Pirates III Article, Photo's and Trailer

imagineer99

Well, it can't be any worse than the second movie, right?;)

Here's hoping the third flick is actually entertaining (and has a coherent plot).

Mufasa's Pride

"Director Gore Verbinski says the suspense will come from how Sparrow's friends rescue him from the afterlife. "As always, he has his own path in the madness," Verbinski says. "It's interesting what solitary confinement does to the brain. If his brain was sunbaked before, it's freeze-dried now."

An even wackier Jack...I'm speechless

darthjohnny

Man ,that article was cool!

I love the whole idea of the "meeting of the pirate lords" and Tia Dalma having more powers outside the swamp. :D

And just for the record, I loved the second Pirates (Dead Man's Chest) and completely understood the plot. Maybe some of you all should give it another chance.

But I hate how the trailer is premiering with Dancing with the Stars. The show will be two hours long! And you know they'll just drag out how the trailer is "coming up next." :rolleyes: I guess I'm just going to have to sit throught it. :lol:

I was getting woried about the trailer becuase I've heard the rumor of it being shown with the show, but never saw any real advertisements or confirmations until now.

Can't wait until Monday! :D :D :D

Nicole220

Man ,that article was cool!

I love the whole idea of the "meeting of the pirate lords" and Tia Dalma having more powers outside the swamp. :D

And just for the record, I loved the second Pirates (Dead Man's Chest) and completely understood the plot. Maybe some of you all should give it another chance.

But I hate how the trailer is premiering with Dancing with the Stars. The show will be two hours long! And you know they'll just drag out how the trailer is "coming up next." :rolleyes: I guess I'm just going to have to sit throught it. :lol:

I was getting woried about the trailer becuase I've heard the rumor of it being shown with the show, but never saw any real advertisements or confirmations until now.

Can't wait until Monday! :D :D :D
I loved Pirates 2 as well!!!

I bet they'll show the trailer in the very last commercial before the end of the program...:fork:

3 more days!!! :sohappy: :D

imagineer boy

I agree. When I saw it the first time, I enjoyed it, but it was a little hard to take in all of the plot. When I saw it the second time, I understood it and enjoyed it much more.

DisneyBride94

Ultimate Fan Event/Trailer

I'm going to the Pirate's Ultimate Fan Event here in Boston tomorrow...so I'll be seeing the trailer before the Dancing With the Stars debut on television...

I'll report back after the event...I'm so bloody excited!!!!

perculata

I've never really understood why people didn't get the plot. I mean Pirates definitely isn't a perfect movie, but I don't think the plot is one of the problems. I mean theres a chest with davey jones' heart. If you control the chest you control him and the kraken. jack wants the chest to save himself. Will wants it to save his father. Norrington wants it to get his life back and jones wants it so he can control it again. I just don't see why that's confusing.

WDWFigment

I've never really understood why people didn't get the plot. I mean Pirates definitely isn't a perfect movie, but I don't think the plot is one of the problems. I mean theres a chest with davey jones' heart. If you control the chest you control him and the kraken. jack wants the chest to save himself. Will wants it to save his father. Norrington wants it to get his life back and jones wants it so he can control it again. I just don't see why that's confusing.

Agreed. And yet about every other person I talk to says the plot was hard to follow. Perhaps the problem is the typical 'Burkheimer' audience is just expecting a bunch of expletives and explosions with no plot.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Original Poster
Agreed. And yet about every other person I talk to says the plot was hard to follow. Perhaps the problem is the typical 'Burkheimer' audience is just expecting a bunch of expletives and explosions with no plot.

But the movie also suffers from the disease that most middle movies of a trilogy do in that the first movie works well as stand alone, the last one hopefully provides the proper payoff, but the middle one is at best a bridge. Revisiting old characters, but is mostly a setup for the third, and would never work as a stand alone.

darthjohnny

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom