Pirates Water Park

dramakid85

Original Poster
I know this has already been posted, but just wondering if there were any updates on the pirates waterpark the was pitched a while ago.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think the idea was pretty much determined to be blue sky so much like Myst island it has been put on a shelf somewhere.

aroyston

Its an awesome concept....I'm calling that it goes in California on the land that Disney bought from the old strawberry farm across the street from Disneyland.

DisneyDragon

if only, if only.....:lol:

Hmmm...contaminated water, dilapidated buildings, insufficient facilities - are you looking for a Pirates theme or a Katrina theme?

Besides locating a Pirates-themed water park there would be like, say, converting a whole section of Frontierland into a Pirates-themed area. Think of the bad show, think of the puzzled looks, think of the children!!!

pause

pause

pause

[I wonder how many people have already hit Quick Reply before getting this far...yes, I know about the concept for TSI...]

Seriously, probably be easier and cheaper to build a whole new waterpark. One, the natural water is a no-go. Two, there is probably insufficient water systems for a newer park (RC only had 3 waterslides). Three, the location is not the easiest to get to.

reactiondaction

I hate to sound like a jerk and go against anyones beleifs in this waterpark, but am I the only one who thinks that disney may be taking the success of Pirates 1 and 2 a little to far?
I mean there isnt a waterpark based on Toy story.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I hate to sound like a jerk and go against anyones beleifs in this waterpark, but am I the only one who thinks that disney may be taking the success of Pirates 1 and 2 a little to far?
I mean there isnt a waterpark based on Toy story.
PotC Curse of the Black Pearl
Opening Weekend (USA) $46,630,690
Worldwide $652,100,000

PotC Dead Man's Chest
Opening Weekend (USA) $135,634,554
Worldwide $1,065,361,812
Box office records
Highest Opening Weekend Gross: $135,634,554
Highest July Opening: $135,634,554
Highest Weekend Per Venue Average for a Wide Release: $32,818
Highest Opening Day Gross: $55,830,600
Highest Single Day Gross: $55,830,600
Highest Non-Holiday Monday Gross: $18,140,271
Highest Tuesday Gross: $15,731,919
Highest Friday Gross: $55,830,600
Highest Sunday Gross: $35,360,729
Highest 3-Day Gross: $135,634,554
Highest 6-Day Gross: $183,661,469
Highest Week Gross: $196,019,502
Highest 8-Day Gross: $214,975,000
Highest 9-Day Gross: $239,320,000
Highest 10-Day Gross: $258,205,000
Fastest to 100 Million: 2 days
Fastest to 200 Million: 8 days (beating Spider-Man 2 by a few million dollars)
Fastest to 300 Million: 16 days
Fastest to 1 Billion: 9 weeks
Most Weeks at #1 on the International Charts in the 00s (11 weeks)
Highest Grossing Film of 2006 (in the U.S.): $423,032,628
Highest Worldwide Grossing Film of 2006: $1,064,087,628

Maybe a little but when you have a franchise that pulls those kinds of numbers what else are you going to do. Disney would not do it if people weren't lined up to buy the PotC products.

All that made it's way to the internet was concept art. There are no concrete plans to build this water park. For all we know there is concept art for a Toy Story, Princesses, Villain's, and Nightmare before Christmas water parks stuffed in a file somewhere at WDI.

cmatt

YARGGGGGHHHHH!!! (or ARRRRRRRRGHHH!!! if they have those steep slides like at blizard beach where the swimming trunks go up your.....)

it would be an awesome addition - can never have too many water parks :p

DisneyMusician2

I think they could do without another water park. There are so many more things that need to be done around the world that I am pretty glad that they haven't built a brand-new anything. The MK is in desperate need of some serious rehab work....

JimboJones123

I think they could do without another water park. There are so many more things that need to be done around the world that I am pretty glad that they haven't built a brand-new anything. The MK is in desperate need of some serious rehab work....

Make that 2nd lake for WS 2 to make Epcot the largest hidden Mickey at WDW.

SeanC

Maybe we can find an IT guy from Laugh Floor who has seen an HQ exec's secret plans on a laptop for a Pirates Water Park too! :lol:

hmmm...that post has disappeared

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Maybe we can find an IT guy from Laugh Floor who has seen an HQ exec's secret plans on a laptop for a Pirates Water Park too! :lol:

hmmm...that post has disappeared

Yep, I was looking for that one too. It must have gotten ugly after I went to bed. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom