Pirates Evac'd / Pirates Merch Closed / RCFD responding

wild01ride

Original Poster
Not sure of details at this point, but we were about one boat away from boarding POTC when we were hastily told to turn around and exit the way we came. In actuality, when we turned around, they sent us out the closest exit rather than snaking through the line.

After exiting, they were clearly preparing access for some type of rescue personnel.
Minutes later, the store was closed down as well.

We saw someone from RCFD enter from the main walkway, but we haven't seen anyone else.

Lots of Cast/Managers surrounding the attraction now.

Hopefully someone can provide more info!

nytimez

Oh dear, really anxious to know what happensed :/ First thing that conmes to mind is someone has fallen out of the boat during the drop and has been crushed by a oncoming boat.. But that's just me being morbid. I strongly hope this is not the case.

There is no way to fall out of boat during the drop - or at any other part of the ride - unless you're acting like a pretty serious [insert another word for "idiot" here].

The problem is, if this is indeed what has happened, we will soon see lap bars on Pirates.

t3techcom18

Not sure of details at this point, but we were about one boat away from boarding POTC when we were hastily told to turn around and exit the way we came. In actuality, when we turned around, they sent us out the closest exit rather than snaking through the line.

After exiting, they were clearly preparing access for some type of rescue personnel.
Minutes later, the store was closed down as well.

We saw someone from RCFD enter from the main walkway, but we haven't seen anyone else.

Lots of Cast/Managers surrounding the attraction now.

Hopefully someone can provide more info!

Most likely means that the ride went down and needed Reedy Creek to get to the boat that had a mobility-impaired guest. I'm guessing they needed the store/queue area as proper entry/exit points. I don't know whether or not that's the case there, but I do know BTMRR has entry points into the ride path from the queue area, so I'm guessing that is most likely the case.

I heavily doubt it was something serious, especially if it reopened later on in the day. Swarms of managers come in usually come during an all-hands on deck situation, even if some go and look busy while just being plain nosy.

There is no way to fall out of boat during the drop - or at any other part of the ride - unless you're acting like a pretty serious [insert another word for "idiot" here].

The problem is, if this is indeed what has happened, we will soon see lap bars on Pirates.
How about this, Nutcase, dummy? Does that help?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom