Pirate league and bibbidi bobbidi

bgoebel

Planning advice ... So my oldest and biggest potc fan is saving her money for pirates league for our trip and the middle child is saving chore money for bibbidi bobbidi. How much time do these experiences take ? If you've done do you recommend doing them at a particular time per day ( so they can wear it or of wear it at the park due to face painting dramas :) ) , is it feesible to have them both have their experiences the same day and should I, and lastly, we have newest member going on first trip and he will be two when we go...I know he won't feel like he's missing out but since it's our first trip as a complete family, wondering if there's anything to do (maybe pirates ? Or is he too young; also considered barbershop). Thanks all! Love the forum and those of you that have been so kind over the years I've used it as my "get excited" and planning tool :)

HouCuseChickie

We've only done BBB... I know the actual process was under an hour, but we did wind up waiting a while for our turn and we skipped the photos after. If you did these same day- it might be wise to split up if possible. Our first time at BBB we did it mid-morning...this time we're going the 8am since we like the Castle location and it's another way to get into MK pre-park opening. My friends tried this slot back in December and she highly recommends it over anythign in the middle of the day. We just did it that way back in 2010 b/c we wanted it right before CRT, but looking forwards to doing it bright and early this time. My girls are pretty good wearing costumes for a while, but I always bring back-up clothes just in case.

Our younger one was 2 the first time we did it and she felt very left out. I tried to include her as much as possible- costume, my own pixie dust, tiara comb from home, makeup, etc. Even the Photopass photographer was bending over backwards to make it a special time for her as well, but she just wasn't happy. I would look at the barbershop if you have one that is under 3. I hear they are really good with little ones. :)

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

My 2 DS did the Pirate Cruise when they were younger...they loved it!
I believe you have to be 4 years old & potty trained to go on the trip.

My DD did BBB a few years ago...it was a wonderful experience!
She got the hair & makeup package.
She was already dressed in the outfit that she wanted to wear.
We made the appointment for one morning when we were planning to visit the MK...I believe that the castle location is more magical.
She had so much fun!

I would definitely recommend either of these experiences.

The Wonderland Tea Party & The Princess Tea Party (both at the Grand Floridian) are great too!

Upvote 0

lovetheears

Definately take the youngest for the barbershop, It is such a great experience! I would suggest booking the pirates league and the barbershop at the same time. My experience was that my oldest had the 1st appointment of the morning for the pirates league and had no wait he was brought right in. I booked my toddler for the Barber shop 1/2hr later so I didnt have to rush back to the front on the MK, however, we ended up waiting for 25minutes before starting (he had the 1st hair cut with the ears and they saved his hair) it took about 1/2hour at the Barbershop and a little less the 1hour in the pirates league (so I was told). My oldest kept his makeup on until we left the parks for our breaktime/swim but he loved wearing his props the rest of the day and the CMs commented all time on it then my 18 mth old would put his ears on and point out his haircut - made him feel special! Good luck with deciding what to do:)

Upvote 0

bgoebel

Original Poster
Great insight so glad I asked!!! How's the makeup hold up. (stain clothes, sweat, etc ?) I think we will do first thing in morning and love idea of maybe getting in early and we can get some pics without everything so crowded. We also want to do rope drop at some long since we have. It done this yet during our other trips !

Upvote 0

lovetheears

Looking at the pictures there was no makeup on the clothing throughout the day. The makeup around the lips (my son had the cursed pirate) did blur abit, with the extra teeth on the lips blending into the black after having some snacks. it was high 90's that day he had it done and the sweating didnt effect it, but and hour in the pool did. But it did take a little scrubbing to get off.

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Planning advice ... So my oldest and biggest potc fan is saving her money for pirates league for our trip and the middle child is saving chore money for bibbidi bobbidi. How much time do these experiences take ? If you've done do you recommend doing them at a particular time per day ( so they can wear it or of wear it at the park due to face painting dramas :) ) , is it feesible to have them both have their experiences the same day and should I, and lastly, we have newest member going on first trip and he will be two when we go...I know he won't feel like he's missing out but since it's our first trip as a complete family, wondering if there's anything to do (maybe pirates ? Or is he too young; also considered barbershop). Thanks all! Love the forum and those of you that have been so kind over the years I've used it as my "get excited" and planning tool :)

Plan about an hour for the Pirates Makeover. Out children did this on our last trip and loved it. Two years old may be too young. Decide if he is a squirmer. If so, then he may not sit for this. :) And the makeup does smudge, a little. However, don't be too concerned since it does last well enough.

Upvote 0

journ116

We have never done the Pirates League, but did BBB in March 2011 for our oldest DD who had just turned 5. The boutique @ MK wasn't available, so we opted for the DTD location.

We went to AK first thing in the morning, had breakfast & lunch, then headed over to DTD for her 1:30 p.m. appointment. We checked in 15 min. early & I got a knot in my stomach when I overheard others saying that they had been waiting 45 min.! I ended up waiting 45 min. (a total of 1 hr.), and we almost had to walk away because: 1. my oldest DD was fading fast & getting antsie, and 2. my DH had youngest DD who was waking up from her nap and wanted "mommy."

In total, from wait to finished product, 1 hr. 45 min.. DD6 was already in costume & we opted for the CROWN package, which includes: hair, make-up, nails, face gems, and sash. After the boutique experience, we went over to MK for nighttime activities!

At the end of the night, we washed off the make-up, saved the face gems, and took out the extra hair piece, but left the rest of her hair alone. Her hair stayed put throughout the night and the following day! (they must use schalack or something!).

I've saved everything from that experience, so DD6 will probably not do it again (because I can do it for free), but we will let DD3 have that same experience when she's 5 and will actually sit still.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

WDWNooby

We did this in 2009 with my DGD. She was eight at the time. We did BBB at the Castle after CRT breakfast. She was already in her dress. We did the Crown package as well. We went immediately for pictures at the studio after. It was in June and the temps were over 100 every day. Needless to say, the make up got a tad itchy. She wore sorts and a tank top under the dress and boy was I thankful. She was out of the dress by early afternoon. Her hair stayed overnight and all of the next day, even after getting soaked on Splash Mountain. She still talks about that experience and has her photo album of her special day in her room.

Can't say about Pirates as it wasn't available when we went. Sounds like something I might do in December just so I can embarrass my son who is not interested ;)

Upvote 0

ladydi

My three did the pirates league in December 2009. It was about 80 degrees that day and we did it in the am. Some of my daughter's glitter washed off on splash mountain but the majority of the makeup made it through the day and into the night. We had to really scrub our kids faces to get off most of the makeup and one of the boys looked like he had black eyeliner on for a couple of days! The kids loved the experience though. One of the highlights of our vacations. The CMs that work there are fantastic.

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

My three did the pirates league in December 2009. It was about 80 degrees that day and we did it in the am. Some of my daughter's glitter washed off on splash mountain but the majority of the makeup made it through the day and into the night. We had to really scrub our kids faces to get off most of the makeup and one of the boys looked like he had black eyeliner on for a couple of days! The kids loved the experience though. One of the highlights of our vacations. The CMs that work there are fantastic.

It took us a couple of days to get the eyeliner off of our son. I just told people that he's a rocker and he loves 80's hair bands. ;)

Upvote 0

jenmae56

We did the pirates league 2 years ago with our two boys, who were 4 and 7 at the time. Our 4 year old ended up refusing to take part in it because it was a darker room with some loud people who were a bit scary to him. My husband had to take him out. Our older son LOVED IT! We had an early (maybe 10ish) appt. We were there in June and it was HOT! The make up held up great. He got lots of compliments and comments from other guests and cast members all day. He loved it. We would definitely do it again.

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom