, the company was growing in legitimate, fully legal ways.

Eventually, the greed that has been the downfall of members of the Ravenswood family for generations began to take hold of Alexander. Hearing tell of a mountain on a small island in the pacific rich with jewels, Alexander charted an expedition. He found the island and, ignoring the warnings from the locals, set up a new mining outpost.

The jewels found throughout Afi Mauga were a prize in and of themselves, but Alexander wanted more. There was tell that somewhere, buried deep within the mountain was the priceless Jewel of the Cinders. If he found that, Alexander would be the richest man to have ever lived! He worked the miners around the clock. He underpaid them. He ignored basic workplace safety in order to expedite their work.

Perhaps most dangerously, Alexander Ravenswood ignored the warnings of the locals. The jewel is said to be guarded by a terrible creature. The Heai Tagata. A strange beast made of flames and rocks. The protector of Afi Mauga and the treasures within.

Mining on the mountain at all is a risk, but if Alexander disturbs the Jewel of the Cinders…

-Queue-

View attachment 263712

Guests walk through the tropical jungle and past the edges of the mountain to find the Ravenswood Mining Company main outpost at the base of the volcano. Out front at the queue entrance, broken mining equipment is seen. It appears to have been destroyed on purpose as a warning to stop mining operations. Messages like “Stay Away from the mountain,” “Beware the Beast,” and things along those lines are painted on the broken equipment. The biggest piece of broken equipment simply has “Fire Mountain” painted on it to serve as the sign for the attraction.

View attachment 263713

The queue line itself winds through the offices and main base of operations for the Ravenswood Mining Company. It is very similar to the current queue of Thunder Mountain is WDW without the interactive elements. Also, played more seriously rather than comedically. Pictures of some of the other Ravenswood mines can be seen, such as Thunder Mesa. A family portrait with Henry, Martha, Melanie, and Alexander Ravenswood can be seen. As well as a portrait of just Alexander. A plague telling the story of how the Ravenswood Mining Company can be found in the queue as well.

The boarding area and Ride vehicle are both very similar to WDW’s Thunder Mountain as well. The color scheme of the trains is changed from an orange base (to match Thunder Mountain’s Aesthetic) to a rusted metal look. Almost as if these trains are the old trains from Thunder Mesa after a few decades of wear and rust.

View attachment 263720

-Ride Through-

-1st Lift Hill-

The ride starts with trains heading immediately into the first lift hill. This is a cavern through Fire mountain full of ancient cave paintings depicting the legend of Afi Mauga and the creature, Heai Tagata, that protects it. The paintings show explorers searching the mountain. Then they find the jewel. Then the monster attacks them! Between the dramatic music playing and the foreboding paintings, an ominous atmosphere is set.

-1st Coaster Segment-

The trains then weave around the outside of the mountain past rock work, broken mining equipment, and a few tropical trees. After a bit, the trains enter another cave. Inside the cavern trains pass alongside a lava flow (brought to life with projection mapping) with artificial heat helping to sell the effect. Simple animatronic bats fill the cave. Volcano bats if you will (@D Hindley )

View attachment 263715

-2nd Lift Hill-

Still in the same cave, trains begin to climb a second lift hill. Mining equipment in the cave make it clear this was a recently excavated part of the mountain. A pick axe stuck in the wall has caused a crack to form. Lava is flowing out of that crack down to the lava pool at the start of the cavern. An indistinct roaring sound can be heard. Another mine train like the one guests are riding on seems to have derailed near the top of the lift hill. A warning is scrawled on the side of the derailed train. “This is your last chance. Turn back now or face the wrath of Heia Tagata.”

-2nd Coaster Segment-

Rider’s train then rushes around weaving around the mountain in and out of caverns. Nothing too eventful happens here. Just more mining equipment. Much of it destroyed. Observant guest will notice that these aren’t simply smashed like the equipment from before. It is charred. Crushed. Impaled by something as if a claw has been driven through it. There is another mine train that has been charred and destroyed. This one isn’t simply on the side of the tracks as if it was derailed. It is hanging across some rocky outcroppings as if it was tossed aside. The rider’s train passes directly under the hanging, destroyed train as if it was an archway. Observant guests might even be able to see charred souvenirs and ***** packs hanging out of the broken train (that is why you should secure all loose articles). A lot of little Easter eggs and gags hidden just enough to not ruin the ominous atmosphere.

-3rd Lift Hill-

The train then enters another cave for another lift hill. Guests can see the Jewel of the Cinders shining at the top of the hill. A beautiful sight! Mystical music gives the hill a magical feel.

View attachment 263717

Then, using a Pepper’s ghost effect, a charred skeleton reaching for the jewel appears. The music and the atmosphere changes. Real fire blasts up from behind the jewel. Observant guests will notice that the skeleton is wearing the burned up, tattered remains of the same outfit Alexander Ravenswood was wearing in the portrait seen earlier. Another Ravenswood has meant an unfortunate end brought about by their greed.

-3rd Coaster Segment-

View attachment 263718

The train is then sent on one last plunge through dark caves. Nearly pitch black. Suddenly, the train turns a corner to see a large animatronic version of the mighty beast Heia Tagata! A creature who appears to be made of magma and stone. It is very reminiscent of a fiery version of the creature from Journey to the Center of the Earth/Alien Encounter. The creature roars and is an imposing figure. Real fire bursts out around the cave. The heat of the fire adds to the imposing nature of the beast.

Guests go for a quick trip through the tropical jungle at the base of the volcano as a cool down before returning to the station.

-Misc. Details-

The volcano the attraction is housed in is larger than needed just for the coaster. Afi Mauga is meant to be an icon for the park. Besides housing the ride, the volcano connects to the Adventureland Cave, serves as a dramatic backdrop for Fantasmic, and is a great stage for the dinosaur diorama on the train station.

View attachment 263719

Ummmmmmmmmmm This is ing amazing.

spacemt354

Chili's
-Fire Mountain-

View attachment 263709

-Overview-

-Back Story-

View attachment 263711

View attachment 263710

-Queue-

View attachment 263712

View attachment 263713

The queue line itself winds through the offices and main base of operations for the Ravenswood Mining Company. It is very similar to the current queue of Thunder Mountain is WDW without the interactive elements. Also, played more seriously rather than comedically. Pictures of some of the other Ravenswood mines can be seen, such as Thunder Mesa. A family portrait with Henry, Martha, Melanie, and Alexander Ravenswood can be seen. As well as a portrait of just Alexander. A plaque telling the story of how the Ravenswood Mining Company can be found in the queue as well.

View attachment 263720

-Ride Through-

-1st Lift Hill-

-1st Coaster Segment-

View attachment 263715

-2nd Lift Hill-

-2nd Coaster Segment-

Rider’s train then rushes around weaving around the mountain in and out of caverns. Nothing too eventful happens here. Just more mining equipment. Much of it destroyed. Observant guest will notice that these aren’t simply smashed like the equipment from before. It is charred. Crushed. Impaled by something as if a claw has been driven through it. There is another mine train that has been charred and destroyed. This one isn’t simply on the side of the tracks as if it was derailed. It is hanging across some rocky outcroppings as if it was tossed aside. The rider’s train passes directly under the hanging, destroyed train as if it was an archway. Look closely and you might even be able to see charred souvenirs and backpacks hanging out of the broken train (that is why you should secure all loose articles). A lot of little Easter eggs and gags hidden here. Not too many, but just enough to not ruin the ominous atmosphere.

-3rd Lift Hill-

View attachment 263717

Then, using a Pepper’s ghost effect, a charred skeleton reaching for the jewel appears. The music and the atmosphere changes. Real fire blasts up from behind the jewel. Observant guests will notice that the skeleton is wearing the burned up, tattered remains of the same outfit Alexander Ravenswood was wearing in the portrait seen earlier. Another Ravenswood has met an unfortunate end brought about by their greed.

-3rd Coaster Segment-

View attachment 263718

-Misc. Details-

View attachment 263719

Amazing job with this all around -- and Volcano Bat who can't like that? :p

spacemt354

Chili's
One of the elements that was altered slightly for the story of SA 4 was I originally outlined an entire comic book story for Figment/Dreamfinder. We ended up keeping it for only Act I because some of the prompts changed from the narrative - but this week I'll post the complete storyboard to the Fantasmic 2000 behind the scenes thread.

There were some easter eggs in it, one of which might be relevant to here :) Along with easter eggs to @DisneyManOne and @D Hindley !
1070968707948482046%253Faccount_id%253D9

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
One of the elements that was altered slightly for the story of SA 4 was I originally outlined an entire comic book story for Figment/Dreamfinder. We ended up keeping it for only Act I because some of the prompts changed from the narrative - but this week I'll post the complete storyboard to the Fantasmic 2000 behind the scenes thread.

There were some easter eggs in it, one of which might be relevant to here :) Along with easter eggs to @DisneyManOne and @D Hindley !
1070968707948482046%253Faccount_id%253D9
I'm honored!

Speaking of this dream park, got caught up with finals a Sywtbai and SA. I still wanna come back to it though! It might wait until after summer is over though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom