Pirates of the Carribean

Sire_Bobbie

Original Poster
Is it just me or it the Pirates ride in Paris better than the one in Orlando? As I live in the UK I went to Disneyland Paris before going to Orlando. And while Orlando's Pirates was good. EuroDisney's just seemed a lot better. I'd be interested to hear what other members think.:D

Brett

I've never gotten the chance to go to Disneyland Paris, but I still may have an answer for you. :cool: The DLP version of Pirates is newer than the WDW's version. I'd just assume that the ride seems newer, and maybe has some new technology in it, which enhances the ride quality. Hopefully, I get to find out if I'm right soon!

magny

The DLP pirates is an enhanced version of the one at wdw. It is a longer ride featuring two drops and a waterfall lift hill. Boats also float past the top class Blue Lagoon restaurant. The audio-animatronics are also enhanced. I know a pirates CM if you want mor information.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
yep agree 100% - DLP has an awesome Pirates. It is closer to the DL version - both DLP and DL leave WDWs pirates looking pretty poor in comparison.

DLP also benefits from the AA-100 series Animatronics - the Sword Fight scene is particularly cool. :)

Sire_Bobbie

Original Poster
:cool:

Many thanks for the replies. It all certainly makes sense. We loved DLP's Pirates, as this was one of the first rides we went on at DLP, so much that we went back an extra day to ride it again. Oooh and Space mountain. Awesome!! :D

We would've liked to try out the resturant there,but francs were short. Great atmosphere as you floated through! The second time we went on it there was a couple of young french kids who were yelling "Bon Appetit" as we sailed past. Much laughter ensued.:rolleyes:

magny

The Blue Lagoon restaurant inside pirates is probably one of the best in the park. It's theming is superb. Even if the cast members hate their costumes.

markymark

I think that the majority of attractions in DLP are better than WDW, for the simple reason that they have been in place for years at WDW and the designers have been able to pick up what needed changing or improving and did it.
We went to the Blue Lagoon in April. The location is wonderful, as is the food. The only problem was that I had asked for a table next to the water, unfortunately there was the occasional idiot who thought it would be a clever idea to splash water at those of us sitting near the water. REALLY funny. Don't get me wrong in the right place I am more than happy to get soaked, but not somewhere like that when I was supposed to be having a nice meal. It ended up that I was pre-occupied with watching the people on the boats rather than enjoying my food. In short I'll eat there again, but not at a waterside table.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom