Pirate and Princesses in August and September?

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
According to Micechat there will be Pirate and Princess Parties in August and September of this year. Dates have not been announced but are expected to arrive within the next few weeks. Has anyone else heard about this?

EpcotMark

I hihghly doubt it. August is busy season and there would be a lot of people really annoyed about having to pay extra to stay past 7pm in the magic kingdom during such busy time, when the park is usually open until 11pm anyway.

DisneyWales

Halloween

Thats very cose to when they start to run the Halloween nights too.

If they do that then i will belive that there are Milking the Hard Ticket Events too far

If it moves to that date instead of its current new year slot then fair enouogh it makes alot of sence, but if they do it twice a year ill be mighty annoyed.

Its just not a very good party and stinks of cash in to me (the two strongest merchandises as the moment).

MickeyTigg

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me....they don't need to run it in August since it's fairly busy and the MNSHP starts in September.

ToTBellHop

No way in heck this will happen. As I have said in other threads, they don't hold MK parties when sunset is after about 7:30 pm, because they would have to cancel Wishes which would really irritate lots of guests. In fact, I believe they tried doing this with the Halloween and Christmas parties but learned their lesson this past year and started showing Wishes at 6 pm on MVMCP nights.

Shouldn't believe everything we read on a discussion forum.

ISTCrew20

Yep. The chances are very good that the Pirates and Princess Parties will be thrown on Summer and Fall nights. Dates will be posted in advance though.:D

kal1484

August isn't that busy, between August and September it's usually quiet, the only reason it's been busy is because of the DDP.

I can't imagine them doing the same type of party two different times of the year.

Figment1986

they might nit be doing it during 2 times a year next year.. if its more successful in auguest, jan through march will not hapen again... im sure of that.

typhoonguy

Yeah, I'm not sure why people are saying August is busy. It picked up a bit the last two years due to free dining and Air Tran promotions, but I wouldn't say it's been busy.

Rob562

The September park hours were just released a few days ago. I don't know how the hours are for the entire month, but the hours for the week I'll be there (Sept 15-22) has the MK open until 8PM on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, while it's open until 9PM or later on the other days. Certainly looks like the general outline of hours for a hard-ticket event...

Wishes is scheduled to happen *at* the scheduled closing times for every day except Saturday, and Spectro will run on the days the park closes later than 8PM.

-Rob

ToTBellHop

Don't forget that the Halloween party starts during the 2nd half of September. If you look at the MK's park hours for the first half of September, there are only 3 days where the park does not close at 9 or 10 pm, the 7th, 8th, and 14th. In August, the MK is open til 10 pm every night through August 18th, and then fluctuates b/t 9 and 10 pm closures for the rest of the month. There would have to be hours changes to accomodate the party, and it would be another case of marketing taking over the operation of the parks. Clearly, with the presently-planned hours, Disney is expecting moderate to somewhat high crowds.

MickeyTigg

The September park hours were just released a few days ago. I don't know how the hours are for the entire month, but the hours for the week I'll be there (Sept 15-22) has the MK open until 8PM on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, while it's open until 9PM or later on the other days. Certainly looks like the general outline of hours for a hard-ticket event...

If there was going to be a hard ticketed event the park would close at 7 PM not 8 PM.

MickeyTigg

I hope this doesn't happen. The P&P floundered and deserves to be forgotten.

Floundered...hardly....the early dates floundered because they were week dates and the weather was bad. The event on 2/23 was fairly well attended and it was on a Friday. The one on 2/26 looked to be well attended also.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom