Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest

MissM

Original Poster
I made this for a swap on Craftster.org It was movie/tv themed and she had PotC as one of her favorites. She had this picture pinned and I used it as my inspiration.

potc-box1e.jpg

(You can see the PotC key I bought at MK with it.)

I started with a plain, unfinished wooden box and LaDoll air dry stone clay.

potc-box1a.jpg

potc-box1b.jpg

After letting it dry for about 4 or 5 days, it was rock hard and ready to be painted. You can use anything on it so I painted it with several colors of regular acrylic paint to give it an aged/weathered look. Touches of gold metallic Sharpie finished it off.

potc-box1c.jpg

potc-box1d.jpg

I never made anything like this and it was the first time using the air dry stone clay but I was happy with how it all came out!

More information including links to products used can be found in my blog here: http://www.phoenixfiredesigns.com/blog/2014/06/dead-mans-chest-from-pirates-of-the-caribbean/

MOXOMUMD

I made this for a swap on Craftster.org It was movie/tv themed and she had PotC as one of her favorites. She had this picture pinned and I used it as my inspiration.

potc-box1e.jpg

(You can see the PotC key I bought at MK with it.)

I started with a plain, unfinished wooden box and LaDoll air dry stone clay.

potc-box1a.jpg

potc-box1b.jpg

After letting it dry for about 4 or 5 days, it was rock hard and ready to be painted. You can use anything on it so I painted it with several colors of regular acrylic paint to give it an aged/weathered look. Touches of gold metallic Sharpie finished it off.

potc-box1c.jpg

potc-box1d.jpg

I never made anything like this and it was the first time using the air dry stone clay but I was happy with how it all came out!

More information including links to products used can be found in my blog here: http://www.phoenixfiredesigns.com/blog/2014/06/dead-mans-chest-from-pirates-of-the-caribbean/
Nice! I have that key too. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom